Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My apologies if there is already a thread on this somewhere. I've been unable to find it, if so.

I've had my Mach E home for about 4 hours now. Holy crap do I love it!

I do have a question about charging though...

While charging, do I really have to have the car on to view charging status on the indicator above the steering wheel? Is there a setting anywhere that would allow me to view the status with the car "off"?

Additionally, is there a way to view the charging rate I'm currently getting?

I'm probably just trying to compare it to Tesla because it's what I'm used to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
at the charge port door the indicator lights will show when it's charging, when a percent of the battery is charged ( I think it's 20% increments) the light in that section will stop blinking and will remain illuminated, while a section is charging that light flashes, But you can also see charging status in the ford pass app on your phone. I'm not sure about viewing the charging rate

·
Super Moderator
2,794 Posts
My apologies if there is already a thread on this somewhere. I've been unable to find it, if so.

While charging, do I really have to have the car on to view charging status on the indicator above the steering wheel? Is there a setting anywhere that would allow me to view the status with the car "off"?

Thanks.
You can also monitor charging in the FordPass app.

Clicking Details shows you this:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I got the app working and it's ok. I just wish we got more information. I also realize we are the beta users. We may get more in the future!

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's no way to check the charging rate just yet, that's a future update. Most people (like my wife) don't understand kWh anyways. She just wants to see "15 minutes until fully charged". I'd like to see charging rate but I think the demographic doesn't care too much so Ford didn't include it at launch.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Thanks.
Ford apparently does not give you the charging rate but some wifi connected EV charge boxes do. Juice Box app gives you current amps, current kwh rate, current line voltage, session total kwh, and lifetime kwh totals. So you can monitor the charge rate from your phone JB app. I read complaints about Ford that while dc fast charging you can't view the charge rate inside the car. You either have to exit the car and view the charger screen or have a pair of binoculars so you can view from inside the car. Who wants to exit the car in the winter just to monitor the kwh rate?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There's no way to check the charging rate just yet, that's a future update. Most people (like my wife) don't understand kWh anyways. She just wants to see "15 minutes until fully charged". I'd like to see charging rate but I think the demographic doesn't care too much so Ford didn't include it at launch.
Yep. Totally agree. I just nerd out about this stuff and was spoiled seeing it on friends' Teslas. I'll patiently await a future update. 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts