Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the original First Edition reservation for the Mach E, but found that Uncrate.com and Ford teamed up to launch more (Specifically the Grey w/Red Calipers) and I immediately signed up. I was contacted shortly after by the Ford "Drop" team to get some more information and was told that the closest dealer to me would reach out to confirm my reservation. (August 26)

I got a call from the local dealer, and they took my information, but no deposit, and it was clear they were still figuring out what the process was. (August 26)

I left it for about 3 weeks, then called back. My local dealer rep said they were still going through training, and that my car was still secure. I mentioned the deposit, but he said it wasn't necessary at the time. I then asked for the rep to email me with that information. No email came. No reservation number. No confirmation. (September 21)

I decided to call Ford today and figure out what the deal was, and confirm that I have a reservation. I was told that my local dealer marked my reservation as "No longer interested" as far back as September 13. Which means they marked me not interested, and then pretended that my order was still being worked on. My gut is telling me that they are using my reservation in order to have a First Edition on the lot, and then let the bidding commence.

Not only do I feel taken advantage of, I feel more ashamed that I didn't do more due diligence on my end before waiting so long. To be clear, Ford (the company) has been great, but the local dealer is looking more and more like a scumbag.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
I missed the original First Edition reservation for the Mach E, but found that Uncrate.com and Ford teamed up to launch more (Specifically the Grey w/Red Calipers) and I immediately signed up. I was contacted shortly after by the Ford "Drop" team to get some more information and was told that the closest dealer to me would reach out to confirm my reservation. (August 26)

I got a call from the local dealer, and they took my information, but no deposit, and it was clear they were still figuring out what the process was. (August 26)

I left it for about 3 weeks, then called back. My local dealer rep said they were still going through training, and that my car was still secure. I mentioned the deposit, but he said it wasn't necessary at the time. I then asked for the rep to email me with that information. No email came. No reservation number. No confirmation. (September 21)

I decided to call Ford today and figure out what the deal was, and confirm that I have a reservation. I was told that my local dealer marked my reservation as "No longer interested" as far back as September 13. Which means they marked me not interested, and then pretended that my order was still being worked on. My gut is telling me that they are using my reservation in order to have a First Edition on the lot, and then let the bidding commence.

Not only do I feel taken advantage of, I feel more ashamed that I didn't do more due diligence on my end before waiting so long. To be clear, Ford (the company) has been great, but the local dealer is looking more and more like a scumbag.
This is the worst.

Do you have email to back up your discussions with the dealer? Ford Customer Service should be able to force things right if you have some kind of documentation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the worst.

Do you have email to back up your discussions with the dealer? Ford Customer Service should be able to force things right if you have some kind of documentation.
Unfortunately, no. I had asked for an email from them to confirm my reservation, but I never got one. I'm truly hoping Ford Customer Service can help me out. I've got dates, and call records, but nothing solid like an email.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
929 Posts
Unfortunately, no. I had asked for an email from them to confirm my reservation, but I never got one. I'm truly hoping Ford Customer Service can help me out. I've got dates, and call records, but nothing solid like an email.
Did you send them any written communications? Even if they didn't respond it may be a record of your interest. The call log may also serve as a continued communication chain.
This is the worst example of lack of integrity on the part of the dealer that I've heard of so far. Contact any State/Local licensing agencies and the BBB.
Good Luck

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts

I have the posted the following on other threads:

"I have a confirmed order for a First Edition, Rapid Red, build date is December 7,2020. If Ford does not come out with a lease I will not convert my order into a sale.

If you are anyone else is interested in my First Edition please contact me. I live on Long Island NY"

FYI, the above post in two different threads has not produced a single, I repeat a single response. So far no one has asked for my FE.

I doubt your dealer wants a FE on his lot to sell - just my opinion.

·
Registered
92 Posts

"I have a confirmed order for a First Edition, Rapid Red, build date is December 7,2020. If Ford does not come out with a lease I will not convert my order into a sale.

If you are anyone else is interested in my First Edition please contact me. I live on Long Island NY"

FYI, the above post in two different threads has not produced a single, I repeat a single response. So far no one has asked for my FE.

You offered a car on a forum full of people who have already ordered one. Hardly definitive.

·
Registered
872 Posts
You offered a car on a forum full of people who have already ordered one. Hardly definitive.
There are many on this forum who posted they want the FE and others who do not want to wait until mid 2021 for a MME.

Certainly people on the forum know people who want a FE as well.

So far you are the FIRST and ONLY person to respond to my offer!

·
Registered
393 Posts

It might be because Ford is very likely to offer a (not as of yet announced) lease. Even if they don't, leases might be available from third party banks.

Further, orders are not transferable. I don't live in or near Long Island. But if I did, I don't think I'd be comfortable with the resale stuff with a stranger, for similar reasons that I typically prefer to sell cars to businesses (e.g. dealerships) and not privately.

Anyway, someone may be interested in your specific First Edition but I'm just saying the # of interested people will be far smaller than the number of people who are bummed that they missed out on the opportunity to order their own First Edition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a long conversation with Ford Customer Service which ended in, “you don’t have a reservation and all windows are closed”. I did however learn that a reservation cannot be transferred, so the potential of the dealership using my reservation for their own is a less likely probability.

I finally managed to talk to the rep from the local dealer and went over the whole prospect of a reservation. I’m now under the assumption that he cancelled my reservation because I said I wanted to test drive before I fully commit to purchasing the car. I did mention I still wanted to reserve the car. A test ride sounds like a pretty common concern to many of the users here, but I’d like to hear if any other users here had their request for a test ride be misunderstood as not going through the reservation process.

all this said, my sales rep said that he in under the impression that I did reserve through their dealership, and that the process as he knows it has been followed. I’m now leaning toward the possibility that it was just poor training on the reservation process.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I had a long conversation with Ford Customer Service which ended in, “you don’t have a reservation and all windows are closed”. I did however learn that a reservation cannot be transferred, so the potential of the dealership using my reservation for their own is a less likely probability.

I finally managed to talk to the rep from the local dealer and went over the whole prospect of a reservation. I’m now under the assumption that he cancelled my reservation because I said I wanted to test drive before I fully commit to purchasing the car. I did mention I still wanted to reserve the car. A test ride sounds like a pretty common concern to many of the users here, but I’d like to hear if any other users here had their request for a test ride be misunderstood as not going through the reservation process.

all this said, my sales rep said that he in under the impression that I did reserve through their dealership, and that the process as he knows it has been followed. I’m now leaning toward the possibility that it was just poor training on the reservation process.
That's a bad break not that you probably feel any better but at least the dealer didn't scam you. Good Luck on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It might be because Ford is very likely to offer a (not as of yet announced) lease. Even if they don't, leases might be available from third party banks.
I am totally not interested in a third party leases. They are usually reserved for those who have poor credit and cannot get a lease from the financial arm of the manufacturer and never competitive with the manufacturer's financial lease.

Further, orders are not transferable. I don't live in or near Long Island. But if I did, I don't think I'd be comfortable with the resale stuff with a stranger, for similar reasons that I typically prefer to sell cars to businesses (e.g. dealerships) and not privately.
I have not read anywhere where the orders are not transferrable and frankly I doubt the dealer cares who he sells the car to - as long as it is sold. I doubt the dealer wants a FE sitting around gathering dust on his lot

Anyway, someone may be interested in your specific First Edition but I'm just saying the # of interested people will be far smaller than the number of people who are bummed that they missed out on the opportunity to order their own First Edition.
Maybe I will start a thread about the potential availability of a Rapid Red First Edition with a build date of December 7!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts

Considering that you like the rest of us, have been waiting what often seems like an eternity don't lose hope you still have approximately 46 days before delivery for Ford Credit to change their financing criteria in New York State concerning the Mach E. No matter what Ford decides to do or not do good luck in whatever vehicle that you end up leasing. If you are still on the forum when I take delivery I'll be posting the details of what my dealer is saying will be a Ford Credit lease in Nevada in lieu of the Option Plan.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Considering that you like the rest of us, have been waiting what often seems like an eternity don't lose hope you still have approximately 46 days before delivery for Ford Credit to change their financing criteria in New York State concerning the Mach E. No matter what Ford decides to do or not do good luck in whatever vehicle that you end up leasing. If you are still on the forum when I take delivery I'll be posting the details of what my dealer is saying will be a Ford Credit lease in Nevada in lieu of the Option Plan.
Personally I think it will depend on demand.

Remember initially Tesla did not offer leases on the Model Y. That changed once Ford announced the MME.

But I am hopeful. The first build dates are middle of November and cars should be arriving at the dealerships middle of December. Ford should have financing/leasing details available beginning of December - about 2/3 weeks - certainly before the first cars actually arrive at the dealerships!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts