Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I first started driving my MMe, when I stopped to charge I would always go to 80%.

With experience, I’ve learned that this is inefficient with time. By charging to a % that gave me the mileage I needed to get to the next charge stop + 30 miles, I saved a ton of time. 30 miles is roughly 10% remaining battery. i’ve gone as low as 1% when heading into an area with a lot of chargers.

The more you drive, the more comfortable you will be with what you can get our of your MMe.
I agree and have adopted this approach, but with a couple of provisions. I check the upcoming charge location(s) on plug share to find out how reliable the station is. Living in Texas I have learned that Oklahoma chargers won't live up to even the worst of what I see on Plugshare about them as they always are slower or broken beyond what other people mention. So, sticking to Interstates and EA chargers, checking ahead of time on my next station, and doing my own calculation on expected range based on my recent miles per KwH performance (to me, what is missing is a widget that shows your performance over time in the form of a line graph or even the bars I had on my explorer for avg mpg.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts