Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that I'm curious about from everyone on here is how are you planning on using your Mach-E? Are you planning on taking it on long road trips or on vacation? Or are you only going to use it in and around town on short trips.

Personally I'm more than happy to use it to take my family on long trips. Just replace charging stops for fuel stops and I don't think it's the end of the world.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Probably more for a daily driver. I hadn't really thought about trips. I saw a post on here before about the Mach E charging network. Does anyone have a link to that?

I saw the disasters this weekend with Tesla Superchargers and the long lineups. Definitely don't want that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here's a couple of links about the charging network guys.I think I'm going to test the Mach-E's range out first to see if I'm comfortable taking it on long road trips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Long trips and EV can also depend upon where you are located, where you are going and what EV you are driving. This is where Tesla has an advantage. Tesla could make some money if they would open up there charging system to all EV's as their system just uses the VIN number to identification. Simple software setup for Tesla.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long trips and EV can also depend upon where you are located, where you are going and what EV you are driving. This is where Tesla has an advantage. Tesla could make some money if they would open up there charging system to all EV's as their system just uses the VIN number to identification. Simple software setup for Tesla.
That's definitely a good point, a lot depends on where you're going. There's a lot of chargers in my area but depending on where I go I'd have to really plan things out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My guess is that Tesla doesn't want to piss off their own customers by making them wait longer because there are more people using their Superchargers. That being said, it might be nice if they could maybe charge a premium so non Tesla owners can use them in an emergency. It's nice that Ford will tow you if you run out of juice for 5 years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess is that Tesla doesn't want to piss off their own customers by making them wait longer because there are more people using their Superchargers. That being said, it might be nice if they could maybe charge a premium so non Tesla owners can use them in an emergency. It's nice that Ford will tow you if you run out of juice for 5 years.
It would make the expansion of EVs so much easier if there was a way for non Tesla owners to use the Superchargers and vice-versa. But that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts