"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
This is going to be quite a list. Here are my biggest ones to get started:
Frunk
Propulsion sound
Folding mirrors
Low button on shift dial
Games
Interior motion sensor/alarm
Wireless phone charger (would be fine if it actually charged at a useful speed)
Any drive modes (should all just be the settings for unbridled)

Super Moderator
I find most features quite useful, so here鈥檚 my short list of things I find useless.

• The propulsion sound. TG we can shut this off.
  • The charging screen. Is missing so much relevant information about a charging sessions. There should be a more advanced screen with charging rate, temps, usage graphs, etc.
  • The max defrost switch near the lighting controls. Max defrost is always available on the main UI, so its redundant. This should be traction-control on/off on regular MMe, like the GTs have.

Registered
"Shadowfax" 2021 Star White Select AWD
  • The max defrost switch near the lighting controls. Max defrost is always available on the main UI, so its redundant. This should be traction-control on/off on regular MMe, like the GTs have.
My theory is that this switch is for convenience so you can fire up the defroster without getting in the car and tracking a bunch of snow in, actually seems like a pretty good idea. I've never needed to use it though.

Registered
I love the frunk, even more so now that I can actually open it without yanking on the lever in the car.

My responses are similar to others:
Propulsion sound is useless - can't even hear it.
Phone charging, absolutely useless with my iPhone 13 Pro (camera bulge), barely useful with my wife's iPhone 12 mini. (Yes, I have had the update applied). Would be useful if it worked.
Games, YouTube, etc - I don't charge at fast chargers so YMMV and I won't buy the streaming service. I guess keeping up with Tesla.
Alexa - remains to be seen if this will be useful (she tells better jokes than Siri)

Registered
Agree with propulsion sound and the "low gear". Also the animated graphic in the instrument cluster that looks like random waves.

I've tried BlueCruise but haven't found it useful yet.

Top for me though is the pushbutton door opening mechanism. Not sure if that counts as a "useless" feature, because I obviously use it at least once per trip. But it's a useless advance in technology compared to a simple door handle you can just pull open. (I'm sure it's aerodynamic, but so is Tesla's.)

Registered
Top for me though is the pushbutton door opening mechanism. Not sure if that counts as a "useless" feature, because I obviously use it at least once per trip. But it's a useless advance in technology compared to a simple door handle you can just pull open. (I'm sure it's aerodynamic, but so is Tesla's.)
Disagree on the pushbutton door mechanism. That's one of the features that works as designed. Yes, there is a small aero gain and why give that up?

Registered
The frunk is surprisingly useless. I have a 4/2021 build, so I can only open it in the same manner as popping the hood on a 1980's Oldsmobile. Ford has not updated the frunk button in my car, and PAAK won't connect (I guess that makes the PAAK useless too).

Registered
All good dislikes as far as I'm concerned...the alerts on my fordpass everytime I open my car with the key fob in my hand is annoying. I won't reap the benefits of the automatic frunk opener unfortunately due to the year my mme was manufactured 馃槙

Registered
Agree with propulsion sound and the "low gear". Also the animated graphic in the instrument cluster that looks like random waves.

I've tried BlueCruise but haven't found it useful yet.

I find that the pushbutton is useful. Sometimes I leave my phone in the car, and rather going back into the house, I use the buttons to open the door and retrieve my phone.
Also I have the garage door programmed and I can access it by using the door buttons.

Registered
I love the frunk, even more so now that I can actually open it without yanking on the lever in the car.

My responses are similar to others:
Propulsion sound is useless - can't even hear it.
Phone charging, absolutely useless with my iPhone 13 Pro (camera bulge), barely useful with my wife's iPhone 12 mini. (Yes, I have had the update applied). Would be useful if it worked.
Games, YouTube, etc - I don't charge at fast chargers so YMMV and I won't buy the streaming service. I guess keeping up with Tesla.
Alexa - remains to be seen if this will be useful (she tells better jokes than Siri)
How did you go from needing the frunk release to NOT? I have a 2021, and I've lost track of how that transition would take place or if my vehicle is even eligible? 2nd key fob too, totally lost track of this stuff...but LOVE the car!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts