Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, the ID.4 and it's performance version GTX, may be a significant competitor to the Mustang Mach-E. VW has a long history of creating solid platforms with fun performance versions. The GTI/R versions of the Golf are amazing performance values, with character, history and soul. If they nail the price point significantly lower than Tesla, they'll have a winner on their hands.

VW May Debut GTX Performance Badge On ID.4 EV Crossover

I still want the Mach-E over this, but I am definitely looking forward to the April announcement for the ID.4 for more info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
At least in UK, ID4 is unlikely to be price competive based on what's going on with ID3. The base ID3 out in summer is almost priced at base Tesla model 3 SR+ (£40k vs £42k). What you get with ID3 is hatchback and similar range to 3SR+ but far less of a car otherwise - no fancy tech, no performance. I was going for ID3 (had reservation) until I learnt price last week (was expecting £35k) and have since cancelled. Mach E now more attractive option. Tesla model 3 would be option as well except not a hatchback.
I anticipate base ID4 will be £44k minimum....and that won't get you GTX. (£50, 60k maybe??)
VW turning out to be less the people's car and more an elite premium expensive option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts