Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called a Ford dealer in my midwest city and asked to speak to the person designated as the Mustang Mach-E contact. Well, a salesman called me back and thought I wanted a regular Mustang and attempted to talk me to come in and look at them. When I said Mach-E he still did not get it for a few seconds. This is a large Ford dealership and they apparently are not even close to being ready to talk about the Mach-E.
Salesman need to learn their company’s products when they are sitting around waiting for customers. When I go to a dealer, I sneak a peak at idle salesmen’s iPads and more often than not, the screens shows a social media site or the like.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had to go into my local large dealer and ask the same things. I spoke to the sales manager and it never occurred to him to reach out to the 7 people on the reservation list. He has since sent out an introduction email and said he would keep in touch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sent an email to the General Manager at my dealership back in late January in Ohio and received no response.
I waited 2-3 weeks and emailed the Sales Manager and still no response 4 weeks later. They must not care about a customer who is reaching out to them and saying "I have a reservation, I chose you as the dealer, let me know when you have details"

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve had a similar experience. I live in a very friendly EV city so I was hoping for a little more knowledge and perhaps excitement. After being ignored on an email and multiple social media platforms, I finally got some answers while my Escape was getting a service. They either couldn’t or wouldn’t tell me how many reservations that had, but after about an hour they were finally able to confirm they had my reservation in their system. I already know more about the car than they do, but I found out several of the people (who answer the phone, email, and social media) weren’t even familiar with the Mach-E. I do have the contact for who will be awaiting me down the road, but it’s useless until FoMoCo releases more info. I’m getting frustrated with Ford. I think they’re doing a poor job of keeping me “excited” about the vehicle with the lack of new details. Just my own opinion though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just found out my job temporary laid me off until at least mid-may due to covid-19 so this would not be a good time to come in and talk about a new car! I wonder how this crisis is going to affect a lot of these deposits. :-(

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
203 Posts
I sent an email to the General Manager at my dealership back in late January in Ohio and received no response.
I waited 2-3 weeks and emailed the Sales Manager and still no response 4 weeks later. They must not care about a customer who is reaching out to them and saying "I have a reservation, I chose you as the dealer, let me know when you have details"
I'm in Ohio too . . . my regular salesman sent me an email the Monday after I placed my reservation. I have stopped in a couple of times just to check and they are still waiting for information. My current salesman and dealership are pretty good that way. In the past, I would often know more about the cars and all the options than the salespeople. Many of those people I don't think are really "car" guys or gals - they are just salespeople that happen to work at a car dealership right now. Next week they might be in the suit department at Macy's.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
68 Posts
In my case, the dealer didn't get any more info than me either. But I was suprise that a small town got is 31 reservation slot nearly fill with me been the last one just one week after the car was reveal at the Los Angeles auto show. They told me I need to be sure of the trim I want since I won't be able to change it. Since not all options and packages were release, I found it weird but I just think he was testing me to make sure I was serious.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
892 Posts
My dealer (Silver Spring, MD) contacted me right away. I even got a call from the VP for operations the morning of 11/18. That was followed by a congratulatory email on my First Edition reservation. Since then nothing but standard emails about their various holiday sale weekends, now one on Covid-19 operations. Nothing on MME since November.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Ohio too . . . my regular salesman sent me an email the Monday after I placed my reservation. I have stopped in a couple of times just to check and they are still waiting for information. My current salesman and dealership are pretty good that way. In the past, I would often know more about the cars and all the options than the salespeople. Many of those people I don't think are really "car" guys or gals - they are just salespeople that happen to work at a car dealership right now. Next week they might be in the suit department at Macy's.
maybe i should be working with your dealer. If you are located in Northeast OH send me a message.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The dealer not being ready reflects the apathy that many hold toward electric vehicles, especially in the heartland of our country which has been behind the times compared to the dealers on the coasts, which have been selling vehicles like the Focus EV for years now and are better prepared. We are seeing exactly one of the reasons Tesla supporters denounce the traditional dealership model -- when it comes to EVs, many involved either don't know or don't care to know about something different than the product they are used to selling.

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
The dealer not being ready reflects the apathy that many hold toward electric vehicles, especially in the heartland of our country which has been behind the times compared to the dealers on the coasts, which have been selling vehicles like the Focus EV for years now and are better prepared. We are seeing exactly one of the reasons Tesla supporters denounce the traditional dealership model -- when it comes to EVs, many involved either don't know or don't care to know about something different than the product they are used to selling.
They better learn quick, in a few years half their offerings will be electric.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts