Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a look at speculations about when deliveries could occur and concluded that I waited much too long to put in my reservation. As a result, I believe it would be WELL into next year before I saw the car. I needed to move to a car that could carry our granddaughters in car seats (my Mustang convertible certainly was not going to do that in any reasonable fashion) so I will call and cancel my order Monday. I could not find a way to do it online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Unfortunately, you may be correct. I wish we had more solid info from Ford about production dates based on when we placed reservations/ orders.

What are you planning on getting instead?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
I took a look at speculations about when deliveries could occur and concluded that I waited much too long to put in my reservation. As a result, I believe it would be WELL into next year before I saw the car. I needed to move to a car that could carry our granddaughters in car seats (my Mustang convertible certainly was not going to do that in any reasonable fashion) so I will call and cancel my order Monday. I could not find a way to do it online.
Did you have a reservation or an order? You used both terms in different sentences. If you had an order that means you car will be made to your specificiations and has a spot in the production line. A reservation just saves you a spot to place an order. What is well into next year for you? My thoughts are most deliveries on the MME will be done for most models by May. My thinking on that is that the GT will be the last model on the production line for late summer delivery. Orders have not even been taken for the GT. I don't think any dealers have a good guess yet when the vehicles will be in the showrooms though Ford has stated late November or December. You may want to save making your decision on cancellation until early next year unless you need something quick. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I still have to make the call to cancel the order, I have already made the change. We now have a new Honda CR-V Touring in place of the Mustang. This is our eleventh Honda, so we know very well what kind of quality they produce. As of Monday we will have child car seats it both vehicles. Sorry Ford. We just could not wait that long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
based on the latest scuttlebutt we've seen from insiders, you better get your order in now. Apparently they've gotten much higher response than they expected
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I took a look at speculations about when deliveries could occur and concluded that I waited much too long to put in my reservation. As a result, I believe it would be WELL into next year before I saw the car. I needed to move to a car that could carry our granddaughters in car seats (my Mustang convertible certainly was not going to do that in any reasonable fashion) so I will call and cancel my order Monday. I could not find a way to do it online.
Why would you make the move before official release info? You would have gotten confirmation in a month or so.
 

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
Joined
·
689 Posts
Why would you make the move before official release info? You would have gotten confirmation in a month or so.
Agree, I'm waiting for a definitive date before I make any moves. I will say that It's my belief that Ford has been less than transparent on what is happening. They're still officially showing late 2020 but based on Forum posts that is for those who reserved in the first two to three weeks of the debut. I will state that I am definitely not accepting the vehicle if Ford breaks the 'Tax Credit' cut off unless there is a price drop comparable with the loss or reduction of the credit. I truly hope that that doesn't happen and based on EV PHEV sales by Ford in No. America it still looks good.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Agree, I'm waiting for a definitive date before I make any moves. I will say that It's my belief that Ford has been less than transparent on what is happening. They're still officially showing late 2020 but based on Forum posts that is for those who reserved in the first two to three weeks of the debut. I will state that I am definitely not accepting the vehicle if Ford breaks the 'Tax Credit' cut off unless there is a price drop comparable with the loss or reduction of the credit. I truly hope that that doesn't happen and based on EV PHEV sales by Ford in No. America it still looks good.
You shouldn’t have to worry, Ford’s $7,500 tax credit should be around into the middle of next year, and maybe even beyond. It all depends on how fast customers take delivery of the Mach-E.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tye

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I think he needed the car now, not sometime next year - as evidenced by the fact that he bought one yesterday
He needed a car sooner than he could figure on getting one. If you’re not a very early order, odds are you won’t get the car this year. After that you can sort of get a rough idea where you’re likely to be at. I know, for example, that I’m unlikely to see my MME until late in the 2nd quarter of 2021, possibly in the 3rd quarter (though not probable). In his case it was needed soon. Smart decision, for him.

2020 sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I think he needed the car now, not sometime next year - as evidenced by the fact that he bought one yesterday
There was never a time that certain MME models were releasing earlier than the last few months of the year. So the assumption is that at best, that's when he'd receive it. I interpreted that he bought the Honda because he had already made up his mind, about not waiting, not due to immediate need. I'm in the same boat as well though. I have a child and my car is on it's last legs, so I need to upgrade soon.

Like Summerlin, I'm waiting it out until I get a date. My initial Premium order number starts with 4 and my new FE order number starts with an 8. Outside of speculation on the board, to my knowledge, none of us knows where we are in line. If I'm told my wait will be until the summer, I'll have to cancel. My transmission wont last that long. We'll see how this goes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had already made up my mind not to wait because the need was urgent enough that waiting into next year was not acceptable. I'm still working on cancelling the Mach-E order, but expect to get that done today. We made the right move and the CR-V fills our need beautifully and at a much lower price than the Mach-E.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top