Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

We are going to be speaking with 2 representatives from Ford at the Canadian Internationl Auto Show on Thursday (February 13) in Toronto.

Akbar Sheikh - Vehicle Line Marketing Manager, Electric and Commercial Vehicles
Zoltan Racz - Chief Engineer, In-House Platform SW

If you have any questions for Mr. Sheikh and/or Mr. Racz send them below and we'll ask.

We can't guarantee answers but we'll do our best!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any details on the GT Performance option would be great... What does it cost, what's it include, timing, etc? My understanding is there's the GT trim, and the GT "Performance", which seems like an option/adder rather than a separate trim. But I can't find any details on it... different wheel & tire or color options? Magnetorheological dampers? More power?

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you have any questions for Mr. Sheikh and/or Mr. Racz send them below and we'll ask.
What is the estimated date the LG Chem battery plant in Poland will start shipping batteries for the Mach-E and what is the expected daily production from this plant?

Reactions: Petter

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
  • on production: Has the Coronavirus crisis impacted the planned production dates of the Mach E?
  • on design: Why did Ford choose not to have front LED fog lamps?
  • as for the charging: Are preferred rates for Mach E owners being negotiated?
  • <removed a question on 350kW charging, I just read a great explanation on another post>

·
Registered
561 Posts
Can you ask if Ford will give people who already placed orders a chance to test drive the Mach-E before theirs get delivered?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would be interested in knowing if reservation holders that ordered another trim will have an option to switch to a First Edition when ordering. I know First Edition is sold out, but I know there will be some who switch trims or cancel their preorder. How will that process work?

I believe in some other interview/Q&A said that there will be various option packages that can be added when ordering. Will there be additional options that were not shown on features comparison sheet?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some of the prototypes seen in US auto shows have had SAE J3068 Euro Port for charging, not the J1772 that almost everyone else has in the US. Can you confirm the MME will be equipped with the J1772 / CCS Combo 1 that is common in the US?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
About when will journalists start getting opportunities to review the vehicle? I tend to devour all the stories when the embargoes are lifted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you can get them to explain more about what kind of training they’re giving dealers on the Mach-E that would be incredibly helpful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please ask why the light colored interior is not available in European configurators and if there's any chance it will be available after all when finalizing the specs.

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
Some of the prototypes seen in US auto shows have had SAE J3068 Euro Port for charging, not the J1772 that almost everyone else has in the US. Can you confirm the MME will be equipped with the J1772 / CCS Combo 1 that is common in the US?

Thanks
Mark
In one of the many videos out there, they show the cover just below the J1772 port flips down to reveal the two-prong DC outlet. So yes, CCS1 config.

Photo:Ford

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone. Thanks for your questions. I'll start answering more of them soon, but I have some interesting Canadian-specific into to share first.

Essentially, there's no Mach-E GT in Canada. There will only be the Mach-E GT Performance. Akbar Sheikh wasn't 100% confident of this, but he said that he though the only difference between the GT and the GT Performance was some additional features and not the actual powertrain.

He said that Canada opted to just have the GT Performance as it's a smaller market. (I know Ford has done this in the past with cars like the Focus RS, where Canada only got the top level version, while several other versions were offered in the US).

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks
Mark
The Canadian and American Mach-E's will come with the J1772/CCS Combo 1 port for charging.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Question: Can you give more information on the charging network and how the car will interact with it?

Answer: We know that we need a national / North American solution so we’re leaning into networks that we can work with.

When you go into the Mustang Mach E with next gen sync it will show you where the next charging stations are.

We are working with Greenlots. We will have Greenlots as our key partner and use our own FordPass app and system. So the interface will be FordPass but in the background it will be Greenlots.

This vehicle also has dynamic range, so depending on the temperature and how much power you’re using it will dynamically tell you how much you’re using and if you’re using navigation it will tell you if you’re good to go. And if you’re planning a return trip it will also tell you (if you can reach your destination). And if you need to stop along the way it will tell you this is your last opportunity to charge and it will alert you to make sure you stop there.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts