Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been discussed in some form or another on other threads but I wanted to try and bring this together in one thread.

For anyone that's not completely sold on the Mach-E, what other SUVs (electric, hybrid, or gas) are you considering? If you're 100% in on the Mach-E, which other SUVs did you consider before making your decision. For me I considered the e-tron and Model Y (that one didn't last long) for other EVs and I considered the new Escape as my gas option.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
There really wasn’t much offered in the US when I made the reservation. There is the Mach-E, then the Model-Y came along (like you, a short consideration). e-tron and i-pace were just too expensive.

Recently, we have the ID.4. If not for the user-interface and capacitive controls, I would be considering it despite the generic looks.

If my build-date and delivery take too long, there will be a bunch of new vehicles in the mix.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There really wasn’t much offered in the US when I made the reservation. There is the Mach-E, then the Model-Y came along (like you, a short consideration). e-tron and i-pace were just too expensive.

Recently, we have the ID.4. If not for the user-interface and capacitive controls, I would be considering it despite the generic looks.

If my build-date and delivery take too long, there will be a bunch of new vehicles in the mix.
I've been looking at the ID.4 as well. I think I can get used to the UI but it's definitely not ideal.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was originally waiting for the Ford Escape PHEV to use as a daily. Was hoping to test drive one soon just to see what its like, even though I'm going with the Mach-E. Turns out its delayed till next year:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am seriously considering the Jaguar I-Pace and cancelling the “almost” FE that I ordered in the MachDrop. My Jag dealer has some new cars that have been reduced between $15,000 and $20,000! I would definitely get the $7,500 Fed tax credit this year ...

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
914 Posts
I was considering the Polestar 2 however I am very disappointed in the EPA number and unless my 2021 Mach E delivery ends up very close to the 2022 vehicles debuting I intend to stay with Ford.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was considering the Polestar 2 however I am very disappointed in the EPA number and unless my 2021 Mach E delivery ends up very close to the 2022 vehicles debuting I intend to stay with Ford.
At one point I was going look at the Polestar 2 but not now with the recalls...

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has been discussed in some form or another on other threads but I wanted to try and bring this together in one thread.

For anyone that's not completely sold on the Mach-E, what other SUVs (electric, hybrid, or gas) are you considering? If you're 100% in on the Mach-E, which other SUVs did you consider before making your decision. For me I considered the e-tron and Model Y (that one didn't last long) for other EVs and I considered the new Escape as my gas option.
I would have purchased a 64kw Soul if they had come to America. As they never did, I ordered the Mach-E

·
Registered
1 Posts
I considered the I-Pace and Model Y as an alternative.

... but after the latest GT delay and reconsidering my post COVID vehicle need, I dropped my Mach-e GT reservation and got a brand new Model X last week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was sold on the BMW X3 30e PHEV. Its only 20 miles on the electric only mode, but the tech features, the look an luxury inside the vehicle is top of the line. The only thing worrisome to me was the maintenance costs. BMW ive heard doesnt have the best record and its $$$ to repair. Once i found out the Mach E was still available to order, and found it has most of the tech offered by the BMW, Ive changed my mind. Im seeing a Mach E in person wednesday.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
88 Posts
I'm really not considering an SUV - I want the Mach-E because of what it looks like and the attribute it offers. The fact that it is an SUV is completely irrelevant to me.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
914 Posts
I was sold on the BMW X3 30e PHEV. Its only 20 miles on the electric only mode, but the tech features, the look an luxury inside the vehicle is top of the line. The only thing worrisome to me was the maintenance costs. BMW ive heard doesnt have the best record and its $$$ to repair. Once i found out the Mach E was still available to order, and found it has most of the tech offered by the BMW, Ive changed my mind. Im seeing a Mach E in person wednesday.
Simple rule of thumb never keep a 'luxury' car past the warranty unless you want to 'bleed money'. 🤑

1 - 12 of 12 Posts