Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVED seeing those early design slides.

Frankly, it seemed really honest and interesting. Not some corporate pitch. Interesting to learn more about the process of how a car like this comes to be.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think the early design slides were the only new (though "old") information that was presented.

But it was still fantastic for them to spend some time with us. I hope they'll do this again from time to time, and also solicit critical feedback.
I was hoping they were going to do a deeper dive into the MME's design. If another livestream happens it would be great if we can get some technical insight. Haven't seen enough of that and it will become especially important as deliveries happen.
Still very pleased with today's presentation, don't think I've seen automakers engaging with the community like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was a little disappointed with the answer that demo cars will be at dealerships "by the end of the year." I think they succeeded in building brand loyalty and interest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I appreciated seeing some new information on what led to the current design, but other than that there wasn't much new information. Even the answers to questions pretty much told us what we've already learned (or guessed) from these forums.

I'd definitely be interested in another, but would like to see either new information or make it a "ask me anything" -- take a bunch of questions the week before then just spend time answering what we really want to know.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
77 Posts
Not a lot of new information but I loved the concept to design overview. Hope they do another!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in another, but would like to see either new information or make it a "ask me anything" -- take a bunch of questions the week before then just spend time answering what we really want to know.
Haha, yes -- I sent Bodhi a note saying that we'd like to participate in AMAs with Ford engineers and designers any time they'd like to make them available.

The folks on this call are VERY high up the chain. We'd get better info on low level design choices and maintenance, etc from the individual contributors that these folks were leading.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It was interesting to hear some of the behind the scenes info. The presentation had a lot of marketing fluff to it, but it was still a really good presentation and I'm impressed by Ford.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I hope they were pleased with us and will hold more livestreams. I'd love to hear from the battery engineering team, for example

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
I was blown away by the enthusiasm that the two, very high end presenters had. You could tell there was a passion in what they were doing. It was great of them to take the time to present to us. Great PR!

Most of what they presented I think most of us knew.

For example on the Ford Option, I think it was Mark, who described it. Unfortunately what he did not go into was the balloon payment, will it be 44% as indicated when we converted from reservation to orders/ Just telling us it would be what we in the "Northeast" want is not informative.

What I would have liked to have heard is how Ford feels that the MachE is superior to the competition especially the Tesla Model Y.

I think everyone on these forums, myself included, thinks the design team did an "out of the ball park job". Similarly, Italian cars are design masterpieces. But beautiful design only goes so far and we know how Fiats and Alfa's sell in the United States - they don't.

So I would have liked the Ford people to talk about features to features with the Model Y to convince me that the MachE is worth the extra money over the Model Y.

Again as always, just my $.02

·
Registered
25 Posts
As I suspected, the door handle design was because some engineers thought they looked cool. I'll keep an open mind until I actually use them, but "looks cool" almost always loses out to "works well".

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
212 Posts
I really enjoyed it an hope that they do more. Insight into the design process was really interesting.

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
212 Posts
I was a little disappointed with the answer that demo cars will be at dealerships "by the end of the year." I think they succeeded in building brand loyalty and interest.
Yeah, that one was a BS non-answer. The other guys enthusiasm was evident.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,009 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This was a great opportunity to really hear from the designers' hearts. To be able to get an hour with the top design leaders of the vehicles was truly awesome. This really allowed us to hear about the WHY behind the design rather than just the what.

Agreed, we didn't get a lot of new intel. It would be great if we could have more of these discussions with the MME team, especially Team Edison and really target our questions to the teams.

An AMA is a great idea as we could hit lots of issues, especially if they can get us a deep bench to answer questions.

All I can say was it was a great opportunity and I'd love to do it again.

OK, one more thing: my wife saw it on my calendar and asked if she could join in. She loved the design discussion much more than she would have a technical talk. That was worth it right there!

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
Excellent design development session, Seeing the thought process that resulted in the final design was intriguing.

I would love to see future, more technical sessions on:
  • Sync 4a,
  • Co-Pilot tech
  • motor and electronics engineering

·
Registered
28 Posts
I really appreciated the "Top of the Food Chain" taking time out of their day to do this. Interesting insight of the thought process & how it went from idea to production & the challenges associated with each step. Would love to do more of these. I like the idea of submitting questions from a bank of questions to the next group on specifics to a degree.

I know were gonna have tech geeks that want to drill down to the nano degree of the battery parameters, torque of the motor, & electrons speed in the electronics ... but is that really needed. And frankly some of that should be proprietary & not released to the general public ... at least not now. After all, Tesla, Audi, VW, & others are building their own & I'm sure they would love to take advantage of the intel.

I would like to see video use of the 2 displays even though I know their going through last minute tweaks & updates even until the car drives off the carrier at the dealer. I would really like to see that 6'5" engineer get in the back seat as they describe today. I'm 6'1" and I'm looking for room side to side & in the back seat for a buddy of mine who is 6'5". I would like to see video of the Sync 4a & the copilot tech actually in use ... you know button smashing of the different systems. If they could do weekly 45-60 minute in length video tutorials of the different systems it would be VERY educational coming directly from the people who design the thing instead of the "Salesman" who went to a online FORD Class & actually sat in the dealer demo for all of 5 minutes to try and teach me how to button smash the different aspects of the programs, screens & tech.

I think that would go a long way of customer education satisfaction & make it even more exciting waiting for our Mach e. Your asking us to put down $500 for something that isn't even built yet, the demo Mach e won't even be in some dealers until sometime in December at which point some of us will already have ours & stumbling through the screens, the tech, & getting frustrated & second guessing our $50k plus purchase.

Just my two cents. Thanks again for all who made this possible & I hope continues into the future with some of the ideas shared among all of us today.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts