Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we will be purchasing our MME and intend to hold on to it for a bit, we're seriously considering some sort of paint protection, at least ceramic coating, possibly a combination of paint protection film and ceramic coating.

While I've not gotten these for my previous vehicles, a lot of folks rave about how easy it is to wash the car, keep the car clean, how much the better it looks...

$500-$2000 depending on the package is a bit steep but maybe well worth it. Particularly with all the salt/road grime here in the Northeast.

Any experience with these here?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm definitely getting a good 2 stage ceramic coat put on. Not all (quote) "Ceramic coats" are created equal. Just not sure if I'm doing the PPF on the Mach-e.

My wife got the front half on her Explorer and I think it's really worth it especially if you're holding on to it for a while.

I want to get a full PPF on the 2021 Bronco just to avoid "Trail stripes" but I digress.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can't do PPF in this particular part of Hawaii due to the high heat and intense tropical sun almost year-round (unless you restrict your driving to the few temperate areas). The PPF will age and become useless extremely fast (a few months). Ceramic coating for me (whenever it arrives).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since we will be purchasing our MME and intend to hold on to it for a bit, we're seriously considering some sort of paint protection, at least ceramic coating, possibly a combination of paint protection film and ceramic coating.

While I've not gotten these for my previous vehicles, a lot of folks rave about how easy it is to wash the car, keep the car clean, how much the better it looks...

$500-$2000 depending on the package is a bit steep but maybe well worth it. Particularly with all the salt/road grime here in the Northeast.

Diogenes,

You're on the right track considering PPF and Ceramic Coating. If you're thinking about doing both, it's important to note that PPF should always go on first. Never put PPF on top of ceramic coating. PPF is the best solution for rock chip and scratch protection. Ceramic coatings are the best solution for enhanced appearance and ease of maintenance. If you want both then do both, but if so, always do PPF first then ceramic coating.

As far as pricing goes, it will vary based on the installer due to labor rates, overhead, etc but here are some general prices to expect.

PPF - Paint Protection Film AKA Clear Bra General Pricing. Protect the high-impact areas of your vehicle.
  • Full Front End: full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors. $1,895 - $2,495
  • Full Front + Rocker Panels: package above plus protection along the rocker panels and behind the rear tire. $2,495 - $3,195
  • Full Vehicle Protection: full-body protection $5,995 - $9,995 +
Ceramic Coating General Pricing. This will vary greatly based on the condition of the paint and the amount of paint correction that will be needed. It will also vary based on how much of the vehicle is protected with PPF as you don't have to paint correct PPF.
- $1,500 - $3,000

We hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any questions or have anything we can help with.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts

Tough question for me right now. I had PPF on my Jag F Type for three years in Las Vegas heat and UV on British Racing Green (Dark) and it held up. However a good friend who is a regular Porsche 911 owner advised that based on initial cost and cost of removal if necessary he was told by a dealer that it may be less expensive to repair the occasional (if any) rock dings. I've ordered the $600 Star White option and it's most likely a more difficult (costly) paint to repair so I'll try and research some more information once it gets closer. I'm not familiar with ceramic coating so there to I'll do a search.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tough question for me right now. I had PPF on my Jag F Type for three years in Las Vegas heat and UV on British Racing Green (Dark) and it held up. However a good friend who is a regular Porsche 911 owner advised that based on initial cost and cost of removal if necessary he was told by a dealer that it may be less expensive to repair the occasional (if any) rock dings. I've ordered the $600 Star White option and it's most likely a more difficult (costly) paint to repair so I'll try and research some more information once it gets closer. I'm not familiar with ceramic coating so there to I'll do a search.
What brand do you have?

I want to put PPF as the rocks have just killed my C-Max.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
708 Posts

To those of us who intend to lease, another extra expense avoided!

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
211 Posts
Really would like to do it, but I am at the top of my budget with just the car . . . tough to spend that kind of cash and justify it to your spouse.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
Based on the video and my choice of color Star White, I don't believe that Ceramic Coating is in my future.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
708 Posts
Based on the video and my choice of color Star White, I don't believe that Ceramic Coating is in my future.
On the Mercedes Forum people are talking between $2,500 and $3,500 to do a ceramic coating.

You can get your car detailed every six months for $300 (inside and out) for six years for the same price.

I agree: not for me even if I did not lease.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im going with front ppf. not sure about ceramic coating just because of our winters the salt and gravel might actually remove it but I might do it on the rest of the car. Its a very time consuming process.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts