Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully hooked up an external CD player to their MME? I've tried a couple of usb cd drives that were compatible with Sync 3 but they wouldn't read on the newer software. Any suggestions (aside from "rip your music to a usb stick") would be appreciated! Thanks! 馃檪

Registered
"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
I like the sentiment here. Running antiquated equipment in a high tech car. Brings me back to the old days of running a walkman cd player in my car stereo using one of those adapters that go into the casette deck (high tech equipment in an antique car, in this case a 1980 RX-7, boy do I want that car back) .

Anyway, my first thought would be to get something like this: Audio to bluetooth

Registered
2021 Tesla MY, 2017 Volt, Mach e Premium 11/5/22
I like the sentiment here. Running antiquated equipment in a high tech car. Brings me back to the old days of running a walkman cd player in my car stereo using one of those adapters that go into the casette deck (high tech equipment in an antique car, in this case a 1980 RX-7, boy do I want that car back) .

Anyway, my first thought would be to get something like this: Audio to bluetooth
Yup, been there done that too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I also tried a bluetooth CD player and there were BT issues and the cd player would never connect. Unfortunately I have thousands of CDs, many of which are not up on streaming services, or I'd happily just use Apple Music all of the time. A lot of film soundtracks are only released on CD as well so it'd be nice to have the option. It's ironic because I remember getting an aftermarket iPod kit installed into my old Lexus 15 years ago. Now I need the reverse...

Registered
I also tried a bluetooth CD player and there were BT issues and the cd player would never connect. Unfortunately I have thousands of CDs, many of which are not up on streaming services, or I'd happily just use Apple Music all of the time. A lot of film soundtracks are only released on CD as well so it'd be nice to have the option. It's ironic because I remember getting an aftermarket iPod kit installed into my old Lexus 15 years ago. Now I need the reverse...
I tried to get my ipod to work with it, finally gave up, took the easy way out and "ripped my music to a usb" haven't looked back, the menu is easy enough to navigate to find the music or shuffle etc. I actually had dozens of cds which I ended up burning to my computer in mp3 format.

Registered
I tried to get my ipod to work with it, finally gave up, took the easy way out and "ripped my music to a usb" haven't looked back, the menu is easy enough to navigate to find the music or shuffle etc. I actually had dozens of cds which I ended up burning to my computer in mp3 format.
I did the same thing and was so surprised the Ipod wouldn't work since it's just a hard drive. I'm using a 200gb micro USB C flash drive.

Registered
I would definitely rip any CDs that can't be replaced. They don't last forever, and you don't want to wait until they become unplayable to find out you've lost that music. Not to mention the files are much more portable than a stack of CDs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts