Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have put my $500 deposit down for the GT, but I only did so last week. I'm curious if that means I will pretty much automatically not get a car until 2022. Did reservations work on a first-come, first-serve basis based on your reservation timing for the normal MME? Or was it based on how quickly you got your order in? Basically I'm asking what sort of virtual "line" you've seen from other Ford reservations, in an attempt to predict what the GT-buying experience will be like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It seems like orders all opened at once, when it came to getting the car however there was no order. So you might get a fall 2021 model, you might get a fall 2022 really won't know

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
57 Posts
So I have put my $500 deposit down for the GT, but I only did so last week. I'm curious if that means I will pretty much automatically not get a car until 2022. Did reservations work on a first-come, first-serve basis based on your reservation timing for the normal MME? Or was it based on how quickly you got your order in? Basically I'm asking what sort of virtual "line" you've seen from other Ford reservations, in an attempt to predict what the GT-buying experience will be like.
From my perspective, the original Nov & Dec 2019 reservations converted to orders in June & July 2020 WERE scheduled in a rough reservation date order. My reservation was "late to the game" in late December, but I was one of the first to place my order. But my dealer had another order whose November reservation was converted almost a month after mine, but got scheduled/built/delivered almost a month before mine. (Identical cars to boot, same trim/battery/color/interior, down to the optional cargo liners, haha)

But CONGRATS on your GT reservation! Hopefully Ford has worked out the production snafus and quality checks for a more seamless timeline from order to delivery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my perspective, the original Nov & Dec 2019 reservations converted to orders in June & July 2020 WERE scheduled in a rough reservation date order. My reservation was "late to the game" in late December, but I was one of the first to place my order. But my dealer had another order whose November reservation was converted almost a month after mine, but got scheduled/built/delivered almost a month before mine. (Identical cars to boot, same trim/battery/color/interior, down to the optional cargo liners, haha)

But CONGRATS on your GT reservation! Hopefully Ford has worked out the production snafus and quality checks for a more seamless timeline from order to delivery.
When you say production snafus and quality checks - do you mean things that were caught at the factory or issues that were shipped to customers?

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
57 Posts
When you say production snafus and quality checks - do you mean things that were caught at the factory or issues that were shipped to customers?
From Covid shutdowns to subframe bolts, it seemed like forever and a day from start to finish, from reservation to delivery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I placed a deposit to reserve my premium model in January 2020. I placed the actual order on June 26, 2020 and was initially told that delivery was expected in the fall. My car was actually built on December 6th and delivered on February 6th.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
203 Posts
I made reservation in Nov 2019 when they first came out, but did not place order until Sept 2020, some 3 12 months after the ordering was possible for all in June. I'm not sure, but I think that priority is based on when you order rather than when you make reservation. The order placement may be more of a "sure thing" for Ford than a reservation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made reservation in Nov 2019 when they first came out, but did not place order until Sept 2020, some 3 12 months after the ordering was possible for all in June. I'm not sure, but I think that priority is based on when you order rather than when you make reservation. The order placement may be more of a "sure thing" for Ford than a reservation.
That was what I suspected. The data in this conversation seems to point that way for the most part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts