Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp I was able to order my vehicle last week (Thursday) and received an order #G001. I have no earthly idea what that means, but I am curious if anyone else has their order number and if anyone has insight on first delivery dates? Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welp I was able to order my vehicle last week (Thursday) and received an order #G001. I have no earthly idea what that means, but I am curious if anyone else has their order number and if anyone has insight on first delivery dates? Thanks.
I'm wondering if your order went in as new, as opposed to a reservation conversion. When did you reserve?

·
Registered
361 Posts
From looking at orders posted to the other forum, what you're saying is a dealer specific order id. I don't know what the first letter means, but the 001 suggests you have the first order of that type of that model at that dealership.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@gdgills this the original order tracking sheet that also includes early reservations:

Other details can be shared here too (ex. screen capture of your email confirmation):

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
I’ve forgotten, what did you order? First Editions and rally reservations on Premiums that folks convert early should hopefully arrive in the 4th quarter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This order number is only used by your particular chosen dealer. It has nothing to do with your reservation number or manufacturer order number. The dealer would use this number to look up and reference your order. Did the dealership give this number to you?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This order number is only used by your particular chosen dealer. It has nothing to do with your reservation number or manufacturer order number. The dealer would use this number to look up and reference your order. Did the dealership give this number to you?
I don't believe so that number came from an email from Ford directly. I can still go in and order my Mach-e which I may do and take whichever gets here first lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My order number is M676.
Can other people share theirs to compare and see if they make any sens. There seems to be no direct link to reservation number which is all numbers.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
My order number is M676.
Can other people share theirs to compare and see if they make any sens. There seems to be no direct link to reservation number which is all numbers.
I believe there is more to your order number, including the dealer identifier and the trim level identifier. So we may no longer be able to compare to other orders for sequence.

Your place in line is more likely determined by your order date, and if you had a reservation or not (in markets with reservations). Also, availability of trim material/component may come into play.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe there is more to your order number, including the dealer identifier and the trim level identifier. So we may no longer be able to compare to other orders for sequence.

Your place in line is more likely determined by your order date, and if you had a reservation or not (in markets with reservations). Also, availability of trim material/component may come into play.
i ordered my FE 5 minutes after the window opened in November. Actually I was on line at the same time as the dealership. We were on speaker phone together. They placed it for me so that first I did not screw it up and second we thought doing it this way would put me ahead of the crowd. So now we wait and see.

with ZERO to base it on my gut says that FE is the first factor and reservation date is the next factor in determining who gets theirs first.IFFFFF I am right then I should be at the top of the list.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
i ordered my FE 5 minutes after the window opened in November. Actually I was on line at the same time as the dealership. We were on speaker phone together. They placed it for me so that first I did not screw it up and second we thought doing it this way would put me ahead of the crowd. So now we wait and see.

with ZERO to base it on my gut says that FE is the first factor and reservation date is the next factor in determining who gets theirs first.IFFFFF I am right then I should be at the top of the list.
Yes, i also assume all confirmed FE orders are ‘First’. :)

However, things to consider ( and maybe someone who works/worked Ford lines can speak to) which part of the line process is most cost-effective? Is it the final stages of assembly, keeping all the do-dads the same? Or is it the paint process, painting all of the same body-colors together?

If keeping the trim finishing together, then FEs will definitely come off the line first.

If it’s the paint color, then it may be a mix as to the order they come off the line.

Either way, all FE should be in the First production run starting end-September.

Any Ford auto-workers here?

·
Registered
45 Posts

The whole number is M676-K1S, and I know that K1S is Select AWD. I was hoping that M676 is some kind of order sequence. Another member here posted M508 so seemed liked it could make sens.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
The whole number is M676-K1S, and I know that K1S is Select AWD. I was hoping that M676 is some kind of order sequence. Another member here posted M508 so seemed liked it could make sens.
Could be, but there is an earlier post in a different thread involving two orders by the same person about a week apart. The second order has a lower number than the first (and also is only two digits, ending in a ‘c’, eg. M63c). Both were for the same trim level.

a bit confusing.

other post here: Order Placed - Thrills ahead

1 - 17 of 17 Posts