Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who reserved a Mach E right after the global release event or will soon?

I wonder if Ford will send out any Mach E swag to these reservation holders?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to try to get one today. Will buy the GT model. Would really like to know full pricing and all available options. Has anyone seen an ordering book yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reserved a GT model last night and received a call from the dealer stating the car will be ready around March. I will see the sales rep tomorrow for more details.
Jim Scully

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reserved a GT model last night and received a call from the dealer stating the car will be ready around March.
...of 2021.

When the reveal concluded, Mach-E was not listed in the "Electrics" section of Ford.com and a search on "mach-e" returned no results (brilliant!), but I found the link on the forum and after multiple failures of the site to update my profile and charge my card, I managed to reserve a Carbonized Gray GT.

That said, I am disappointed that nothing about towing capacity was mentioned during the reveal. If it's an SUV that can't pull a moderate load, then for the money, why not get a CPO Tesla with superior warranty?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was going to reserve a GT until I got to the interior selection and found that black is all they have listed. Black gets way too hot in southern California.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I reserved a GT model last night and received a call from the dealer stating the car will be ready around March. I will see the sales rep tomorrow for more details.
Jim Scully
March? Did they mean March of 2021? The standard car isn't supposed to be available until LATE 2020, with the GT in 2021. What dealer?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Right after the unveil, reserved a Premium Extended Range in Star White Metallic. Ford knows what they are doing, and knows the demographic they are after. I currently own a 2015 Camaro SS 1LE manual transmission as my weekend car, and a Honda Pilot SUV as the family car. This Mach E seems designed for people like me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently own a 2015 Camaro SS 1LE manual transmission as my weekend car, and a Honda Pilot SUV as the family car. This Mach E seems designed for people like me.
Interestingly low number of reservations here. I’m curious when you say, “This Mach E seems designed for people like me,” what are you suggesting?

The SS suggests you think the Mach-E is a performance vehicle? But the Honda makes me think you’re sensible with your money. I’m struggling to find the correlation between those two vehicles and the Mach-E.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Both! I do not think it is directly a performance vehicle. That said, I think they did put asthetics and performance above things like efficiency. What I mean about people like me is, a person who like performance and styling "bang for the buck" who also have families.

Yes, I could buy a Model X but for literally 2x the price of this vehicle.

It Stokes my "performance and styling" bug (admitting that style is subjective of course) but also gives me a vehicle that I can put the kids on, and is only about 10k more than my current SUV.

So, both accounts -- it is performance, relative to other similar priced SUVs and sensibility .. e.g., can haul kids around and have fun doing it at a reasonable 50k ish price point.

I'm not a Mustang purist, so it doesn't bother me what they are naming it.

Last, it gets me into an electric vehicle at a reasonable price.

It hits on all cylinders (pun intended) for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You think $60k for a Ford is reasonable? After TTL and ADM, you’re easily over $70k. The tax incentives is vanishing in CA for anything over $60k, and the federal incentive isn’t going to be extended either, because Americans are tired of subsidizing luxury vehicles for the wealthiest among us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Compared to 110k for a Model X, yes. Compared to an Edge, no. Compared to a loaded Explorer, maybe. It just depends on where you come from. My reservation is for only 10k more than my Honda, and I like what I see in the Mach E.

For me, personally, the 10k more over what I have now really strikes a chord for what Ford claims I will get. Their marketing team clearly had my picture on the wall when they designed the thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh, I should add I'm in Texas, surrounded by millions of folks who regularly pay > 50k for giant "Texas Edition" Ford pickups, so that is also my comparison vector. That in mind, I'm surrounded by $60k Ford's 😁

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, at least the Ford trucks are actually worth the price, instead of being bloated by the tax incentive. Or did you think Ford didn’t calculate that into the price by simply adding it on top? See Tesla price drops when their incentives decreased.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made a reservation right after the reveal with a confirmation number in the 5000's if they are using increasing numbers for reservations.
I have a Model 3 that has been a fun car to own and drive. By the time the Mach-E arrives it will be this time next year at the earliest so my Model 3 will be close to car trading time for me.
Not looking forward to Ford's iteration of navigation. I'm a Ford guy but their maps are always about 3 years behind reality.
The battery sizes seem pretty large for the stated range. Sounds inefficient. Tesla's software is going to be hard to beat. I'm not worried about full self driving. That won't be available for many more years on any car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will be a difficult, but worthwhile wait
I wonder if you’ll be able to still get the tax incentive by the time some trims are available in quantity. I mean, there’s only 200k incentives per dealer and the Focus electric, Fusion Energi and C-Max Energi have already been cutting into that number at Ford for a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I reserved First Edition last night. Wife drives a Model S, but we need an SUV/crossover as well and I hate the Model X and not a fan looks/interior of the Model 3/Y so hoping Ford figures out how to become a tech company FAST!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts