Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford released official specs and more info on the new Transit EV this morning, along with a picture posing with a Mach-E. How much of the Mach-E tech is in the Transit?

Apparently the battery cells are the same as the Mach-E.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Delivery vans like this are a great use for BEVs. Mostly used around town and within range, plus losing all the components of an ICE vehicle can lower the load floor and make more useable space.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's priced $10k over a regular ICE Ford Transit, a margin I think most business owners won't mind at all especially when factoring the long-term benefits.
It's a no brainer. In fact, fleets should be a priority.... and if we ever get beak to in person classes, school buses.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,131 Posts
I think they hit the majority of the market with the range. However, there are some businesses with longer-distance needs and I would like to see a Transit with twice that range for the RV market.

·
Super Moderator
1,447 Posts
I think they hit the majority of the market with the range. However, there are some businesses with longer-distance needs and I would like to see a Transit with twice that range for the RV market.
I do expect there will be long-range versions coming out that sacrifice a little of the cargo space. Commercial sector and air travel are the biggest green-house contributors. Thats why I am glad all of these Semi options are coming to market.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think these are edge cases, just like the people who have commutes longer than whatever the current longest-range BEV's range is. According to the US DoE the average work van travels 46 miles a day.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,131 Posts
I think these are edge cases, just like the people who have commutes longer than whatever the current longest-range BEV's range is. According to the US DoE the average work van travels 46 miles a day.
I agree the businesses with longer-distance needs are fringe. However, a major market for vans has been the RV community. They tend to drive long distances and will need longer range. Ford will have to address range for the eTransit to be competitive in the RV market.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree the businesses with longer-distance needs are fringe. However, a major market for vans has been the RV community. They tend to drive long distances and will need longer range. Ford will have to address range for the eTransit to be competitive in the RV market.
Absolutely true, I missed the RV bit. You'd have to pack a pretty big battery into something to handle that so maybe it's a next-gen battery goal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts