Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

What was the most frustrating part of your buying experience?

• Researching the Mach-E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ordering it online

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test driving the Mach-E

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Finding the right Mach-E at a dealer

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Waiting to take possession

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Completing the paperwork

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Customizing the vehicle online

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Everything was great!

• Communicating with Ford

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Negotiating with the dealer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am curious what was the most frustrating part of the Mach-E purchasing process for you?
amazingly my wait wasn't even too long, about 17 weeks. Ordered Jan 15th and got the car May 25th. At the dealership maybe hour and a half to complete paperwork. Probably one of the easier buying experiences I've had.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,711 Posts
The wait!!!
Reserved in Feb. 2020, made into an order in June took delivery of a "walk away" MMe in Feb 2021. My order MMe hit the dealer in April.
My experience at the dealer (Friendly Ford of Las Vegas) was flawless even the guy who tried to sell me thousands in additional coverage (I declined) was thorough and surprisingly not too aggressive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's the most frustrating part of going through a dealer?
When I selected the dealer, they told me no ADM. When I went to take delivery, they "added" a bunch of stuff to my vehicle (ugly theft deterrent stickers, door guards and upholstery guard) and than tried to charge me for it. They told me either take the car or we'll put it on the lot for an additional $20k. Poor dealer experience. I ended up purchasing it. To this day, every day when I open the door and see that really ugly sticker on my car it pisses me off. Love the car, hate the dealer experience. I did end up talking with someone at Ford and my money was partially refunded for the additions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The wait!!!
Reserved in Feb. 2020, made into an order in June took delivery of a "walk away" MMe in Feb 2021. My order MMe hit the dealer in April.
My experience at the dealer (Friendly Ford of Las Vegas) was flawless even the guy who tried to sell me thousands in additional coverage (I declined) was thorough and surprisingly not too aggressive.
Hi Bob I’m from Henderson would love some advice in buying a premium. I have bought from friendly ford before. Thank you Roxanne

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi all,
I ordered one in Greenville sc.
After 6 month i was tired of waiting and located one in Kentucky and had it shipped here.
That part was great.
But how the dealer Handel's us now is less then ideal.
Actually i am less then impressed.
This rudeness never happens with other car manufactures.
Love the car hate the dealer.
My next one will not be a Ford EV.
Even with a 2006 Toyota Camry hand me down Witch my son drives i get 100 percent better treatment / service at the dealer then with a 60000 dollar car.

I can not express enough how dissatisfied am with the dealer here in Greenville sc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I selected the dealer, they told me no ADM. When I went to take delivery, they "added" a bunch of stuff to my vehicle (ugly theft deterrent stickers, door guards and upholstery guard) and than tried to charge me for it. They told me either take the car or we'll put it on the lot for an additional $20k. Poor dealer experience. I ended up purchasing it. To this day, every day when I open the door and see that really ugly sticker on my car it pisses me off. Love the car, hate the dealer experience. I did end up talking with someone at Ford and my money was partially refunded for the additions.
While you were waiting for delivery, did you communicate with the dealer for updates or did you have someone at Ford that you got in touch with? That does sound like a bad experience given the wait.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nothing in the buying experience was frustrating. The dealership was entirely professional. I knew the wait would be long since I reserved long before production was started up. I got the extra 250 free kwh for the quality hold in February. The Ford motor company should do a better job of informing the customer where his/her car is in the production process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am curious what was the most frustrating part of the Mach-E purchasing process for you?
Dealers as always are total morons. I truly believe it's a cult following a script. (hope your laughing) If I told you the entire experience you would not believe it. Any way I told the sales manager no stickers no test drives no car washes. He agreed and I asked him what my only wishes were when the car came in. His reply was "Can you tell me again". I wrote it out on a sticky pad and he placed on his phone console. Car came in and the odometer had 29 miles. His explanation was all cars are tested on the track at the factory.
He used our vehicle for some test tracking around Pittsburgh. REALLY PISSED US OFF.
I am definitely writing Ford on our whole experience from a witless front person to automated texts trying to sell me a ICE vehicle.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The dealer experience on an A-F scale was a D.
Went through 3 1/2 dealer sales reps (the 1/2 is because I got one twice)
Absolutely ZERO updates from the dealer in the 129 days from order to delivery.
I knew the location almost every day (info from outside the dealership). When it arrived at the dealership, I already knew that. They called me and asked for my VIN.
Pricing was MSRP. I had that signed in writing.
They did get the "no front license plate bracket" right, I reminded them about 10 times including the day I called to tell them it had arrived at the dealership (someone knew but the sales guy didn't)
Purchase was easy. Signed a few papers, gave them a check, drove out. 20 min.
Asked a few technical questions after the sale, they don't know squat.

Car rates an A. Would get an A+ but there are a few inconveniences I've noticed.
Crowd appeal rates a AAA+.
Service is TBD.

Jim
Premium, Infinite Blue Metallic, Black Onyx interior, RWD, ER Battery, no front license bracket.
Ceramic all around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The wait. I ordered from the dealer in mid-December and had some initial concerns when my order didn’t show up on the Ford tracking site. I learned the order numbers are different for online and dealer-placed orders. Town and Country Ford in Louisville handled things professionally. There was a small “dealer fee” which they’d told me about when I placed the order. Eventually, I received a VIN and production date. It was scheduled to be produced on our 50th wedding anniversary, but we didn’t receive it until about 7 weeks later. I’ve not received any offer of mileage for the delay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts