Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So once the Mach-E is finally in our hands, we know the F-150 EV is coming and there's also the Transit EV too.

So what do you think Ford should roll out next as an EV?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thunderbird E or some sort of a roadster.

A full size SUV with 500+ mile range.

A Mustang GT E at this point would make the ICE Mustangs look silly. They do need to protect their revenues.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
An electric Bronco would put Ford ahead of Jeep in offering an electric off-roader. Plus they'd be capitalizing on the hype already created by the Bronco.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Actually... after some thought. I think Ford should do a Electric Mustang Coupe/Convertible/Fastback with the original 1964.5 concept. Old guys like me will recall that the original Mustang was introduced as an upscale economy car and transitioned to a muscle car in latter years.

So... how about a basic but really fun Mustang that doesn't threaten any of the GT or higher ICE trims? A RWD, ~$35K car with sub 5 0-60 times and tight handling which basically kill off the Hot Hatch, Miata... segment?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love the feel of driving a BMW. I've been told that "feel" is the result of BMW using a welded body frame. No nuts and bolts. IF that is true, I'd love to have a Mach-e GT with a welded body.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Let's have Ford focus on getting the MME out the doors in a timely manner and leave the rest alone.
MFG and Dev work closely together but are separate teams. So the guys who are building the MME to get it out the door are not the guys that are working on the next generation of products. The question is... how much of the development budget is going towards BEVs at Ford. Basically... the most important product to Ford is and will be the F150 for a while. if anything.... you should be worried the F150 launch is not stealing resource from the MME.

·
Super Moderator
1,462 Posts
Beyond the planned F150 and Transit, they need to come up with a volume ‘vehicle for everyone’ EV. Make it affordable, like a middle range price point of $30k.

Call it a CUV Fusion or something. Rediculous speeds not needed, just maximum efficiency and functionality.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,134 Posts
I'd love to see any of those consumer models in BEV. However, the F-250/350 Super Duty are common vehicles in commercial applications. These are often vehicles that are driving all day, every day. Electrification of commercial vehicles will have a bigger climate impact than consumer vehicles. That's why I'm excited about the Transit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts