Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading specs of other EV’s, namely Tesla, and wonder what the chances of Ford being able to significantly extend ranges via over the air updates. Is anyone technical enough to estimate how many more miles could be squeezed out of the batteries? I’m most interested in the ER AWD version.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I keep reading specs of other EV’s, namely Tesla, and wonder what the chances of Ford being able to significantly extend ranges via over the air updates. Is anyone technical enough to estimate how many more miles could be squeezed out of the batteries? I’m most interested in the ER AWD version.
2 levers....
  1. When owners start reporting back real world range, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. Particularly the reporting from the South.
  2. Ford will continue to refine their firmware over the next year. While I don't think there'll be big range increases, I think ~10%+ may be attenable.
I keep thinking of this article. 300 miles with 14% charge remaining:

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Ford may also decide the battery-resilience is better than estimated. If it is, they may release some of the 10% buffer for actual driving use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts