Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Edge Ti.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of a question that its answer might prove interesting, and perhaps even useful:What are you paying in your area for electricity per kWh? Include all charges reflected on your bill. (Distribution Service, Generation, Transmission, Fuel, Sales & use surcharge, taxes, and anything else you might be charged for on your bill. Also please include your general area in the US. Also, Does your utility offer a discount for EV's

For me in central Va = .13 per kWh

·
Registered
191 Posts
I live in SE Michigan and my utility (DTE) offers dynamic pricing depending on time of day. Here’s the breakdown for low peak (when I plan to charge).

Off peak $0.01218
Power supply $0.03576
Cost recovery $0.003220
Distribution $0.06611
Total $0.11727

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
244 Posts
Too many charges and fees to list. Supposedly $17.00/mo for service, 0.07/kWH for delivery. 0.027 for supply and 0.025 for “renewable source,” and 0.017 for ESRM (??), meaning my supply should cost 6.7 cents/kWH. All said it adds up to about 0.14/kWH plus $17 basic connection fee. Total bill is $95 for 543 kW.
I am a National Grid customer in Northern NY (Southern Canadia). Luckily I generate almost all my own power with a 94 kW solar array. Or I did. I am sure that adding the Mach-E means I’ll be buying more power this year. But it will still be better than buying gas.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
flat rate 0.057 cents per kwh here in GA. Since I'll be using a 120v charger, not going to bother with the off peak rate.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,591 Posts
.11cents kWh. 0800hrs. to 2200hrs then with the EV discount .047 kWh 2201 hrs. to 0800 hrs. and all weekend. Nevada Power

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Wow,
I'm glad you asked.
Because I'm vying for the highest rate across the U.S. (including Hawaii).
Lets give it a go shall we?

As of Feb. '21 our rate is:
SCHEDULE "D" - RESIDENTIAL - (added to customer base charge) ($10.58) - then $0.34119 per kWh

And we do get some credits for our PV Solar.
SCHEDULE "Q" MODIFIED - COGENERATORS as of 02-Feb-21 -Energy credit payment rate TO customers (per kWh) $0.10980 per kWh

Now for the bill, so after doing the math for say the months of last Aug. and Dec. '20.
Aug. 2020 was $44
Dec. 2020 was $181 (xmas lights, kids in visiting for a month = bill goes up)

What do I win?
Oh yeah I forgot, I live in Hawaii what am I complaining about?

Joe surfdog A.

Reactions: Jim Seay

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Wow,
I'm glad you asked.
Because I'm vying for the highest rate across the U.S. (including Hawaii).
Lets give it a go shall we?

As of Feb. '21 our rate is:
SCHEDULE "D" - RESIDENTIAL - (added to customer base charge) ($10.58) - then $0.34119 per kWh

What do I win?

Joe surfdog A.
$0.34! Do you live on an island?

·
Registered
54 Posts
$0.34! Do you live on an island?
Uh huh.
Hawaii is a chain of 7 islands away from any continental land mass by at least 2500 miles in any direction.
Can you dig it?
JSDA

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Uh huh.
Hawaii is a chain of 7 islands away from any continental land mass by at least 2500 miles in any direction.
Can you dig it?
JSDA
Wait a minute @Surfdog , during the summer in Las Vegas from 1300 hrs. to 1900 hrs. the rate is .43 cents per kWh. I think may be "The Desert Rat" wins? loses?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Uh huh.
Can you dig it?
JSDA
Your post said you were vying for the highest rate (including Hawaii) which I interpreted to mean your rates were higher than Hawaii... not that you lived there. Thanks for the super fun sarcasm 🙄.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Uh huh.
Can you dig it?
Nevada is a land mass on the CONUS (Continental USA) where 80+% of the State is controlled by our illustrious "representatives" in DC and 'Once upon a Time' they decided that it was a 'good idea' to set off nuclear explosions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bob, you're saying $.43 kWh for 25% of the day, that tops my rate,
But what happens for the rest of the day? Its funny... you're paying more in the summer and I'm paying more in the winter.
I guess you're chalking that up to your climate and A/C load.
Our rate is flat though out the day and all year. We actually don't use much A/C (I don't have one) here in Hawaii (Kauai).
Mother Nature's A/C are the Trade Winds.
They are around 80 -85% of the year and keep us cool. Your house must be built to take advantage of those North East breezes though.
In the winter like right now, we're glad we have a gas fireplace. If it drops below 70 degrees and its raining its down right chilling. (spoiled)
jdog
Surfdog's 1965 Falcon Futura

·
Registered
26 Posts
flat rate 0.057 cents per kwh here in GA. Since I'll be using a 120v charger, not going to bother with the off peak rate.
Ha ha, I always thought that Quebec had the lowest rate at an average of 0.073$ With all our hydro electricity ...GA is even cheaper. 😕

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought of a question that its answer might prove interesting, and perhaps even useful:What are you paying in your area for electricity per kWh? Include all charges reflected on your bill. (Distribution Service, Generation, Transmission, Fuel, Sales & use surcharge, taxes, and anything else you might be charged for on your bill. Also please include your general area in the US. Also, Does your utility offer a discount for EV's

For me in central Va = .13 per kWh
Western NC my utility has a special EV time of day rate. From 10P to 6A it's 5 cents per KWH

·
Super Moderator
2,983 Posts
PSE&G rates in last month in NJ:
(RS) Residential Service
Avg $0.0444 delivery, $0.130 supply=
$0.174 per kWh.

·
Registered
385 Posts
$0.34119 per kWh
That's what I was paying for Tesla, Electrify America and EVgo charging prior to getting a home charger. It saved me about $500 a year vs. the gasoline for the Subaru. Now I'll save more like $1k on fuel costs a year.

Going solar would seem the smart move in Hawaii if one owns a home. Free power.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Bob, you're saying $.43 kWh for 25% of the day, that tops my rate,
But what happens for the rest of the day? Its funny... you're paying more in the summer and I'm paying more in the winter.
I guess you're chalking that up to your climate and A/C load.
Our rate is flat though out the day and all year. We actually don't use much A/C (I don't have one) here in Hawaii (Kauai).
Mother Nature's A/C are the Trade Winds.
They are around 80 -85% of the year and keep us cool. Your house must be built to take advantage of those North East breezes though.
In the winter like right now, we're glad we have a gas fireplace. If it drops below 70 degrees and its raining its down right chilling. (spoiled)
jdog
Surfdog's 1965 Falcon Futura
The summer rate from 1900 to 2200 is .11 kWh then the EV rate .047 until 0800 and back to .11 0801 to 1300hrs. The rest of the year it's .11 & .047 kWh
I used to travel to Hawaii on business many moons ago. When the Trade Winds were blowing I never accomplished much other than drinking at the Royal Hawaiian and eating Japanese at the Princess Kapiolani by Diamond Head. Made it to the volcano on the Big Island.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts