Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure there is a FAQ that answers this, but I can't seem to find it. Will the build/delivery queue be based on the reservation number (earliest reservations first) or order date (those who convert to orders first).

If deliveries are based on my reservation number (for a Select 10012862) I would likely wait to convert to an order until near the deadline in December.

If deliveries are based on when I convert to an order, then I would likely convert to an order today.

Is this confirmed/described somewhere? Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
Best guess:
1) All FEs have to convert by 31 July. They will definitely be delivered first among the customer units. They will probably all be produced by reservation timestamp order since orders will be in well before production starts.

2) Premium production will begin immediately after the FE and production will be by timestamp order.

3) Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium reservations (before 31 December) will be honored and they will be mixed in with Selects and CA Route 1s for early 2021 delivery. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in too.

4) Production will begin before everyone converts to an order. Once your order is received and production has started for your trim level you'll be put into the next available spot in the production queue and prioritized by timestamp.

Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle too long on your ordering. If you want a Select it is uncertain if dawdling will matter as we don't know when they will start into production of Selects.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
I am sure there is a FAQ that answers this, but I can't seem to find it. Will the build/delivery queue be based on the reservation number (earliest reservations first) or order date (those who convert to orders first).

If deliveries are based on my reservation number (for a Select 10012862) I would likely wait to convert to an order until near the deadline in December.

If deliveries are based on when I convert to an order, then I would likely convert to an order today.

Is this confirmed/described somewhere? Thanks!
I had a much higher reservation number. The order site just says to convert your order soon to be one of the first. Nothing to indicate priority.

I read it as any reservation holder that makes an order may be ahead of the general public that places orders. I also think anyone who orders before July 30 will get their cars first, regardless of the reservation number.

i also see that they changed the Select and Route 1 deliveries back to ‘late 2020’ on the website.

anyone have concrete facts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Best guess:
1) All FEs have to convert by 31 July. They will definitely be delivered first among the customer units. They will probably all be produced by reservation timestamp order since orders will be in well before production starts.

2) Premium production will begin immediately after the FE and production will be by timestamp order.

3) Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium reservations (before 31 December) will be honored and they will be mixed in with Selects and CA Route 1s for early 2021 delivery. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in too.

4) Production will begin before everyone converts to an order. Once your order is received and production has started for your trim level you'll be put into the next available spot in the production queue and prioritized by timestamp.

Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle too long on your ordering. If you want a Select it is uncertain if dawdling will matter as we don't know when they will start into production of Selects.
Quick question, what would happen if i dont convert my premium reservation soon. i didnt see a lapse date for my reservation in the faqs.
Detailed context, The thing is by some strange twist of fate, we are planning on closing on a house in the month of december and so i would like to get the MME after that.
Basically, i want to if and how i can get a premium in the month of January or so.
My biggest fear is that i will have to wait till the next phase of production because the planned 50k units wud have been sold/ shipped to US/EU.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
Quick question, what would happen if i dont convert my premium reservation soon. i didnt see a lapse date for my reservation in the faqs.
Detailed context, The thing is by some strange twist of fate, we are planning on closing on a house in the month of december and so i would like to get the MME after that.
Basically, i want to if and how i can get a premium in the month of January or so.
My biggest fear is that i will have to wait till the next phase of production because the planned 50k units wud have been sold/ shipped to US/EU.
Any thoughts?
Thank you
The FE expire July 30, 2020. Others (excluding GT) expire Dec 31, 2020.

please see the quick guide in the following thread:
Mach-E Reservation Quick Guide

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
The FE expire July 30, 2020. Others (excluding GT) expire Dec 31, 2020.

please see the quick guide in the following thread:
Mach-E Reservation Quick Guide
If you wait until late December to place your order, it will go into the production queue. That means you would not receive it until January at the soonest as it would have to be produced and delivered.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks this helps. I guess I was concerned about losing my place in the 50,000 units for this year if I order late. There may be no way to confirm this though.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
Thanks this helps. I guess I was concerned about losing my place in the 50,000 units for this year if I order late. There may be no way to confirm this though.
Keep your eye out for order numbers from Ford, i’m sure if they are doing well we will hear about it.
If it proves popular, maybe they will try to get their hands on additional batteries.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can someone confirm if it is 50k units this year or 50k units in the first year of production? I think it is the latter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From a Jan 3, 2020 NewsWheel article -
Ford Motor Company CEO Jim Hackett spoke recently at a luncheon for Ford engineering retirees, addressing the latest product to join the automaker’s lineup: the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. There, he confirmed that the first 2021 model year production run will be capped around 50,000 units.

My understanding from other articles is that the 50,000 unit 2021 model year cap is based on planned battery volume (although presumably all component/supplier planning is the same) and that this is global for the 2021 model year. Only a fraction will be produced in the 2020 calendar year, primarily First Editions.

I am assuming ChasingCoral's answer is correct, but would really like to confirm it if possible. I am mainly trying to understand what exactly the reservation conversion by December 31, 2020 means. The suggestion seems to be that the reservation gives one some assurance (although plainly stated not a guarantee) of getting one of the 50,000 if the reservation is converted to an order by Dec 31. Separate from the assurance of getting a car, the timing of the order adjusted by the manufacturing plans with FEs first, then Premiums, etc... then presumably determines actual deliveries.

If that is true, it would suggest that Ford might have to stop taking orders at some point because the reservation holders haven't converted yet and the 50,000 limit is reached. Alternatively, it would suggest that the reservation holders might get bumped as the orders approach the planned volume. It is this alternative that gives me pause and would have me convert my reservation now rather than waiting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts