Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just joined! Not sure if someone has the answer, went to the Montreal Auto Show and no one could answer me. My dealer answered, but I'm not convinced about his answer.

Basically, if you live in Quebec, and if you were to buy the MachE TODAY,even the first Edition Model would grant you 8,000$ in subventions. If you look at this website: https vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/english/rabais/ve-neuf/programme-rabais-vehicule-neuf.asp You'll notice that starting April 1st 2020, the amount allowed for the 8,000$ drops to starting MSRP of below 60,000$. - Not available for the First Edition anymore.

Tesla gets away with this by having only 1 Model and then everything becomes a package. Technically, the MachE First Edition is a different model then the Premium. If you look at the numbers, the Premium is currently set at an MSRP of 59,000$. Which would give it the ability to get access to the 8,000$. Add on that the Extended Range and 4WD and you pretty much have a First Edition, but 8,000$ cheaper without the badges. Talking to the Dealer, he was telling me that the Premium + the 2 options made it a different model so would still not be eligible for the 8,000$. I find this strange.

I have a First Edition already to my name. But if I could save 8,000$, that would be about 10% of the price of the vehicle and I wouldn't mind getting a Premium + packages, over the first Edition at that point.

And if all this is true, why isn't Ford not going the Tesla route? Just make a Ford MachE, no specific models, just put everything as an option so that everyone can get access to the extra 8,000$ rebate given by the government. You can see here: https vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/english/rabais/ve-neuf/vehicules-neufs-admissibles.asp That the Model 3 all models, can take the 8,000$ even if the price, with options, can go over the 75,000$. I don't know if Tesla made a special deal with the government of Quebec or not?

Anyone knows more about any of this?

·
Registered
186 Posts
There are similar issues in other places - for example California and NJ limit the MSRP for rebates. I don't think Ford is going to play games like Tesla, but they might. You might have to order a premium edition instead of first if you need to take advantage of the incentive

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with you to get a basic Mach-E and customize it to get the discount. Let see when we will get the final prices next summer maybe we could get a surprise!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts