Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Premium Extended Battery, AWD
Infinite Blue

This will be my first Ford ownership experience. Have had a plug in prius before (awful), currently driving a RAV4 hybrid. I've been waiting for mass BEVs to break the 200 mile range mark for a while, since my commute is ~90 miles round trip and I will lose significant range in New England winters. very excited to get my hands on this next year!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Figure this out. I ordered a GT on 1-22-20 with reservation number 100354xx

I just reserved a second except this time a premium model on 1-26-20 reservation number 100345xx

So did close to 1,000 orders get cancelled between last week and this week? Also, since the GT is scheduled to start production later, shouldn't they have a different numbering scheme? Maybe we all place our actual orders at the same time but your production schedule will be different depending on the model you pick.

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just speculation but maybe as people cancel, Ford goes back and re-uses that reservation number. If that is the case, the reservation date is really what matters when we actually get to place our real orders.

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have reservation # 267XX made on 12/12/19 for the GT

Someone just posted an article saying that only 9100 have been reserved so far. Can't post link yet, but it was on website torque news.

As for our reservation numbers. I cant believe these numbers hold a place in line. Once ordering opens its gotta be a free for all if you have a reservation, and delivery will just depend on when you order and which model/configuration you choose.

·
Registered
120 Posts
...As for our reservation numbers. I cant believe these numbers hold a place in line. Once ordering opens its gotta be a free for all if you have a reservation, and delivery will just depend on when you order and which model/configuration you choose.
My guess is that the number itself is just an identifier; what matters more is the date/time you made the reservation (ie position on the list relative to others). My suspicion is that it will work similarly to a fantasy sports draft - the first group of X people get the opportunity to place their orders when ordering begins. The next group of X people will get to order at some interval thereafter, following that pattern until all on the list have been given the opportunity to order. The scheduling of when your particular car gets made will likely be based on the combination of when you actually placed your order (not when you were notified you could) and what model/trim you actually ordered. I clearly cannot say for certain, but I suspect that priority lists based on order date/time will be made for each trim, and then those lists will be interleaved into a single schedule. Continuing to speculate, I would suppose that all of the first editions will be at the beginning of the schedule, followed by the premium editions. Whether California Route 1 and Select trims will be interleaved into the schedule with Premium editions I can't say, but I suspect not.

I am basing these assumptions on the previously posted timeline sent to dealers and the info on the website:
  • the ordering happens in the spring
  • the actual scheduling will not happen until the summer
  • deliveries of first edition and premium begin in late 2020
  • deliveries of select and rt1 begin in early 2021
  • GT deliveries don't happen until the spring of 2021

·
Registered
231 Posts
So are we talking 9100 total Mach-E reservations of 9100 GTs? I suspect its the latter and that seems reasonable.

Ford sells over 70,000 Mustangs in the US alone each year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You’re GT is probably 16 months away. What makes you think that?😇
Red Wing Speed, Oh I totally realize if I stick the with the GT I'll be at the end of the line.

Maybe they do what timbop suggests with ordering windows, but coming from a tech side and knowing systems I doubt Ford invested any money to update an ordering system to allow for it to somehow sort by reservation #s to determine delivery dates. I'm not aware of Ford ever using a reservation process like this on another vehicle?

If the ordering process opened up on say June 1st. I walk into my dealer and said let's order up a Mach E how likely would they be instructed to turn me away based on my reservation #?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did a rough calculation from the small sample size of models identified with reservation # on my spreadsheet. Of 109 posts with the model identified 27(25%) are for GT's. Applying that 25% to the very rough number of total reservations(32,000) yields 8,000 GT reservations. The 9,100 number quoted on torque news is not unreasonable. Remember this is all based on a small sample size with a lot of assumptions.
The 9100 number was what touted as the total # reserved at this point. Not just GTs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So are we talking 9100 total Mach-E reservations of 9100 GTs? I suspect its the latter and that seems reasonable.

Ford sells over 70,000 Mustangs in the US alone each year.
According to the article, only 1500 limited edition and 9100 reservations total.. which seems light to me. It is also clear this guy's position on the E:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, my name is Sebastiaan and I am from the Netherlands. I've made a reservation today for an AWD which is called premium at your side of the ocean.... ;)

Nu reservation number is 32375

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Bob Nelson Thank you! I can't wait to drive this car.... my local dealer told me 1000 cars will ship to the Netherlands. Thanks for the information and i will follow the topics with a lot of fun

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Floris from the Netherlands here. Ordered on Monday 14th and got reservation number: 100355XX

@sebastian; strange that you reserved later then me but got a lower reservation number...
Maybe because I reserved the normal version (RWD / standard range?)

My dealer told me 750 cars only this year for the Netherlands... I hope your 1000 will be the truth and our reservations are part of it :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! I placed my reservation on 01/06/20 with reservation number 10031164. Lookign at my Ford profile, it's saying my pre-order date is 06/01/20, but I'm curious if that's actually the same as the reservation date with the month and day flipped.

81 - 100 of 147 Posts