Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
867 Posts
For what it is worth:

Just received a telephone call from my Ford dealer, Biener Ford in Great Neck, Long Island:

• The MachE will be available for viewing this Thursday from 12 noon to 5 PM.
  • They are emailing me to make a reservation - I assume because of Covid they are restricting the number of potential buyers at any given time.
Here is what is most important:

I asked about both financing and leasing pointing out to the business development manager that the Ford Option Plan was not acceptable - I think I said not "satisfactory".

Her response was that until Ford actually starts delivering the cars neither financing, incentives nor lease terms will be available. I pointed out that the first production is this week and cars should be arriving at the dealers in two weeks - the beginning of December.

She agreed, but repeated that until the cars are actually being delivered financing, incentives (if any) and lease terms will not be known.

So we will just have to sit back and wait another two weeks!

Just received this email:

Good afternoon,

This is Stephanie from Biener Ford inviting you to an exclusive viewing of the all-electric Ford Mustang Mach-E. The vehicle will be here from 12-5pm this Thursday, November 19th, at our showroom at 661 Northern Blvd. in Great Neck. To schedule your reservation, please contact me at 516-466-6400 x 155 or register online here: Mach-E Activation

We hope to see you soon!

Best,
Stephanie Barbuck

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
922 Posts
For what it is worth:

Just received a telephone call from my Ford dealer, Biener Ford in Great Neck, Long Island:

• The MachE will be available for viewing this Thursday from 12 noon to 5 PM.
  • They are emailing me to make a reservation - I assume because of Covid they are restricting the number of potential buyers at any given time.
Here is what is most important:

I asked about both financing and leasing pointing out to the business development manager that the Ford Option Plan was not acceptable - I think I said not "satisfactory".

Her response was that until Ford actually starts delivering the cars neither financing, incentives nor lease terms will be available. I pointed out that the first production is this week and cars should be arriving at the dealers in two weeks - the beginning of December.

She agreed, but repeated that until the cars are actually being delivered financing, incentives (if any) and lease terms will not be known.

So we will just have to sit back and wait another two weeks!

Just received this email:

Good afternoon,

This is Stephanie from Biener Ford inviting you to an exclusive viewing of the all-electric Ford Mustang Mach-E. The vehicle will be here from 12-5pm this Thursday, November 19th, at our showroom at 661 Northern Blvd. in Great Neck. To schedule your reservation, please contact me at 516-466-6400 x 155 or register online here: Mach-E Activation

We hope to see you soon!

Best,
Stephanie Barbuck

I was told the same thing regarding financing by my dealer and in two emails to Ford Credit.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,120 Posts
Two of our most recent car purchases were through buyer programs. The car was delivered to our door and we did the paperwork in the driveway. No muss, no fuss.

·
Registered
Ordered First Edition MME in Rapid Red
32 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today letting me know he received a VIN number for my car. I looked on ford.com and the only thing that's changed is the "In Production" dot is now blue. Dates still show the same. I was able to add the VIN to the FordPass app and it accepted it. I was also able put a few bits of information in. I'm even more excited since I got to see one in person last week.

Reservation Date: 11/17/2019
Reservation/Order: # 10007523
Order Date: 06/30/2020
Rapid Red FE
Build Date: Week of Dec 7
Dealer: Romeo Ford - Kingston, NY

·
Registered
867 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today letting me know he received a VIN number for my car. I looked on ford.com and the only thing that's changed is the "In Production" dot is now blue. Dates still show the same. I was able to add the VIN to the FordPass app and it accepted it. I was also able put a few bits of information in. I'm even more excited since I got to see one in person last week.

Reservation Date: 11/17/2019
Reservation/Order: # 10007523
Order Date: 06/30/2020
Rapid Red FE
Build Date: Week of Dec 7
Dealer: Romeo Ford - Kingston, NY
I am on Long Island. I also ordered FE in Rapid Red.

I have the same build date. I guess our babies will be on the same delivery truck!

Going to my dealer tomorrow at 2 PM for viewing of the MME. Because of covid limited number and need reservation for showing.

I hope soon we get the MF and residuals on the lease terms for the FE.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I am on Long Island. I also ordered FE in Rapid Red.

I have the same build date. I guess our babies will be on the same delivery truck!

Going to my dealer tomorrow at 2 PM for viewing of the MME. Because of covid limited number and need reservation for showing.

I hope soon we get the MF and residuals on the lease terms for the FE.

Check a recently posted (on this forum) list of residuals from Ford. While they are listed for the Options Plan I can't imagine that they will differ much for the Lease. Even more concerning is that the article from EVBITE says that if you lease you won't get the Tax Credit. If Ford Credit doesn't use the tax credit (as they did for my Fusion lease) as a lease cost basis 'buy down' they are clearly delusional.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check a recently posted (on this forum) list of residuals from Ford. While they are listed for the Options Plan I can't imagine that they will differ much for the Lease. Even more concerning is that the article from EVBITE says that if you lease you won't get the Tax Credit. If Ford Credit doesn't use the tax credit (as they did for my Fusion lease) as a lease cost basis 'buy down' they are clearly delusional.
It's noted that with the Options plan you can claim the $7500 tax credit but not with the Red Carpet lease.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
It's noted that with the Options plan you can claim the $7500 tax credit but not with the Red Carpet lease.
Correct except the Options Plan isn't available in Nevada and the dealer said that leasing would "probably" be the replacement.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I hear you!

But it is very, very simple for me:

• I ordered the FE which originally was a $1600 upcharge from the Premium LR AWD. Now it is a $3600 upcharge. I already have two cars on lease until September 2021 and December 2021. Because of Covid one has 10,000 miles the other 11,500 miles. For the first time ever I may buy these cars at the end of the lease. My main point is that I can wait for the MME.
  • I will only lease a BEV: I am very much concerned about the value of used BEV. A lease gives me protection against excessive depreciation. The Ford Option plan is not a lease but a deferred payment plan. I am not interested in it.
  • The only way a Red Carpet lease can achieve a competitive monthly rate is to include the Federal Tax Credit of $7,500 as a cap cost reduction, have a residual of at least 57% and a MF of .001 which equals 2.4% or less. Any thing different will make the monthly payments non competitive.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
32 Posts
Correct except the Options Plan isn't available in Nevada and the dealer said that leasing would "probably" be the replacement.
I missed that! I was initially all gungho to do traditional finance or buy the MME outright but looking at the expected residual value and the fact that the are so many new EVs coming to market in the next few years I'm now leaning towards the Options as a way to move on to something else with out getting stuck under water. Folks have been talking about how first year models can easily loose value. And we know how technology continues to come down in price. Now Ford is talking about making their own batteries which will also drive down cost. Oh first world problems!

·
Registered
867 Posts
That is because the Ford Option Plan is not a lease, but with a balloon of 44%, is nothing more than deferred purchase plan. A deferred purchase plan, like when you finance a car, the title is in your name and you own the car. The owner, you, are entitled to the Federal Tax Credit of $7,500.

In a lease the title remains with Ford Financial. Ford Financial, as the owner of the car gets the Federal Tax Credit of $7,500.

With leases, what all other major manufacturers do, including Audi, BMW and Jaguar, is to give you a cap cost reduction in the lease equal to the Federal Tax Credit - $7,500.

Hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is because the Ford Option Plan is not a lease, but with a balloon of 44%, is nothing more than deferred purchase plan. A deferred purchase plan, like when you finance a car, the title is in your name and you own the car. The owner, you, are entitled to the Federal Tax Credit of $7,500.

In a lease the title remains with Ford Financial. Ford Financial, as the owner of the car gets the Federal Tax Credit of $7,500.

With leases, what all other major manufacturers do, including Audi, BMW and Jaguar, is to give you a cap cost reduction in the lease equal to the Federal Tax Credit - $7,500.

Hope this clarifies.
But with the Options plan don't you have the ability to skip the ballon payment and walk away?

·
Registered
867 Posts
But with the Options plan don't you have the ability to skip the ballon payment and walk away?
Yes.

But the whole point in leasing is to protect you against excessive depreciation.

Normally a 36 month, 10,000 miles per year lease usually has a residual of 57%.

Here is an example:

• MSRP of $60,000 discounted by dealer and incentives, minimum 5% your selling price $57,000.
  • Normal residual 57% of MSRP, $34,200. The difference between the selling price $57,000 and the residual, $34,200 is the depreciation component of the lease, $22,800 or $633 a month.
Now on the Ford Option Plan:

• Same selling price, $57,000
  • Residual of 42% $25,200, your depreciation is $31,800 or $883 a month.

The sales tax on a lease is on the total of the monthly payments:

• Lease $633 X 36 =$22,788 @ 8% = $1823
On the Ford Option Plan as this is sale, the tax will be on the purchase price, $57,000 @ 8% = $4560.

The difference in sales tax is $2734. That is an additional $76 a month to be added to Ford Option plan monthly payment.

The Ford Option plan with a residual of 41% does not give you protection against excessive depreciation and to make things doubly worse, over a three year period as compared to a lease, will cost $11,763 more or $326.

Hope this clarifies.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
It's obvious I need to do more research before I close this deal! I get more confused by the day :oops:
If you buy, your payments are cost divided by length of financing 36 /48 months into 60 K . The option plan backs out 44% of the value in the form of a residual so its 36/39 into $34,600 resulting in lower monthly payments and in both cases you're on the title with the finance co as a lien holder. In the case of a lease Ford Credit (the lessor) is the titled owner and you the lessee are not. In theory that gives the $7500 tax credit to Ford Credit not you. As previously posted Ford Credit may (doesn't have to) pass on the tax credit to you by lowering the cost basis of the vehicle and thereby lowering your monthly payment.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you buy, your payments are cost divided by length of financing 36 /48 months into 60 K . The option plan backs out 44% of the value in the form of a residual so its 36/39 into $34,600 resulting in lower monthly payments and in both cases you're on the title with the finance co as a lien holder. In the case of a lease Ford Credit (the lessor) is the titled owner and you the lessee are not. In theory that gives the $7500 tax credit to Ford Credit not you. As previously posted Ford Credit may (doesn't have to) pass on the tax credit to you by lowering the cost basis of the vehicle and thereby lowering your monthly payment.
Just went to Ford.com.

On a select RW the balloon on the Ford Option Plan is now 41% down from 44%.

Federal Tax Credit: Not a theory: it goes to the title holder. In a lease, the lessor is the title holder. The lessor is Ford Financial. Ford Financial gets the Federal Tax credit of $7,500.

Hope this clarifies. .

141 - 160 of 179 Posts