Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I just wish I could get a build date.....or actually ANYTHING from Ford !

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just wish I could get a build date.....or actually ANYTHING from Ford !
i put a call into their corporate customer line 2 days ago, they opened up claim ticket, promised me call back and I still haven’t heard anything. I’m getting really frustrated. Trying to buy this Mach-E from Ford has been an awful experience. The communication from Ford has been nonexistent. I’d be a lot more understanding if I actually knew what was going on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Has everyone's dates been pushed into October or later now? I had a production start for the week of 7/4. It went in production 7/10 with an ETA of 8/23, but earlier this week the ETA pushed to 10/31. Has it been confirmed this is due to the semi-conductor shortage? I don't expect my dealership to have any useful information given the radio silence from them through this process. (Ordered in late Feb for what it's worth).
Must all gotten moved to October. Mine was supposed to be built in June for delivery right around now. My dealer has been great and contacted the Ford rep and she said it will be October. Possibly sooner. I still am not happy but need to accept this. I was going to email Jim Farley's office. Decided not to waste my time or frustration plus with all the cars that are waiting for chips, would be driving me crazy as CEO. Their communications people need to step it up get information out according to all of your posts on this site. We understand supply chain issues but let us know! Thank you all for letting me vent!

·
Registered
24 Posts
A car purchase is one of the largest financial transactions that most people perform, we should expect a higher level of communications from Ford, not less. Ford and the dealership have my deposit and I can’t even get a courtesy call back to my phone inquiries - just tell me that you don’t have an update because of XYZ.

So if my Mach-E delivery is pushed off until October or further then I’ll have 4,000+ more miles on my vehicle, used car values are currently trending downwards and I’ll have to put more maintenance into my current vehicle.

I don’t want a 2022 vehicle, I want the 2021 MME that I ordered in April.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK, everyone, here is one person's experience from start to finish. Ford dealer located in San Antonio TX.
I ordered a MME
Premium,
Infinite Blue Metallic,
Black Onyx interior,
RWD,
ER Battery,
on Mar 15, 2021.
I checked everywhere I could on almost a daily basis to find out status. Almost none if it came directly from Ford (none from the dealer), but using a variety of other sites, managed to piece together what was happening. Here is my experience (note I pick up the car tomorrow, the day after this post):

View attachment 6083

129 day delivery.

Note that the Muncie ramp in KS is the railroad ramp that serves TX (Union Pacific I think). There are also ramps in/around Kansas City that are ramps for different railroads and destinations in the USA, such as Argentine ramp, Muncie ramp, Voltz ramp and perhaps others.

Am really stoked to get the car tomorrow.
Jim

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
OK, everyone, here is one person's experience from start to finish. Ford dealer located in San Antonio TX.
I ordered a MME
Premium,
Infinite Blue Metallic,
Black Onyx interior,
RWD,
ER Battery,
on Mar 15, 2021.
I checked everywhere I could on almost a daily basis to find out status. Almost none if it came directly from Ford (none from the dealer), but using a variety of other sites, managed to piece together what was happening. Here is my experience (note I pick up the car tomorrow, the day after this post):

View attachment 6083

129 day delivery.

Note that the Muncie ramp in KS is the railroad ramp that serves TX (Union Pacific I think). There are also ramps in/around Kansas City that are ramps for different railroads and destinations in the USA, such as Argentine ramp, Muncie ramp, Voltz ramp and perhaps others.

Am really stoked to get the car tomorrow.
Jim
Congrat.....I too am in Texas ( Bryan ) and in 3 months have not heard a thing

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my infinite blue Mach E on Dec 25, 2019. Decided in November of 2020 that I would like a red one instead. Ford said they could not change the color and had to speak to dealership when I called. My dealership tried to switch it but said Ford would not let them. We ordered a red one in December of 2020. Just said to have 2 on order and they would sell the blue one when it came in and Ford would prioritize my order since I ordered so early. Date to come was next week and I said I could wait the 4 extra months for Red (I know the blue is pretty but had my heart set on red) Called to see when it was coming in and now they said the Ford system says October! Really Ford? Blamed the chip issue again but others are getting them. I have seen others who contacted Ford directly! If someone from Ford is reading this please help me. I have been a Ford driver for 40 years! Had more Explorers than I can count. Just bought my daughter a Bronco Sport. Had a 73 Mustang in high school that got totaled and wanted a Mustang since then but not practical with the mom life (thus the Explorers). My dealership is a large one in Madison WI and has been helpful but keep getting no answers from Ford. First name basis with the GM since we have been talking about his experience with the demo (they sold it before they knew mine would not come in or would have bought that one). They are as frustrated as I am. Any help would be appreciated. Just so disappointed since I wanted to drive it this summer before the snow falls.
Since you are in madison, I would honestly start looking around the Chicagoland area for red ones in stock. I gave up on ever getting a production date for mine once I started seeing issues similar to yours with a lot of people. In my search for a star white, I saw handfuls of red premiums in stock.

If you just check the stock on a daily basis, you will see them pop up as dealers get them. I did this and after about a week (and likely over 50 phone calls to dealers), I managed to be the first to call on one that a customer cancelled their order on.

I see one in stock at Terry's ford of Peotone and Art Hill Ford. A lot of times you'll call and they will be their test drive unit or another customers who ordered, but SO many people have had your experience and cancelled because of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Picked up my Premium MME, Infinite Blue Metallic, RWD, ExBattery yesterday. Now have 75 miles on it. I'm lovin it like I have never done with a new car before, and there have been quite a few of them. I'm going to have to get a neck brace because I'm still thrilled with that pedal to the metal acceleration.

The other noticeable feature is the quietness of the interior when driving. They did an excellent job on the noise abatement, and the ride is really smooth.

According to the dealer, my car with the 237th MME delivered in the USA. I don't know if that includes all versions. 129 days from order to delivery. Sold at MSRP.

My neighbor saw it in the driveway briefly and begged for a test drive, he loved it.

Went to a function yesterday afternoon and the crowd stopped at the door when I drove up. It turns heads wherever you go. People track you like a radar and express that mouth slightly ajar, "what the hell is that" bewildered look.

Spent an hour so far on settings and preferences. Have several more hours to go. Quite a bit of stuff I haven't figured out yet, but with this much technology, it will take a while.

I am waiting for a JuiceBox charger that will provide more data on the charge than the Ford charger, e.g. curves of the charge rate, etc.

To hell with emails, I'm going back out there and play.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Since you are in madison, I would honestly start looking around the Chicagoland area for red ones in stock. I gave up on ever getting a production date for mine once I started seeing issues similar to yours with a lot of people. In my search for a star white, I saw handfuls of red premiums in stock.

If you just check the stock on a daily basis, you will see them pop up as dealers get them. I did this and after about a week (and likely over 50 phone calls to dealers), I managed to be the first to call on one that a customer cancelled their order on.

I see one in stock at Terry's ford of Peotone and Art Hill Ford. A lot of times you'll call and they will be their test drive unit or another customers who ordered, but SO many people have had your experience and cancelled because of it.
I have looked in Wi but not Chicago area so that is a good idea. Just got word yesterday that it was shipped! Will get in August so I can wait a month. Thank you for the great idea. Chicago is closer than Appleton.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My ETA has now gone from August 23rd, to October 31, to empty (well, apparently the default value of 1/1/1990) using this site: Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer. Mine is a rapid red, premium, AWD, ER.
Ordered 2/24/21
Production week of 7/4
In Production 7/10
I stopped at the dealership yesterday and they still don't have a build date for me. My order priority number started at 19 on the day that my order was accepted by the dealership and it is now down to a priority number of 2 (if that means anything).

I see that people are getting MME GTs in 3-4 months of placing orders. The GT was my original preference by a lot but I didn't want to wait for it to be released when I placed my order in April but here we are and it has me thinking. And with the new GT EPA range estimates I'm almost ready to change my order. It would really help if there was some better information coming from Ford.

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
According to the dealer, my car with the 237th MME delivered in the USA.
There are over 12k sold in the USA as of June 30. Do you mean your dealership has sole 237 of them?

Happy you are enjoying your new ‘limited edition’ infinite blue Mach-E!

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
I stopped at the dealership yesterday and they still don't have a build date for me. My order priority number started at 19 on the day that my order was accepted by the dealership and it is now down to a priority number of 2 (if that means anything).

I see that people are getting MME GTs in 3-4 months of placing orders. The GT was my original preference by a lot but I didn't want to wait for it to be released when I placed my order in April but here we are and it has me thinking. And with the new GT EPA range estimates I'm almost ready to change my order. It would really help if there was some better information coming from Ford.
Priority 19 is the standard number assigned to all customer orders. You can only be elevated to a prioity 2 in the scheduling by Ford Corporate themselves. So I guess you should have some information soon!

Scheduling details are usually sent Thursday afternoons. Built notifications are the Tuesday after completion. This notification information is anecdotal based on historical postings, but I hope it helps with the waiting.

Good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are over 12k sold in the USA as of June 30. Do you mean your dealership has sole 237 of them?

Happy you are enjoying your new ‘limited edition’ infinite blue Mach-E!
Is the 12K Sold or Delivered? I don't know where the dealer got the 237. They said they had delivered 4 MMEs.

Given the amount of info I received from the dealer before delivery (make that NONE), I don't have much confidence in whatever they come up with.

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
Is the 12K Sold or Delivered? I don't know where the dealer got the 237. They said they had delivered 4 MMEs.

Given the amount of info I received from the dealer before delivery (make that NONE), I don't have much confidence in whatever they come up with.
It may have been specifically for the State of Texas.

I’ve added a post in a different thread regarding production numbers:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts