Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Motor Co’s web site does not show the differences between the First Edition model and the Premium model clearly and definitively.
What are the differences? I have tried to find them elsewhere with no luck.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ford Motor Co’s web site does not show the differences between the First Edition model and the Premium model clearly and definitively.
They're very similar. First Edition only comes with AWD and the extended range battery. It has red painted brake calibers front and back, First Edition scuff plates, metal pedal covers, and contrast stitching on the seats.

Scroll way down this page for the "Tech Specs" which compares the trims: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Electric Vehicle | Media Kit | Ford.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is confusing is that the included items are not listed in a perfect arrangement and detail so that one can readily tell what the differences are? The Ford narrative states that the Premium model is more luxurious. This must mean it is due to the omission of items (scuff plates, metal pedal covers, contrast stitching on the seats) versus the inclusion of additional items.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That tech specs page hasn't been updated since early December. Hopefully, when the final specs are revealed in the next several months, Ford will make it possible for us to do a more careful and detailed comparison.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On this page: 2021 Ford® Mustang Mach-E SUV | All-Electric & Exhilarating

A little over half way down there is a "Compare Model Specs" Button/Drop Down that unhides all the table that you are looking for. But it doesn't go in to detail what the First Edition specific items are like what machhiaz-o linked to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had seen that comparison many weeks ago and due to some major differences between the First Edition and the Premium model, I commented that I was not sure all the differences are known or are displayed correctly.
Based on the Technical Specifications table, the First Edition does not have:
- LED Projector headlamps with Auto High Beam
- Ambient Lighting (multi-colored)
- B&O sound system, including 10 speakers

If this is true, I do not want a First Edition model. For this reason, I have ordered both a First Edition (Rapid Red Metallic Clear Coat) on that November Sunday night reveal date and a Premium Star White Metallic Tri-Coat) model in mid-December. This way I can be in a position to pick the one I want and to not go to the back of the line if the First Edition is missing the three items above.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had seen that comparison many weeks ago and due to some major differences between the First Edition and the Premium model, I commented that I was not sure all the differences are known or are displayed correctly.
Based on the Technical Specifications table, the First Edition does not have:
- LED Projector headlamps with Auto High Beam
- Ambient Lighting (multi-colored)
- B&O sound system, including 10 speakers

If this is true, I do not want a First Edition model. For this reason, I have ordered both a First Edition (Rapid Red Metallic Clear Coat) on that November Sunday night reveal date and a Premium Star White Metallic Tri-Coat) model in mid-December. This way I can be in a position to pick the one I want and to not go to the back of the line if the First Edition is missing the three items above.
I highly doubt the first edition doesn't have that stuff; more likely just the editor of the table missed them. Auto high beam is a standard part of the copilot 360 that all of the models have.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which leads me to my comment which started this thread? I would think 2 1/2 months and then some would be enough time for Ford to lock down this Technical Specifications table accurately and completely.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Which leads me to my comment which started this thread? I would think 2 1/2 months and then some would be enough time for Ford to lock down this Technical Specifications table accurately and completely.
100% agree. The lack of information is ... disappointiing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts