Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanted the GT, but when I drove the Premium back in July 2021, I though, "this is fast enough."

But now I am seeing all the GTs all over Facebook and my Instagram and I'm jealous.

I think I could talk my wife into it... hmmm.

Would you guys risk getting a used GT?

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
I really wanted the GT, but when I drove the Premium back in July 2021, I though, "this is fast enough."

But now I am seeing all the GTs all over Facebook and my Instagram and I'm jealous.

Thoughts?
If nothing is wrong with your current Mach-E, I would
just order online from a dealer that sells at MSRP and wait.

·
Registered
2022 Select MMe with std. battery, eAWD, and Comfort & Tech package in Rapid Red
61 Posts
I ordered my Select back in February after thinking like you - "With the comfort/tech package, this is good enough for me. I don't need to spend $3,000 more for a Premium." I'm picking up my car from the dealer this afternoon, and for the last week, I've been regretting not getting the Premium. I suspect if I ordered a Premium, I'd be regretting not getting the GT. And if I got a GT, I'd be regretting not getting a Taycan. And if . . . and if . . . and if . . .

If you have the means to buy a GT and it will make you happy, pull that trigger! If you don't and/or it might not, then . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thoughts?
I have a premium with all-wheel drive and I wouldn't trade it for a GT. Its plenty fast enough. Wait a few years and maybe a new version will come out and then trade in for it. But for now, the GT is not significantly better than the premium for the price difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had a Premium RWD SR, Premium AWD ER, and now a GTPE.

I prefer the AWD ER. The range hit is significant with the GTPE and the suspension outside of Unbridled is still an underdamped messed. The seats and acceleration are awesome but this EV is permanently attached to the charger which wasn't the case with my AWD ER.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thoughts?
Have owned both. My thoughts...if you are a extremely aggressive driver get the GTPE, if you are going to track the car get the GTPE, if you are a macho-personality get the GTPE. If none of these apply get the Premium - its a fantastic car.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Thoughts?
I did the same as you....purchased a Prem. June 2022 because it was the only one on the lot "used" I ordered a lightning at the same time. Thinking that two years waiting for my new truck would fly by. But almost daily it seems like Ford talks about new delays. The dealership says that truly have NO IDEA how long it will take to come in...if ever. So, I want a nicer Mach-E than the one I have. I ordered a GT Perf. Last week. I am being told it will take 6 months to come in. But, I do not have much faith in Ford's promises currently after the issues with my Lightning order. So, hopefully, by Feb 2023 I will be driving my new Mach-E GT P I do HATE that they increased the prices by 7,500 :(

·
Registered
10 Posts

Thoughts?
BTW my son is a Salesman for Ford, they sale the cars at MSRP and he is very honest. He is the one I have purchased my cars from for the last 4 years. Tell him that his Mom sent you and to take care of you LOL. Matt Pack Murray Ford 912-510-3673. 2030 HWY 40 East Kingsland, GA 31548 They can ship cars to you....I recommend them highly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have owned both. My thoughts...if you are a extremely aggressive driver get the GTPE, if you are going to track the car get the GTPE, if you are a macho-personality get the GTPE. If none of these apply get the Premium - its a fantastic car.
Well, I enjoyed your post...I am all those things you said except I am a female macho-personality LOL I cant wait to get my new GT P should be coming in around Feb. I have a prem now RWD reg. battery so I am really looking forward to 3.5 seconds 0-60 my current car only pulls around 7-8 seconds 0-60 and for as much as I paid for this baby I want MORE! So, patiently waiting (ok not patiently) for my new GT P thank you for your insightful post

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a premium with all-wheel drive and I wouldn't trade it for a GT. Its plenty fast enough. Wait a few years and maybe a new version will come out and then trade in for it. But for now, the GT is not significantly better than the premium for the price difference.
I’ve seen some people say the Premium will eventually pass the GT in an extended drag race. Definitely not for about 20 seconds in to it though. That being said… we did it… Between the tax credit and the Premiums selling close to $70k gently used right now, how could I not!!? Part of our reason too is, Dark Matter Gray should be called black, and my wife is looking forward to the Carbonized Gray Metallic w/Night Pony package, GT PE

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thoughts?
I bought GT last year and love the speed and handling . I wound caution against gt performance for two reason. It is equipped with summer tires and range . Last winter my GT fully charged range Was only 145 . The performance would be less

1 - 17 of 17 Posts