Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would drop out once I examine and drive one if those experiences were disappointing. In-person quality assessment of fit/finish/materials, comfort, space, as well as driving dynamics. Also, would probably drop out if it turns out the rear interior door handles really are electronic only and have no mechanical override as do the front interior door handles. That would be a safety concern for me. Alternatives still in the running include Polestar 2 and BMW iX3.
There is no manual override for the front doors as well rite? Even though there is a handle on the front door, there is no latch we can physically unlock. Hence both front and rear are electrical. Also I need to read up more about the safety concerns. I would imagine MME team accounts for all of this and provide some form of override.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is no manual override for the front doors as well rite? Even though there is a handle on the front door, there is no latch we can physically unlock. Hence both front and rear are electrical. Also I need to read up more about the safety concerns. I would imagine MME team accounts for all of this and provide some form of override.
No they stated the front has a physical unlock from the inside. You pull the little handle in the arm rest part way to engage the electical release. If that doesn't work you can pull it all the way back to engage the physical release.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is not correct based on information published to date. The front doors do have a manual override on the interior release handles, activated by pulling further rearward. The rear doors apparently do not.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts