Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Use of e-Heat

14K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Linus529 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm curious about the useage of the e-heat system. Default setting is "on", and the car works fine, no issues. But, according to the manual in the car itself, e-heat can be switched "off" , when the car can generate ample heat "on it's own" ?? As far as I know, the car can't draw heat from anything else, right ? Or, does it reffer to seat and steering wheel heating as a source of warmth ?
Can anybody explain ?

Mike

#2 ·
Hello,

I'm curious about the useage of the e-heat system. Default setting is "on", and the car works fine, no issues. But, according to the manual in the car itself, e-heat can be switched "off" , when the car can generate ample heat "on it's own" ?? As far as I know, the car can't draw heat from anything else, right ? Or, does it reffer to seat and steering wheel heating as a source of warmth ?
Can anybody explain ?

Mike
I understood it to me heated seats and steering wheel to augment or replace e-heat which really uses a lot of the battery charge

#7 ·
I don't think the car makes any heat inside the cabin unless you tell it to. I believe it takes care of warming the batteries on its own though.

I find that intermittent use of the eheat, seat heat and steering wheel heat when needed is plenty sufficient. Usually heating the seats up once and turning that off works fine, my butt does the rest. When super cold, no option but to keep the eheat on so the windows don't fog up. If it is at least 25 out, I'm happy to run with nothing on. Wear a coat and hat and no problem. Not sure why we are conditioned to think that the inside of our cars needs to be 80 degrees when we are wearing a coat, hat and gloves when we get in anyway. (That isn't meant to be a personal attack, just something to think about, why we have these expectations that actually aren't that critical)

#8 ·
I don't think the car makes any heat inside the cabin unless you tell it to. I believe it takes care of warming the batteries on its own though.

I find that intermittent use of the eheat, seat heat and steering wheel heat when needed is plenty sufficient. Usually heating the seats up once and turning that off works fine, my butt does the rest. When super cold, no option but to keep the eheat on so the windows don't fog up. If it is at least 25 out, I'm happy to run with nothing on. Wear a coat and hat and no problem. Not sure why we are conditioned to think that the inside of our cars needs to be 80 degrees when we are wearing a coat, hat and gloves when we get in anyway. (That isn't meant to be a personal attack, just something to think about, why we have these expectations that actually aren't that critical)
The other thing with E-heat, I find it best to keep the fan on low speed. it seems more efficient at pushing the heat out.

#11 ·
There was a message sent out on the Ford Pass that confirms you will get more range if you use the seat heat and heated steering wheel, but with single digit temps, I need to use the E-Heat as well. Hopefully setting the cabin temp in the 60s will reduce battery consumption. As was mentioned some folks keep the car too hot for coats and hats. If I'm taking a long trip, however, I shed the heavy coat and raise the temp. I haven't gone on any trips this winter, so no range worries. Just plug it in at night if you have that available.

#14 ·
Yesterday I made a long drive to Belgium, back and forth, about 420 kms. When the car was cozy and warm, I switched E-heat off. But the car almost immediately started to cool down beyond being comfortable. And, as it was a long journey, the situation doesn’t really get any better. Outside temp was approx.. 9 C (48 F), so also not freezing.
I doubt therefore if you can go without E-Heat for a longer

#15 ·
Yesterday I made a long drive to Belgium, back and forth, about 420 kms. When the car was cozy and warm, I switched E-heat off. But the car almost immediately started to cool down beyond being comfortable.
I noticed the cabin stays warmer longer if I turn everything off instead of turning off e-heat only. Turning off e-heat causes cold air to blow from the vents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.