Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2021 Mustang Mach e Select AWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a suitable winter cover for the charge port while charging outside in the elements? I have been looking on line and there are magnetic ones available but when I tested the fender it didn't see to be of suitable material for magnets to hold.
We had a bit of snow this week and I found that ice built up in the port with the potential to prevent the hatch from closing properly. Freezing rain would be worse. (no I don't have access to a garage, I wish)

· Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone found a suitable winter cover for the charge port while charging outside in the elements? I have been looking on line and there are magnetic ones available but when I tested the fender it didn't see to be of suitable material for magnets to hold.
We had a bit of snow this week and I found that ice built up in the port with the potential to prevent the hatch from closing properly. Freezing rain would be worse. (no I don't have access to a garage, I wish)
I was thinking about this issue too, even though I'd probably need it was less often than you down here in Northern Va. Was considering putting out a patio umbrella that I only open when needed.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
This is the one I bought. Not quite as easy as the magnetic for steel, but fairly simple.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the one I bought. Not quite as easy as the magnetic for steel, but fairly simple.
Interesting. I can't find it on Amazon.co though.

· Premium Member
89 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jamie, here is one on Amazon Canada.
So this is what I crafted to hopefully do the job. Im not too sure how it will stand up to a big wind and blowing snow but time will tell.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey... Just curious... I bought one of those suction covers and it won't stick to my car... The suction cups work, I tried on other surfaces... Is it working for you and if so how are u getting it to stay suctioned? Thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts