Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
MME Premium 4X Rapid Red
64 Posts
I just had to go browse through the data and noticed that someone is trading if a Ford Contour. Haven't seen one of those on the road in years.
Wow. I had the first model year of the Contour. Five speed manual transmission. It was one of my favorite cars.

·
Registered
MME Premium 4X Rapid Red
64 Posts
I didn’t have the SVT. I had an SE in 1995. It was a fun car to drive with a very European feel. I went to Wikipedia and the Contour and Mystique were actually produced in part at the same plant that is doing the MME. That was another car I ordered before even driving it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just had to go browse through the data and noticed that someone is trading if a Ford Contour. Haven't seen one of those on the road in years.
Yep, it's a 95 V-6 with 165,000 miles. Mechanically it's in great shape except for AC needing maintenance. But it's so old it has the OBD I emissions system and the leg room is a bit lacking for a 6' 2” body. I decided it was time to treat myself and move way ahead in technology!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discuss the Mach-E reservation tracker here.

The Tesla Cybertruck community has compiled a very useful pre-order tracker spreadsheet just like this one, with more than 1400 people contributing from all over the world. I noticed we don't have anything like this in the Mach-E community, so I decided to create the spreadsheet myself.

Please add an entry with details about where your Mach-E will be going and which model you chose.

LINK to order tracker: Worldwide Mach-E Reservation Tracker

Step 1: Add entry where appropriate
Step 2: Confirm entry in discussion thread so we can keep this thread and the tracker active
Step 3: Share with other Ford Mustang Mach-E reservation holders so we can add more data points
Just added my info

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, the reservation number has no impact. I assume, everyone will get the mail to order his car at the same time. than they will check: 20.000 for US and 30.000 for Europe. the first one will win.

maybe the will first sell premium cars with the extended range battery as all other doing like Tesla or Hyundai.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, the reservation number has no impact. I assume, everyone will get the mail to order his car at the same time. than they will check: 20.000 for US and 30.000 for Europe. the first one will win.

maybe the will first sell premium cars with the extended range battery as all other doing like Tesla or Hyundai.
Wonder where you got that info.
Have you thought about why Ford called it the "First Edition Model" ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
First Edition is special. you have been able to order them, okay. maybe some people don't want to get them because of different reasons and reserved a different model. nevertheless, in summer they will place to chance to order for all. hopefully first the reservation one. but still, there will be no car available for test drive before. to order a car without any feeling? I've driven the Hyundai Kona 1.6 and placed the order for the electric. I got a feeling of the car. Let's have a cup of tea and see.

·
Registered
294 Posts

The reservation number has no direct impact, but since lower numbers occurred earlier in time and the combination of model and reservation date determines delivery the order number is an indirect indicator of when your ordered car will be manufactured. While they will certainly "batch" production runs for Europe to maximize shipping efficiency, I think it likely they will still interleave production of deliveries for the EU and NA such that both will start to get deliveries at about the same time. Scheduling has to begin before production, so it also matters if you turn your reservation into a firm order before or after the initial schedule is made. While it is absolutely clear that the first editions will be the first manufactured, it logically follows that the ER AWD premiums could be made concurrently with the FE since they are virtually identical (other than trim pieces). This is supported by statements from Darren Palmer and others (as well is info in press releases and on the website) that the FE and premiums would BEGIN delivery in the fourth quarter of 2020. However, I have seen statements from a marketing exec (don't remember which) that they would also try to deliver some of the other models in late 2020, but that seemed more like a statement to placate those who've ordered other trims than a real commitment. He also said that all markets would get deliveries in 2020, for what that's worth.

There is a lot we don't know, including the actual split between north america and europe; the only "facts" we have were delivery targets and a handful of interviews from before covid-19. The 20k/30k split came from a rumor and AFAIK has never been confirmed in an interview with an executive.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
329 Posts

We have heard multiple interviews with Ford execs saying that while the reservation number doesn't control delivery, the date of reservation does, which is close to but not exactly in the order of the reservations. They seemed to be assigning reservation numbers across a few thousand numbers at a time. The reservation tracker clearly shows numbers from 4000-7999 were being assigned out of order but probably in order within batches. That means 6001 may have been issued before 4555. However, the numbers do ratchet up quickly, being over 10,000 within a day or so. So, date and time provide the real order of reservations not numbers but reservation numbers do show the order at a broader level.

Of course, how reservation date influences delivery only applies within car categories, with the First Edition coming out right after dealer demos and test models, then the Premium, then the Select, then the GTs. So, we don't know how delivery timing will vary between a Premium with reservation 40,000 vs. a Select with reservation 6,000. It may even be possible that a reservation 40,000 Premium could come out before a GT with reservation 6,000.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
329 Posts
Of course, there is one other wild card: EU regulations. We know Ford has obligations to deliver a certain number of cars to EU customers in 2020. Whether the EU allows such things to slip due to Covid-19 is unknown, but assuming Ford has to stick to caps established pre-Covid that may shift some EU reservations ahead of some US reservations, probably within Mach E categories. Ford may also schedule earlier production of EU cars first to get those on ships, presumably a longer transit time (train &/or truck to port, ship transit, train &/or truck to dealer) than US deliveries (truck or train & truck). Such scheduling could result in first deliveries in EU and US to coincide.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts