Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
I love the frunk, even more so now that I can actually open it without yanking on the lever in the car.

My responses are similar to others:
Propulsion sound is useless - can't even hear it.
Phone charging, absolutely useless with my iPhone 13 Pro (camera bulge), barely useful with my wife's iPhone 12 mini. (Yes, I have had the update applied). Would be useful if it worked.
Games, YouTube, etc - I don't charge at fast chargers so YMMV and I won't buy the streaming service. I guess keeping up with Tesla.
Alexa - remains to be seen if this will be useful (she tells better jokes than Siri)

· Registered
42 Posts
How did you go from needing the frunk release to NOT? I have a 2021, and I've lost track of how that transition would take place or if my vehicle is even eligible? 2nd key fob too, totally lost track of this stuff...but LOVE the car!!
My car is a Job 1, 2021 Premium. There is an update for the BCM (Body Control Modules) that enables the remote latch - there may have been another module that was updated earlier - GFM? The dealer updated these when my car was in for something else in September. Note that all cars have the hardware because it's the same mechanism used for emergency frunk open if the battery dies.

Once that update was applied, the doorpost keycode followed by holding the 7-8 button will pop the frunk. The button in the frunk is active as well, but not sure how one would ever use it (a warning message displays on the screen if you do push it). The next thing was to enable the frunk open button in the Access screen. That required using FORscan (Extended edition). There is another update which I haven't gotten, and not OTA yet, which might do the same thing. The only thing missing for me is the frunk button in FordPass. I'm sure someday it will come. I don't use the FOBs, but I heard you could buy a Lighting FOB which has the extra button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts