Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my infinite blue Mach E on Dec 25, 2019. Decided in November of 2020 that I would like a red one instead. Ford said they could not change the color and had to speak to dealership when I called. My dealership tried to switch it but said Ford would not let them. We ordered a red one in December of 2020. Just said to have 2 on order and they would sell the blue one when it came in and Ford would prioritize my order since I ordered so early. Date to come was next week and I said I could wait the 4 extra months for Red (I know the blue is pretty but had my heart set on red) Called to see when it was coming in and now they said the Ford system says October! Really Ford? Blamed the chip issue again but others are getting them. I have seen others who contacted Ford directly! If someone from Ford is reading this please help me. I have been a Ford driver for 40 years! Had more Explorers than I can count. Just bought my daughter a Bronco Sport. Had a 73 Mustang in high school that got totaled and wanted a Mustang since then but not practical with the mom life (thus the Explorers). My dealership is a large one in Madison WI and has been helpful but keep getting no answers from Ford. First name basis with the GM since we have been talking about his experience with the demo (they sold it before they knew mine would not come in or would have bought that one). They are as frustrated as I am. Any help would be appreciated. Just so disappointed since I wanted to drive it this summer before the snow falls.

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
I ordered my infinite blue Mach E on Dec 25, 2019. Decided in November of 2020 that I would like a red one instead. Ford said they could not change the color and had to speak to dealership when I called. My dealership tried to switch it but said Ford would not let them. We ordered a red one in December of 2020. Just said to have 2 on order and they would sell the blue one when it came in and Ford would prioritize my order since I ordered so early. Date to come was next week and I said I could wait the 4 extra months for Red (I know the blue is pretty but had my heart set on red) Called to see when it was coming in and now they said the Ford system says October! Really Ford? Blamed the chip issue again but others are getting them. I have seen others who contacted Ford directly! If someone from Ford is reading this please help me. I have been a Ford driver for 40 years! Had more Explorers than I can count. Just bought my daughter a Bronco Sport. Had a 73 Mustang in high school that got totaled and wanted a Mustang since then but not practical with the mom life (thus the Explorers). My dealership is a large one in Madison WI and has been helpful but keep getting no answers from Ford. First name basis with the GM since we have been talking about his experience with the demo (they sold it before they knew mine would not come in or would have bought that one). They are as frustrated as I am. Any help would be appreciated. Just so disappointed since I wanted to drive it this summer before the snow falls.
Wow, that is an odd timeline for a November order. Unless they are trying to fulfill all the GT reservations from prior Nov 2020 first. I hope you get it sooner.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-e Premium Rapid Red EX-4
43 Posts
I ordered a Rapid Red 4-X in Feb and it was built in June and due to arrive in Aug. It was supposed to be here Aug 4th notice on website it got pushed to Aug 19th. 6.5 months is along time to wait for a new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a Rapid Red 4-X in Feb and it was built in June and due to arrive in Aug. It was supposed to be here Aug 4th notice on website it got pushed to Aug 19th. 6.5 months is along time to wait for a new car.
I was willing to wait 6to 7 months. 10 months is what I am so upset about. Seeing others delivered is not helping. Does anyone know if they are still delivering?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I'd just like to hear anything from Ford....8 weeks and absolutely NOTHING.
How about a "Thanks for your order and money "

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd just like to hear anything from Ford....8 weeks and absolutely NOTHING.
How about a "Thanks for your order and money "
I got my first contact from Ford in January when my order was accepted. The second 12 weeks later with my build week. Still waiting for the third.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
ouch

·
Registered
24 Posts
The FordPass application on my wife’s phone found our MME.

I’m really about 2 miles from home……and I’m not freezing. Perhaps it is the previously unknown twin?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ordered my Infinite Blue Premium AWD Ext on October 12, 2020. I heard absolutely nothing from Ford for six months and got more and more upset as the weeks turned into months. There were people who put their orders in after me who got their cars before me and I just couldn't understand why. I finally lost confidence in the whole process and purchased a car from a dealer in April. It was the car I had on order with the exception of the battery. My wife and I were worried that if we kept on waiting for my October 2020 order it wouldn't be in Infinite Blue and she wanted that color. Sometime in May I saw on the Ford tracker that my car was going to be produced in June. I found somebody on this board who wanted the same car and he ended up purchasing it. That eased my conscience about canceling the order but to this day I still don't understand why I heard nothing from Ford about my car for all those months and why other people were moved ahead in line and I empathize with those still waiting for their cars who have heard nothing. All I can say is I feel your pain as I've been there too.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today saying it was in production.....nothing from Ford yet

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Dealer got a message saying "Scheduled for Production"
No date....no vin.......a " Keep the Faith "message from Ford Im thinking !

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm going into my 4th month without hearing anything from Ford. This is my first car with Ford and this is not how you build brand loyalty. I understand there are issues but can't you at least give me an estimated build date with the caveat about delays due to parts shortages/covid outbreaks, etc.? How am I supposed to plan for the car? What do I do with my current car? (tires, repairs, etc.) I think transparency from Ford would go a long ways.

I'm getting really annoyed and I am losing hope in getting my car this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Guess everyone is having problems. They sent me a build date of 6/7 so that is why so disappointed since it should have been delivered in July. Just very sad that it is not here. Oh well, patience is a virtue and sounds like everyone is the same boat. Sounds like new CEO needs to work with the marketing and communications department!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealership is clueless so I just called Ford’s Customer Service line and they weren’t any help either; they are clueless too and I finally lost it when they said they would have my dealership call me to give me an update. I’m going around in circles trying to get some basic information of when I should expect a production date. I’d be a lot more patient (and understanding) if I had some basic info but obviously Ford doesn’t think that we deserve to know when our cars are tentatively scheduled to be built.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They didn't start taking official orders until 2020..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has everyone's dates been pushed into October or later now? I had a production start for the week of 7/4. It went in production 7/10 with an ETA of 8/23, but earlier this week the ETA pushed to 10/31. Has it been confirmed this is due to the semi-conductor shortage? I don't expect my dealership to have any useful information given the radio silence from them through this process. (Ordered in late Feb for what it's worth).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts