Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As people increasingly move towards EVs and leave ICE cars behind, it's going to make a big impact in reducing fuel consumption globally. I'm curious what the fuel economy of everyone's current cars are right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As people increasingly move towards EVs and leave ICE cars behind, it's going to make a big impact in reducing fuel consumption globally. I'm curious what the fuel economy of everyone's current cars are right now.
my 2013 fusion hybrid about 42 mpgs, 2013 c max energi about 81 mpges....of course, during the winter, both go down a little, and in the summer the numbers go up some....

·
Registered
69 Posts
2013 c max energi about 81 mpges.---------how is the HVB capacity? Getting that many mpg could be excess stress (amps) and heat which leads to a degraded HVB capacity which is 5.6 kWh at new. My 2017 has a lifetime average of 47.1 mpg as I drive in EV later for all speeds over 40 mph, up any hills and in the heat. I do not charge it to 100% SOC and during the hot summer months like to keep it between 30-55% SOC to minimize chances of damage. Just sitting in the parking lot during a hot summer will raise the HVB temperature to well over 90F which is not good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2013 c max energi about 81 mpges.---------how is the HVB capacity? Getting that many mpg could be excess stress (amps) and heat which leads to a degraded HVB capacity which is 5.6 kWh at new. My 2017 has a lifetime average of 47.1 mpg as I drive in EV later for all speeds over 40 mph, up any hills and in the heat. I do not charge it to 100% SOC and during the hot summer months like to keep it between 30-55% SOC to minimize chances of damage. Just sitting in the parking lot during a hot summer will raise the HVB temperature to well over 90F which is not good.
Good morning, just to give you some extra info.....my c max has less than 34,000 miles.....most driving, 90%, at low speeds.....I ,too, drive in EV LATER, for all speeds over 40mph.....I also use EV LATER whenever I have the heater/AC on (that's why I LOVE the heated seats).....in summer I only charge during cooler parts of the day and in winter the warmer part of the day......I use no high speed charging, all from my 120 household line..... I, of course know, that what miles show on the battery is due mostly to how you have been driving, but in warm months I still get 30-33 miles showing on the battery....lately, during winter here in NJ, the battery shows about 25.....with my MPGe around 80, the MPG alone would be 118 approximately.....remember 90% of my driving under 40mph.......where I live most anywhere I need to go is within 10 miles, so all electric most of the time.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
My diesel Grand Cherokee used to get around 22/30, then the EPA got involved and now I'm lucky to get 23 on the highway. Most days I commute in my 2013 Leaf which is listed at 115MPGe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually, as electric vehicles, I think people need to get used to thinking in terms of miles/kW-hr vice mpg. For example....Our 2018 Chevy Bolt regularly got 4.5 miles/kW-hr. Our present Nissan Leaf Plus only gets about 3.4 m/kW-hr but it is a much more pleasant ride. I have reserved a Premium with the ER battery so very interested to see what it will get.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As people increasingly move towards EVs and leave ICE cars behind....
There is no way that our electrical systems could handle that. Imagine, as I like to say, every house in your neighborhood running their central air conditioners and electric ovens all night long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts