Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MME gang,

I recently drove a Tesla Y to get an idea of size & tech offered. It was a VERY quick 20 minute demo ride limited because of waiting list to do the same. One of the things that I really appreciated was the screen where you could see traffic around you in real time to now include stop signs & orange traffic cones. The video shows exactly what i'm referring too. Does anyone know if MME will have something similar to this particular screen? I appreciate the blind spot camera's to make changing lanes a little safer since I have limited movement of my neck after a career in the military.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Hey MME gang,

I recently drove a Tesla Y to get an idea of size & tech offered. It was a VERY quick 20 minute demo ride limited because of waiting list to do the same. One of the things that I really appreciated was the screen where you could see traffic around you in real time to now include stop signs & orange traffic cones. The video shows exactly what i'm referring too. Does anyone know if MME will have something similar to this particular screen? I appreciate the blind spot camera's to make changing lanes a little safer since I have limited movement of my neck after a career in the military.

Hi, nobody knows yet.

If the MME has graphical representation of what the AI is seeing at all, that would be part of the active driver assist system. That’s not scheduled for release until the fall of next year.

Me, when i want to see stop-signs and traffic cones, i just look up through the windshield :)

Blindspot is included, although i dont know if the 360 camera flips on when signaling to changing lanes. That could be an easy OTA update, though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi, nobody knows yet.

If the MME has graphical representation of what the AI is seeing at all, that would be part of the active driver assist system. That’s not scheduled for release until the fall of next year.

Me, when i want to see stop-signs and traffic cones, i just look up through the windshield :)

Blindspot is included, although i dont know if the 360 camera flips on when signaling to changing lanes. That could be an easy OTA update, though.
The Consumer Reports guys commented on the "everything through the center screen" approach. They weren't fans of it. I suppose I could get used to it but for many things, after I own the car for a bit I know where all the switchgear is and can instinctively adjust/turn on/off.
IMO it's great the car knows what's going on around its surroundings and greatly adds to the safety but I personally would just look through the windshield and side+rear glass.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
I can see where the cameras used for blind spots is handy and can improve safety.

The graphical imagery, though its cool, i would find more a distraction. The MMe eye tracking system would keep yelling at me for not looking at the road.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can see where the cameras used for blind spots is handy and can improve safety.

The graphical imagery, though its cool, i would find more a distraction. The MMe eye tracking system would keep yelling at me for not looking at the road.
This is why... until we get to L4 autonomous driving (just get in the passenger seat and tell the car to drive you somewhere), all of these features are more or less distractions. Ford has stated that they will skip L3 autonomous driving as they've found that their engineers, WHILE TESTING, go distracted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts