Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford is said to be working on a electric Mustang coupe for the 7th generation. When it arrives after 2022, would you consider owning one along with your Mach-E SUV? Expectations are high for it considering what the Mach-E accomplished, so it will be an experience to look forward to.

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
If I didn't need a vehicle now, I probably would have waited for the coupe. I prefer smaller vehicles myself. I still think this cuv mustang is going to be nice though. I'd be curious if the range would be better in a coupe.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'd be interested but the issue is that we still need road trip vehicle that gets us to central Vermont and back in Winter.
So with the MME and the Coupe... There's not room for another car in the stable.
This could change if the charging infrastructure in Vermont improves significantly over the next couple of years.

As far as the rumors... You can bet Ford... will milk the MME platform in a big way over the next several years. I'd bet on a coupe and a convertible happening. They do have to be careful as not to encroach ICE Mustang sales too much.

As far as milking the platform... I think the touch panel and sync tech from the MME will make its way to the rest of the Ford fleet. Enjoy your physical climate and radio switchgear while you can. As volume drives down the cost for the touch screen they are gone.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Speculation renderings look nice, but its too small and low for me.
I am sure the NotaMustang fans will find something to complain about.

·
Registered
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
321 Posts
I'm expecting a lot of competition to be on dealer's lots to choose from in 2022

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Speculation renderings look nice, but its too small and low for me.
I am sure the NotaMustang fans will find something to complain about.
For me... The crazy acceleration in EVs after a while becomes nothing more than a party trick.
What I'm looking for is the engaging, connected, driving experience of a V8 (or I6), RWD, manual, limited slip coupe.
That said... This is where some of the modern sports cars fail.. not sure when the trend started but I recall almost everyone who drove a GTR/Godzilla commenting something like "the car doesn't need you".

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts