Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. My name's Tish, and I have a YouTube channel called EVGRL.TV.

I also have a reservation for a Mach E, and I just posted a video explaining the reasons I chose the Mach E over the Tesla Model Y:

I hope you agree with me that the Mach E should be the better choice, but I'm interested in any feedback.

THX
Tish
Your EVGRL
www.evgrl.tv

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome Tish. For me the Mach E is a better choice financially, more than any technical reasons. For one, the tesla standard range will be a long while in coming, and who knows at what price. Even if it matches list of the Select RWD, the $7500 still available for buying ford is a huge difference. From a daily ownership experience, the Tesla is MUCH more expensive to insure, at least here in new jersey it is 60% higher than another comparable car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Tim.

Haven't even thought about insurance. I should look into that.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I do have to agree with you about the lack of credibility with Tesla - in addition to Elon Musk being loose with the truth, I am not a fan of the poor service inherent in the internet business model. There's a lot to be said for having a nearby dealer with service facilities that have or can get parts quickly, with real service techs right in front of you. The thing Tesla has done really well is build out their infrastructure, but since it is a closed network you are at his mercy if he decides it is time to start generating more revenue from charging. Although Electrify America is effectively a monopoly today for truly fast charging, widespread adoption of non-tesla BEV's will foster plenty of competition.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi Tish! Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here!!!

Keep us posted on your delivery info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts