Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
VW Starts Production of ID.4 Electric Crossover Headed Stateside

"When it comes to range the ID.4 is expected to offer 310 miles in top form but a slightly shorter-range variant might go about 250 miles."​

and

"VW execs have hinted the range-topping version will land somewhere around $45,000, before the $7,500 federal tax credit, while the base model is likely to start in the low-$30,000 range, again prior to the $7,500 federal tax credit."​

see: VW Starts Production of ID.4 Electric Crossover Headed Stateside

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
VW Starts Production of ID.4 Electric Crossover Headed Stateside

"When it comes to range the ID.4 is expected to offer 310 miles in top form but a slightly shorter-range variant might go about 250 miles."​

and

"VW execs have hinted the range-topping version will land somewhere around $45,000, before the $7,500 federal tax credit, while the base model is likely to start in the low-$30,000 range, again prior to the $7,500 federal tax credit."​

see: VW Starts Production of ID.4 Electric Crossover Headed Stateside
We don’t even know what the interior of the ID.4 looks like yet. I only saw the crazy prototype pictures.
I don’t see how it will be ready for launch the end of this year, they just barely got the ID.3 straightened out.

·
Registered
726 Posts
We don’t even know what the interior of the ID.4 looks like yet. I only saw the crazy prototype pictures.
I don’t see how it will be ready for launch the end of this year, they just barely got the ID.3 straightened out.

From the article:

The electric crossover is scheduled to land in VW dealerships before year end and before the Nissan Ariya goes on sale. For a while the VW, the Ariya and the Model Y will be the three competing for sales in this price range.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the article:

The electric crossover is scheduled to land in VW dealerships before year end and before the Nissan Ariya goes on sale. For a while the VW, the Ariya and the Model Y will be the three competing for sales in this price range.
Depending on how long Ford takes to get the MMe to me, there are more and more potential options (except the Mod Y) becoming available for another lease to see how the market shakes out over the next 24-36 months.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Depending on how long Ford takes to get the MMe to me, there are more and more potential options (except the Mod Y) becoming available for another lease to see how the market shakes out over the next 24-36 months.
Jut my $.02:

Do not count out the Model Y: I have been following the "complaints" on YouTube. Production in July has cured 95% of those complaints, paint, misaligned doors, molding, etc.

I agree 100% that the first models were terrible, but that is no longer the case.

Of course other than promotional videos from Ford, no one has actually driven the MachE or gone over it for productions flaws - which first year of production there will be many.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jut my $.02:

Do not count out the Model Y: I have been following the "complaints" on YouTube. Production in July has cured 95% of those complaints, paint, misaligned doors, molding, etc.

I agree 100% that the first models were terrible, but that is no longer the case.

Of course other than promotional videos from Ford, no one has actually driven the MachE or gone over it for productions flaws - which first year of production there will be many.
It has to do with the "minimalistic" interior. I could never own a vehicle without an instrument panel. Also Tesla utilizes the screen for things like vent changes, lane warning etc which I also don't want. It's aesthetics for me. When they put an interior similar to the Mod S then I would consider giving Tesla a look. Two family members have a Tesla one a 3 and one S

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
From the article:

i read the article, JTK.

My point being: if you are anouncing a vehicle for end-of-year release, you should have all the details nailed down to show the public by now. Even pictures from a test fleet, something to gain the customer interest.
They fell behind on the ID.3 and then rushed to catch up. They ended up having a thousand cars sitting on lots since the beginning of the year. They are just starting to sell them now.
The ID.4? Just the computer rendering and the prototype photos. If the interior is as cheap as the ID.3, i will pass.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
Jut my $.02:

I have already ruled out all current Tesla vehicles for all the reasons others mentioned by others above, and more.

Im disappointed at the VW MEB implementation of the ID.3. The lack of info on the ID.4 makes it feel rushed to market and is also disheartening.

If my MMe order doesn’t work out, i will keep my current vehicle and will be checking out every manufacturer EV offering in the next few years.

Aside from the MMe, nothing else is catching my eye at the moment. I’m not buying an EV just to own any EV. A car must move me every time i see it and drive it. The experience must be complete, both pragmatically and emotionally.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have already ruled out all current Tesla vehicles for all the reasons others mentioned by others above, and more.

Im disappointed at the VW MEB implementation of the ID.3. The lack of info on the ID.4 makes it feel rushed to market and is also disheartening.

If my MMe order doesn’t work out, i will keep my current vehicle and will be checking out every manufacturer EV offering in the next few years.

Aside from the MMe, nothing else is catching my eye at the moment. I’m not buying an EV just to own any EV. A car must move me every time i see it and drive it. The experience must be complete, both pragmatically and emotionally.
I wholeheartedly agree, right now the MMe is my choice by a long margin. Price, style, features, and once again overall aesthetics. This is a great looking vehicle at what I consider a good price point for the amenities. IJMO, ICBW

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lack of a speedometer behind the wheel, or of a HUD, is a major mistake IMHO. Wait until a few vehicles veer off the road because is was discovered that the driver was focusing on the central screen.
The warning for a vehicle in the next lane is on the screen not on the side view mirror where you are looking when you lane change. Why would you want to use a computer screen to adjust your air vents. Perhaps for the same reason you would want your vehicle to make Fart noises?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,010 Posts
I’m rather surprised to see the charging port in the right rear like an ICE car.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m rather surprised to see the charging port in the right rear like an ICE car.
While I generally back into public parking spots, I pull into my home garage where I do 99% of my charging so I agree that the charge port is better (for me) in the front.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Volkswagen ID 4 online reservations open next month with $100 refundable deposit Volkswagen ID 4 online reservations open next month with $100 refundable deposit

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Still no interior photos of the ID 4

Just my $.02:

This is nothing more than a market ploy - albeit a good one.

I think buying online is here to stay.

I also think that in a few years there will be plethora of BEV and maintaining selling price at MSRP will be more and more difficult if indeed impossible.

My last four cars, two Ford Edge Sports and two Mercedes were all done without going to a dealer until I actually picked up the car. My only "face to face" with the salesmen was when I picked up the car and signed the lease.

·
Registered
726 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts