Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading on here and other forums on how you all are having so much fun in Unbridled mode and how it gets more range. So I decided to test it out and you all were right! It is fun and does give more range. I normally drive in whisper mode with 1 pedal off. I get about 329-344 miles consistently at 100%. So I switched to Unbridled and drove how I normally do, if not faster because of how fast Unbridled accelerates. I had to make myself slow down a few times because I didn't realize I was speeding. I drove to about 25% and charged. I saw it wasnt charging efficiently last night, because the time to 100% increased and the mileage decreased, so i stopped charging at 38%. I charged again this morning and I got 369 miles 100%. The app always shows about 2 miles more than what the car shows sometimes. I am an Unbridled fan.
I may try engage mode we will see.

I have a CR1 with around 1600 miles on it.
I am in Houston so the weather has been warm for a few months so my driving conditions haven't changed.
I got 329 miles on the GOM a few weeks and got 332 actual miles with some battery left. So far the GOm is pretty accurate and under calculates the miles a lot of times. My trip calculator says I am averaging 4.1 mi/kwh

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been reading on here and other forums on how you all are having so much fun in Unbridled mode and how it gets more range. So I decided to test it out and you all were right! It is fun and does give more range. I normally drive in whisper mode with 1 pedal off. I get about 329-344 miles consistently at 100%. So I switched to Unbridled and drove how I normally do, if not faster because of how fast Unbridled accelerates. I had to make myself slow down a few times because I didn't realize I was speeding. I drove to about 25% and charged. I saw it wasnt charging efficiently last night, because the time to 100% increased and the mileage decreased, so i stopped charging at 38%. I charged again this morning and I got 369 miles 100%. The app always shows about 2 miles more than what the car shows sometimes. I am an Unbridled fan.
I may try engage mode we will see.

View attachment 7853
View attachment 7854
I have a CR1 with around 1600 miles on it.
I am in Houston so the weather has been warm for a few months so my driving conditions haven't changed.
I got 329 miles on the GOM a few weeks and got 332 actual miles with some battery left. So far the GOm is pretty accurate. My trip calculator says I am averaging 4.1 mi/kwh

View attachment 7855
I am so confused. At 90% charge the highest I have seen is 244. I am just over 1000 miles. How are you guys getting so high? I drive in engaged mode with 1 pedal driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am so confused. At 90% charge the highest I have seen is 244. I am just over 1000 miles. How are you guys getting so high? I drive in engaged mode with 1 pedal driving.
My 1 pedal is always off in both Unbridled and whisper mode. I think it uses more energy with it on. Plus Unbridled has alot of 1 pedal driving/regenerative braking so it doesn't need to be on. I havent used engage yet. I do the speed limit or 1-2 miles over that's it. I am in no rush and I was trying to test both modes under the same conditions, like taking my kids to school every day and driving on the highway for 1-2 hours once a week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too am amazed at the mileage you are reporting here. Mine at 95% is 240 miles at 70 degree outside temperature. How in the world are you getting over 300!?
I have a California route 1 which has 305 miles minimum. I believe only the premium and California Route rear wheel drive goes over the 300 mile mark. Which trim do you have?

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,116 Posts
I generally drive in Engage Mode with One Pedal always engaged. Attached is my highest GOM reading in 15 months. I expect that number will drastically change driving through the Utah mountains at 80 MPH. I can't help but wonder if my last visit to the dealer for software updates freed up additional usable battery availability.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I generally drive in Engage Mode with One Pedal always engaged. Attached is my highest GOM reading in 15 months. I expect that number will drastically change driving through the Utah mountains at 80 MPH. I can't help but wonder if my last visit to the dealer for software updates freed up additional usable battery availability.
View attachment 7868
That's awesome. Truly hope my improves. I charged to 100% today and got 289, so already a little better.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,116 Posts
That's awesome. Truly hope my improves. I charged to 100% today and got 289, so already a little better.
With the exception of the day that I picked up the MMe 15 months ago where the GOM showed 294 Range whenever I charge to 100%, I'm generally in the 270+ range. That's why I've wondered if the downloads 'tweaked' the system

·
Registered
75 Posts
View attachment 7868
How are you charging? Level 2 or 110?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something I noticed in Unbridled mode is that the regen breaking is a lot more aggressive than the other two modes. Over time, the system will recalculate your driving habits and performance metrics, which may explain your increased milage figure. I'm going to have to try that; I hadn't considered the benefits of the more aggressive regen braking because I thought it was uncomfortable. May be the best bet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is your one pedal off or on?
Love my MME CR1 RWD, but during 10 months and 10K miles of driving, I have seen my range vary from 225 miles (cold, highway with headwind) to 340 miles (warm day, leisurely rural roads). The corresponding trip mileage goes from 2.7 to 4.1 miles/kWh. Your mileage will vary, so don't be discouraged. It's usually best to monitor the trip mileage rather than the range forecast which can bounce around with the weather.

I like the more agressive regenerative braking that comes with Unbridled mode (my wife's EV6 actually lets you set the braking response independently of drive mode). I always want to know that I'm using the regen braking and not the disk brakes.

Speed, cold temps, headwinds and my bike rack all tend to kill my mileage, but I really don't care as long as I am charging at home. Road trips in bad conditions are a nuisance. And why are gas pumps under cover from the rain while Electrify America makes me get wet? Must be targeting California weather?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Love my MME CR1 RWD, but during 10 months and 10K miles of driving, I have seen my range vary from 225 miles (cold, highway with headwind) to 340 miles (warm day, leisurely rural roads). The corresponding trip mileage goes from 2.7 to 4.1 miles/kWh. Your mileage will vary, so don't be discouraged. It's usually best to monitor the trip mileage rather than the range forecast which can bounce around with the weather.

I like the more agressive regenerative braking that comes with Unbridled mode (my wife's EV6 actually lets you set the braking response independently of drive mode). I always want to know that I'm using the regen braking and not the disk brakes.

Speed, cold temps, headwinds and my bike rack all tend to kill my mileage, but I really don't care as long as I am charging at home. Road trips in bad conditions are a nuisance. And why are gas pumps under cover from the rain while Electrify America makes me get wet? Must be targeting California weather?
Encouraging, thank you. 😊 love my MME premium x range. Worth the wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts