Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford had been accumulating a lot of pre-orders for the Mustang Mach-E and even with 50,000 reservations reached, they still haven't provided anyone, not even reservation holders, with much information.

You'd expect Ford dealerships to be in the loop, but like us, they're shut out too. At most its been a brief phone call shortly after ordering. I expected more insight, follow up, etc. So far, the 3rd-4th week of May seems to be when things might ramp up.

I'm curious to know what information everyone here is getting.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
Not a word since November when I reserved other than emails urging me to come in for their sales they are running on ICE cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Been silent, all the dealer says is they are waiting for Ford’s go signal.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
Thought Ford originally said Mach E options, etc.details would be available in the first quarter. While "locked down", it would have been nice to review options and continue to dream. Oh well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I work for a Ford Dealer and ordered mine shortly after they were available. I haven't been able to get much information on pricing, delivering or even putting the first orders in the system. The only advantage I've had is Ford has an online "source book" that does give a lot of information on the Mach E. Servicing wise we were not a Energy or Electric dealer before so we had to get training for both the Aviator Grand touring (Plug in Hybrid) and the upcoming Mach E. I know that other than training dealers have to purchase special equipment like a specialized hoist to lift the Mach E and be able to drop the battery. I do know it's thousands of dollars of investment for the dealers an COVD-19 is not helping the process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard from my dealer in Virginia that they expect the Mach-E to be on track for late fall/winter delivery, even with the COVID-19. He said that they weren't even planning to start manufacturing them until June. We'll see..... I put down a deposit back in November 2019 for the Premium edition. I'm still torn between the Ford and Tesla Model Y...although, I'm leaning towards Mustang.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I heard from my dealer in Virginia that they expect the Mach-E to be on track for late fall/winter delivery, even with the COVID-19. He said that they weren't even planning to start manufacturing them until June. We'll see..... I put down a deposit back in November 2019 for the Premium edition. I'm still torn between the Ford and Tesla Model Y...although, I'm leaning towards Mustang.
I've something similar. Hopefully we've seen the worse from COVID-19 and things slowly start to turn around.

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
My Ford dealer just called, i have to convert my reservation into a non refundable definive order before May 8, thats the enddate according to Ford Netherlands for our reservation.

I am not happy with this news, start of production no earlier than July, so why the rush, and absolutely no test drive possible before delivery.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My Ford dealer just called, i have to convert my reservation into a non refundable definive order before May 8, thats the enddate according to Ford Netherlands for our reservation.

I am not happy with this news, start of production no earlier than July, so why the rush, and absolutely no test drive possible before delivery.
That doesn't make sense, especially since Ford is working on setting up test drives right now.

According to Mark Kaufman, Mach-E's global director of marketing distribution, he said in about “three to four weeks,” Ford will finalize the date in summer 2020 when reservations will be converted to orders.

·
Registered
562 Posts

Hmm, that sounds like strongarm tactics from your dealer. as electric pony said, Ford hasn't set a date to pick the date yet, so May 8 is way early

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
Remember that Ford is handling purchasing differently in different countries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mijn dealer hier in Nederland heeft vandaag contact met mij opgenomen met de vraag of ik mijn reserveringsspecificaties wil wijzigen. Hij vertelde me dat de gegevens deze week of volgende week naar de factory worden gestuurd. Misschien hebben we hier in Nederland een andere tijdlijn? (Europa)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mag ik vragen welke dealer? Tot nu toe 1 x gebeld direct na de reservering maar verder niets gehoord.

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
Ford dealer Schurer-Kamphuis has called me 2 times in de last couple of weeks and has given me the may 7 date as deadline.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Ford Marketing and Sales (through their dealers) needs to start throwing bones to their reservationist. Like brochures, or periodic news letters, interactive web site sponsored by Ford, or an interactive computer program that highlights the new functions of the 15.5 inch display. Hell, it took me better than a month to figure out all the options in my wife's 2019 Miata 'smart' display. If not they'll start losing potential buyers.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I had not heard from my dealer so I stopped by. I was greeted with, "Oh, so you're the ONE" after introducing myself. I was their first Mach-E reservationist. It's a small dealership. Sales manager said they were doing Mach-E training, installing the necessary equipment through April. Had not heard from Ford on any production dates.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ford dealer Schurer-Kamphuis has called me 2 times in de last couple of weeks and has given me the may 7 date as deadline.
Do you mean May 7th to put in your order?
I recall reading that in Norway it was pushed back to June.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Do you mean May 7th to put in your order?
I recall reading that in Norway it was pushed back to June.
Yup Ford Norway was emailing people saying that the order bank was being delayed until June/July.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts