Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Question: What if you still want to buy a First Edition model? If someone decides not to buy the one they’ve pre-ordered, how can we get one?

Answer: Ford has had dealers already reach out already with this very request from their customers.

Akbar advises to talk to your dealer and they will speak on your behalf. He said they don’t have a specific process set up for this. He did say he expects the conversion rate from reservation to actual purchase of First Edition models to be particularly high. In other words, there won’t be many Mach-E First Edition models that “free up.”

Question: When will dealerships have cars available to test drive?

Answer: “We will have vehicles (at dealerships) in November or December.” The issue, says Akbar, is that many of the vehicles are sold already and will be going immediately into customers’ hands. But they are hoping to be able to offer test drives then.

Question: Ford has said the Mach-E will have the capability to have over the air updates. What, specifically, will Ford be able to update on the vehicle?

Answer: Ford reps were very careful not to say too much, but Zotlan did say: “Updating driver assist capabilities. Updating the powertrain controller module. Updating your brakes for example. Updating the headlamp module.”

He wouldn’t clarify if that meant adding or taking away range. He did go on to give an example, noting that they could, potentially, improve the regenerative braking algorithms over time to make them more efficient, and then roll that out to all models. In theory, that would improve the car’s real world efficiency and range.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In one of the many videos out there, they show the cover just below the J1772 port flips down to reveal the two-prong DC outlet. So yes, CCS1 config.

Yes, I've seen this image as well. I also took the attached photo of the charging port on the prototype at the Washington Auto Show. That's why I'd like to have the question answered.

Photo:Ford

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mark, the top connector in your photo isn't J1772. It was just the European configuration (CCS2) being put on display at the DC auto show.

In North America, all Mustang Mach-E's will use the CCS1 configuration, which includes J1772 up top and the DC FC pins in the lower portion.

·
Registered
326 Posts
"We will have vehicles (at dealerships) in November or December.” The issue, says Akbar, is that many of the vehicles are sold already and will be going immediately into customers’ hands. But they are hoping to be able to offer test drives then.
Dang. Is this response specific to Canadian customers? I hope they'll be receiving test drive units months earlier than that. This response doesn't jive with U.S. dealership guidance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mark, the top connector in your photo isn't J1772. It was just the European configuration (CCS2) being put on display at the DC auto show.

In North America, all Mustang Mach-E's will use the CCS1 configuration, which includes J1772 up top and the DC FC pins in the lower portion.
Yes. I'm well aware that was a CCS2 (i.e., IEC 62196, Mennekes). My concern was seeing a CCS2 prototype at a major US auto show. Thus the reason I wanted the question answered by an expert from Ford.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Question: When will dealerships have cars available to test drive?

Answer: “We will have vehicles (at dealerships) in November or December.” The issue, says Akbar, is that many of the vehicles are sold already and will be going immediately into customers’ hands. But they are hoping to be able to offer test drives then.
Interesting. This implies we can't drive one before we buy. That's a serious bummer if it's true.

·
Registered
326 Posts
WTF? Not EA?
Greenlots is the service provider to Ford for the charging infrastructure information and payment processing pass-through. The actual charging location we customers will use is from EA or some other supported supplier. Greenlots is just an in between helping coordinate and unify the experience for us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting. This implies we can't drive one before we buy. That's a serious bummer if it's true.
Yes, so depending on how the dealers handle this (requiring non-refundable deposits, making things non-cancellable) this could seriously impact reservation conversion.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Greenlots is the service provider to Ford for the charging infrastructure information and payment processing pass-through. The actual charging location we customers will use is from EA or some other supported supplier. Greenlots is just an in between helping coordinate and unify the experience for us.
hmmm, ok. I downloaded their app since you can't see the charge locations on their website, and was thoroughly unimpressed. It looked like an undergrad wrote it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
hmmm, ok. I downloaded their app since you can't see the charge locations on their website, and was thoroughly unimpressed. It looked like an undergrad wrote it.
Ford's charging pass map on the web is also unimpressive. It might be getting data through Greenlots. Not sure. It definitely is getting some data from PlugShare, though. I updated a plugshare location and then my correction showed up on Ford's map.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I anticipate all the locations will also be viewable on Plugshare in short order. The Plugshare app is easy to use, with reliable filtering, and in my experience mostly does not miss stations listed on other networks. Download Plugshare and you'll be set no matter where you go. Just open one app and you'll find the nearest station.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I anticipate all the locations will also be viewable on Plugshare in short order. The Plugshare app is easy to use, with reliable filtering, and in my experience mostly does not miss stations listed on other networks. Download Plugshare and you'll be set no matter where you go. Just open one app and you'll find the nearest station.
Heard a lot of good about Plugshare. Plus i'm sure if someone was to reach prior to Mach-E's release they would probably mention the locations.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Dang. Is this response specific to Canadian customers? I hope they'll be receiving test drive units months earlier than that. This response doesn't jive with U.S. dealership guidance.
I believe this is specific to Canada. I read elsewhere (can't recall where now) that each US dealer would get at least 3 models to start, with one reserved for demos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The video walkthrough was interesting. This was the first I heard of cooled seats in the Mach e. It was good news to hear! Thanks for posting it. Going to the Toronto auto show tomorrow. Excited to see the car first hand. I have the FE on reserve. I had to put $3,000 down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The video walkthrough was interesting. This was the first I heard of cooled seats in the Mach e. It was good news to hear! Thanks for posting it. Going to the Toronto auto show tomorrow. Excited to see the car first hand. I have the FE on reserve. I had to put $3,000 down.
Which video and where was this referenced? I hope it’s not a Canada only feature!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are a couple of videos of our interview with Zoltan Racz.

The first one is of him giving us a demonstration of the SYNC 4 system in the Mach-E and the second video is with him talking to use about over-the-air updates.

Perhaps this works. Here is the video again. It was a few minutes in.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts