Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how long it take to build the car? I mean, let's assume a production date of November 21, how long would it take before it is shipped to the dealer?
Since I'm in Canada, I don't have a production date, but I got my serial number mid-september. Hope that is good news as my 10 year old Fusion require more and more attention... :)
My ship date to Canada is 3 weeks after the Production Date

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
OK folks, time to share share share the exciting dates!!!

I'll start with a dealer connection of mine.

Dealer Demo build date:
Week of Nov 7th
First Edition:
Week of Nov 13th
Premium Edition:
No date set
FE, Carbonized grey
reservation 100043xx
order July 1, same as res number, but color changed a day later
Midwest
build date 12-21-20 (which seems late, given above numbers?)

·
Registered
Star White Premium AWD ER
34 Posts
Received my Production date. Grabber Blue First Edition. Production Date is November 24 with Delivery all the way up here to Canada by December 14
Only 3 weeks?? :O I hope it’s true! :) Which region of Canada?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
867 Posts
select model, res 12-11-19, order 7-10-20, build date 12-14-20
I find this extremely interesting:

We originally thought production would be:

• First Edition
  • Premium LR AWD
  • Select
We assumed that the FE and Premium LR AWD were the most profitable for Ford and would be produced first and that the Select would not be until February 2021.

This select build date is now before build dates for the First Edition.

Happy for you but I am sure some FE owners are wondering what "gives"?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find this extremely interesting:

We originally thought production would be:

• First Edition
  • Premium LR AWD
  • Select
We assumed that the FE and Premium LR AWD were the most profitable for Ford and would be produced first and that the Select would not be until February 2021.

This select build date is now before build dates for the First Edition.

Happy for you but I am sure some FE owners are wondering what "gives"?

I actually have my Select date build on the 23rd of novembre. The factory line must be modern enough to build any type of model anytime.
🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
867 Posts
I actually have my Select date build on the 23rd of novembre. The factory line must be modern enough to build any type of model anytime.
🤷‍♂️

Thanks for your post.

I have ordered a FE and my build date is December 7.

Obviously I am not happy as Ford wants me to pay a substantial premium for the First Edition which of course it is not - as you and others who have ordered both the select and premium will have your cars before I do.

I guess I have to accept that the First Edition is in reality a "Special Edition" and then decide if the slight differences between the FE and the Premium LR AWD are worth an additional $3,600.

It may just be better to "pass" on the FE, use my deposit to order a Premium LR AWD, wait a few months for delivery and save $3,600.

·
Registered
13 Posts
U
select model, res 12-11-19, order 7-10-20, build date 12-14-20
I only reserved the car (Aug 20, select). Then I got email that it is scheduled for production in Jan 11. What does order mean in your case?

I personally think they pipelined cars with the same color. I have silver, seems like least popular color. Maybe it is easier for Ford to manufacture them all at once, since paint job line will be set up for that color

·
Registered
29 Posts
U

I only reserved the car (Aug 20, select). Then I got email that it is scheduled for production in Jan 11. What does order mean in your case?

I personally think they pipelined cars with the same color. I have silver, seems like least popular color. Maybe it is easier for Ford to manufacture them all at once, since paint job line will be set up for that color
if I understand your question, order is the date I went into the dealer and placed my order with them....I did not do any of the work via the internet, I like face to face, the manager I dealt with now knows me well as a current and past customer, not better, just my old school way of doing things....I always been happy with dealing direct with the dealership.....oh by the way my select is carbonized grey with the comfort and appearance pkg, need those heated seats here in nj.....although after seeing the red tues at the tour event I was tempted to change....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally want to stay away from dealers. Would be great if I can pay online and get car delivered to my door, like regular stuff you buy over the internet, especially since I am paying MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
I personally want to stay away from dealers. Would be great if I can pay online and get car delivered to my door, like regular stuff you buy over the internet, especially since I am paying MSRP.
Ford is moving towards a fully online purchase experience. Where you go to the dealer to sign the final paperwork when you pick up the car. Some dealers may deliver to your house for free, others may charge for this service.

I don’t know when this will be online for use.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ford is moving towards a fully online purchase experience. Where you go to the dealer to sign the final paperwork when you pick up the car. Some dealers may deliver to your house for free, others may charge for this service.

I don’t know when this will be online for use.
This is really not so new:

I live on Long Island and my 2016 Ford Edge Sport was bought from a dealer in New Jersey. This was in December 2016.

I never went to New Jersey. Never met the dealer. All I did was give them a $500 deposit on my credit card.

Without charge they delivered the car to my home; the salesmen had all papers for me to sigh and explained the functions of the car to my wife (it is her car) and myself in our driveway.

Signing of papers and explaining the different operations took less than 1 hours.

It was an extremely pleasant experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well, it certainly is about what works best for each of us....i know I am old school, probably because i am old, haha.....doing the "deal" online is a little too impersonal for me.....when i'll need service, the car must be brought in, and i like for them to know me as a good customer.....

·
Registered
867 Posts
well, it certainly is about what works best for each of us....i know I am old school, probably because i am old, haha.....doing the "deal" online is a little too impersonal for me.....when i'll need service, the car must be brought in, and i like for them to know me as a good customer.....
I am probably as old as you: hint my first car as a graduation present from college was a new 1966 Ford Mustang GT convertible.

As to service: for the past 30 plus years I have been leasing. As a rule, while under warranty, I have taken my car for service to the local dealer - not the dealer I bought the car from. The cars included Audi, Acura, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and Toyota. Each service department was eager for my business and sent me follow ups by email. The service department is a separate business from sales. Also keep in mind that when you service your car, that is a potential new name for the sales department.

Because of the Internet and competitive pricing, very little money is made on the sale of new cars. Most of the dealer's profits come from selling used "CPO" cars and service both under warranty and out of warranty. Where else can a dealer charge labor at the rate of $165 an hour for Toyota and up to $235 an hour for Porsche! A mechanic working just 40 hours a week will generate yearly labor charges (income) to the dealer of more than $400,000 per year!

Think of how many cars a salesmen has to sell to generate that kind of revenue!

So expect a big "Welcome" sign from the service department regardless of whether you bought the car from that dealer or another!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would rather NOT have some unknown flunky driving my car before I do. You are trusting someone unknown with your $60,000 car just hoping the driver was probably vetted. This is not the same as delivering some manufacturers pre-packaged item in a card board box to your front porch.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would rather NOT have some unknown flunky driving my car before I do. You are trusting someone unknown with your $60,000 car just hoping the driver was probably vetted. This is not the same as delivering some manufacturers pre-packaged item in a card board box to your front porch.
I believe during the covid pandemic thousands of Tesla's and other cars have been delivered to people's homes without incident - and that is probably the wave of the future.

·
Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
Probably a dozen people have driven your car before you pick it up in the dealership. It just part of the process.

Most likely the salesman themselves will bring the car, not a teenage valet like at a restaurant. If its not within a few miles of the dealership, they will sometimes do a flat-bed delivery. I don’t think you would have too much to worry about.

It is nice to know we have options available.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts