Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of us who live in warm areas (Florida here) want not just heated BUT COOLED seats. Why can’t Ford offer this on the Mach e? I order a First Edition and was disappointed when I found out this was not on this model. Ford offers cooled seats on the regular Mustang. Come on Ford...offer cooled seats or are you following Tesla by not offering them?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feel ya ... I'm in central Texas and when I first saw the "Active X" perforated seats, I thought / hoped there might be a cooled seat option, but no dice. That said, when I dug for more info on the "Active X" it is supposed to be material that feels better / cooler. This same material is apparently in a couple other Ford vehicles recently released ... hope at least one person on this forum has experience with them and can comment!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cooled seats are a handy feature. Rima and I enjoy them in our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, we had fabric seats in our 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230K, and those were also comfortable in hot southern California weather. We replaced the C230K with a 2017 BMW 340iGT which has leather seats which are not cooled. We found that car with just 5,000 miles on it, so the deal was too good to instead order one with the ventilated seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like the vehicle will have both heated and cooled seats.
Fast-forward to the 2:00 mark and watch the demonstrator move the temp gauge up and down. The icon below his finger is a fan above the seat and the icon above his finger is the seat with a warmth coil.

·
Registered
17 Posts
someone mentioned elsewhere the demo is for sync4 not specifically the mach-e, so it may be just showing the generic option of cooled and heated seats.

of course, i hope ford does include cooled seats. cooled seats and heated steering wheel would be a competitive advantage over tesla's model y

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had heated/cooled seats for probably 5-6 year on various cars in Kansas (so it gets 100+ regularly during the summer). I think i used them like 3 times. To me it always felt weird and didn't do much. Felt more "wet" than anything. Maybe that's because I was sweating .. but to me it's acceptable to not have them. Now the Heated seats are required and the heated wheel is a huge selling point from a Tesla.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I live in Cali 2 hours north of LA. My 2017 Fusion AWD Sport came with both heated/cooled seats. I received info on the Mach E from ford stating that by using accessories like heated steering wheel and heated seats it s less energy then using the actual car heater. I had no idea but I started doing it on my car this past winter and son of a gun, I actually got like 1 MPG more. It was also much more comfortable not having hot air blown on your face or hands. I love these options now

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in CA and while I’d definitely like a heated seat option, being able to start the AC remotely before entering the car would do the job just fine

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a brand-new Ford Edge with cooled seats and wasn't impressed. It was my first car with cooled seats, so I don't know if they just sucked, or if something was wrong with them. In Ford's defense, I traded in the vehicle after 8 months of ownership and never really found out if there was a problem or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We do not know yet I thought if it does/does not. I have them in my ford and true they do not work as well as the heated option as I too live in Cali but I think of it more as I do not swear on my back when driving as I would if I do not use them.
When you reserved the Mach E there were really no options except trim level and color. I am hoping that when it comes time to order we can get options like tire/wheel size and panoramic roof or not. I have always had the panoramic roof but never use it. It is also very heavy. Not having it would effect both cost and driving range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We do not know yet I thought if it does/does not. I have them in my ford and true they do not work as well as the heated option as I too live in Cali but I think of it more as I do not swear on my back when driving as I would if I do not use them.
When you reserved the Mach E there were really no options except trim level and color. I am hoping that when it comes time to order we can get options like tire/wheel size and panoramic roof or not. I have always had the panoramic roof but never use it. It is also very heavy. Not having it would effect both cost and driving range.
I'm in the UK and ordered a First Edition. My 2016 Mustang GT had cooled seats as standard. When I saw the Mache E in the flesh, the First Edition had perforated seats. I asked Ford UK if that meant cooled seats and they replied No, sorry!

I hope Ford change their minds. This should be a top spec vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts