Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
715 Posts
Have one on order though I really would like to upgrade to iconic blue first edition
Hang tight!

Without a true lease plan many, myself included, will not covert their orders to purchases. I suspect dealers will have for sale First Editions in all colors including grabber blue.

·
Registered
715 Posts
And those that do will be charging a hefty ADM!
REALLY!

With Ford already reducing the price, offering incentives and other manufacturers offering BEV at a lower price anyone willing to pay an ADM:

"I have a bridge connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan for sale that I can sell you!"
On the contrary I expect dealers to be selling the MachE below MSRP!

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
REALLY!

With Ford already reducing the price, offering incentives and other manufacturers offering BEV at a lower price anyone willing to pay an ADM:

"I have a bridge connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan for sale that I can sell you!"

I don’t think there will be many Mach-E sitting on the dealers lots like you predict, at least not until 2022. At its current pace (1000/week), I believe production won’t exceed immediate demand until then. They probably could increase output to 1500/week and still not have dealer stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
REALLY!

The price reduction was more of a correction. When i compare what I was getting as a price here in Canada vs US last month, we were cheaper here than the U.S. not sure y but now its even so take that price drop with a grain of salt. It was more of a correction.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don’t think there will be many Mach-E sitting on the dealers lots like you predict, at least not until 2022. At its current pace (1000/week), I believe production won’t exceed immediate demand until then. They probably could increase output to 1500/week and still not have dealer stock.
The price reduction was more of a correction. When i compare what I was getting as a price here in Canada vs US last month, we were cheaper here than the U.S. not sure y but now its even so take that price drop with a grain of salt. It was more of a correction.

To date:

• $3,000 price reduction. 6%. That is more than a "price correction"
  • First Edition "sold out". Opps not sold out. Ford opened up FE for orders.
  • You can order a MME now for delivery
  • Expect further reduction in the price of Tesla Model Y
  • VW ID4 AWD under $45,000
  • Audi Q4, priced at under $50,000 first quarter of 2021
  • Under latest bulletin dealers have ability to discount from MSRP price of MME
So I expect many reservations/orders will not be converted to sales. Dealers will have MME available.

In any event in 60 to 90 days we will find out!

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
To date:

So I expect many reservations/orders will not be converted to sales. Dealers will have MME available.

If price is everything in making your decision, you may be sorely disappointed. It will not have price-parity with a Ford Edge any time soon, the batteries are too costly at this time.

Purchase decisions will depend more on the reviews and test drives. And if the EPA numbers meet or exceed the targets.

At 50k units per year target worldwide, it seems delusional to think there will be many, if any, on lots. Like I posted earlier, i think it will be 2022 before you see a few MMe in dealer stock.

Time will tell, walk away from your MMe if you wish, someone else will gladly buy it. I speak for myself and many others on this site, we will be enjoying our Mustang Mach-Es when we take delivery.

As you said, time will tell. If things don’t work out in your favor, Good luck with your Model Y.

Reactions: Maric

·
Registered
715 Posts
If price is everything in making your decision, you may be sorely disappointed. It will not have price-parity with a Ford Edge any time soon, the batteries are too costly at this time.

Purchase decisions will depend more on the reviews and test drives. And if the EPA numbers meet or exceed the targets.

At 50k units per year target worldwide, it seems delusional to think there will be many, if any, on lots. Like I posted earlier, i think it will be 2022 before you see a few MMe in dealer stock.

Time will tell, walk away from your MMe if you wish, someone else will gladly buy it. I speak for myself and many others on this site, we will be enjoying our Mustang Mach-Es when we take delivery.

As you said, time will tell. If things don’t work out in your favor, Good luck with your Model Y.
I think we can all agree that Tesla has a cult like following.

No other popular priced car has that. We on this forum make up a tiny fraction of the buying public - less than 2,000.

We are in a bubble - enthusiasts for BEV's. We do not represent the general buying public who still considers BEV's, overly expensive, impractical and impossible for road trips.

Have you spoken to your friends about the MME? I have and among them are Tesla owners. Only one, a Land Rover and Audi dealer even knows about the MME. No one else does - and from the comments on this forum that even includes Ford Dealers as well!

Among the general public, including Ford dealers, never mind that there is a lack of enthusiasm for the MME, even worse there is total lack of knowledge or interest.

Except for us here, the MME is a non entity.

As you correctly point out:

"It will not have price-parity with a Ford Edge any time soon,"
IMO, price is still the #1 driving force in the decision making process in buying an automobile. For 95% of people, after a home, a car is their second most expensive investment. So price is important.

As compared to an ICE, the MME is too expensive.

The potential buyers who can afford the MME, they now, and in the very near future, will have cheaper and some would say better options.

I think it is a fair statement to say that when people think of electric vehicles that excite they think of Tesla: Not the GM Bolt, the Audi eTron or the Nissan Leaf.

The Model Y is the EV car the vast majority of people want. It is the industry standard and leader. Even today there is a wait time to get one. When the Model Y has longer range, quicker charging time, proven OTA updates, proven resale value and far superior national charging system and leases out for hundred of dollars less than a MME I think it is delusional to say about the MME, that there will "not be many, if any, on lots."

Let us agree to disagree.

In any event in a short time we will find out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think we can all agree that Tesla has a cult like following.

No other popular priced car has that. We on this forum make up a tiny fraction of the buying public - less than 2,000.

We are in a bubble - enthusiasts for BEV's. We do not represent the general buying public who still considers BEV's, overly expensive, impractical and impossible for road trips.

Have you spoken to your friends about the MME? I have and among them are Tesla owners. Only one, a Land Rover and Audi dealer even knows about the MME. No one else does - and from the comments on this forum that even includes Ford Dealers as well!

Among the general public, including Ford dealers, never mind that there is a lack of enthusiasm for the MME, even worse there is total lack of knowledge or interest.

Except for us here, the MME is a non entity.

As you correctly point out:

"It will not have price-parity with a Ford Edge any time soon,"
IMO, price is still the #1 driving force in the decision making process in buying an automobile. For 95% of people, after a home, a car is their second most expensive investment. So price is important.

As compared to an ICE, the MME is too expensive.

The potential buyers who can afford the MME, they now, and in the very near future, will have cheaper and some would say better options.

I think it is a fair statement to say that when people think of electric vehicles that excite they think of Tesla: Not the GM Bolt, the Audi eTron or the Nissan Leaf.

The Model Y is the EV car the vast majority of people want. It is the industry standard and leader. Even today there is a wait time to get one. When the Model Y has longer range, quicker charging time, proven OTA updates, proven resale value and far superior national charging system and leases out for hundred of dollars less than a MME I think it is delusional to say about the MME, that there will "not be many, if any, on lots."

Let us agree to disagree.

In any event in a short time we will find out.

I think the Y is a car that everybody wants because there's no other options. All my friends know about the MME but none are ready to make the jump to EV even though some want to. Once ppl see this car i think many will think twice b4 buying a Y. Wait u til more EV's are available. Dont forget the MME is limited run. Its rare for prices to go down when a car is so limited world wide. If there are no major issues with the car i think they will be scarce.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
A necessary step leading to the ubiquity and affordability of electric vehicles is the existence of early adopters like this group. Both the public and the manufacturers need to see the demand for & practical use of EVs demonstrated, so they become comfortable with the concept.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the Y is a car that everybody wants because there's no other options. All my friends know about the MME but none are ready to make the jump to EV even though some want to. Once ppl see this car i think many will think twice b4 buying a Y. Wait u til more EV's are available. Dont forget the MME is limited run. Its rare for prices to go down when a car is so limited world wide. If there are no major issues with the car i think they will be scarce.
Yes, I think there just aren't many options for people who want an EV that isn't an econobox or a marked up model from a luxury brand. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who just wanted a car company to take a swing at Tesla, and along came Ford.

I agree it will likely be scarce. Dealers don't start marking down cars unless the sit for months.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
Let’s just wait and see how many dealers have First Editions on their lots to sell and what they go for. I’m being high ADM.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Let’s just wait and see how many dealers have First Editions on their lots to sell and what they go for. I’m being high ADM.
As I have posted without an attractive lease option I will not be taking delivery.

My order is for a First Edition Rapid Red.

If there is no lease option and someone wants me car, please private message me. I am on Long Island, New York.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was all for the Model Y. Held off because of nightmare delivery fit and finish posts on Tesla forums which I followed for years. Then last week, survey came out that Tesla has the worst reliability only second to Range Rover. Go Y if you wish. But good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To date:

Well, confirmation of over 54,000 confirmed North America orders came today. Other than Norway, orders in Europe haven’t even happened yet. Plus there are about 18,000 GT reservations which also haven’t been opened up yet.

So offhand I’d say there won’t be cars hanging around a dealers lot waiting to be bought.

Just as a reminder the original North American allotment was 20,000 units — including the GT.

The price cuts were to prevent defection is all, nothing more.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well, confirmation of over 54,000 confirmed North America orders came today. Other than Norway, orders in Europe haven’t even happened yet. Plus there are about 18,000 GT reservations which also haven’t been opened up yet.

So offhand I’d say there won’t be cars hanging around a dealers lot waiting to be bought.

Just as a reminder the original North American allotment was 20,000 units — including the GT.

The price cuts were to prevent defection is all, nothing more.

Very interesting.

We did you get this information:

"Well, confirmation of over 54,000 confirmed North America orders came today. Other than Norway, orders in Europe haven’t even happened yet. Plus there are about 18,000 GT reservations which also haven’t been opened up yet."

Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm not worried at all about Ford selling all the Mach E's they can build in the short term, nor am I worried about them not doing much advertising for it yet. They are obviously off to a great start, but the key is going to be word of mouth from owners. If owners are ecstatic and spread the word to their friends (and drive them around in the car) it will do well; if there is serious dissatisfaction and major issues it will get around - particularly in the automotive press.

Tesla has developed a cult following strictly through word of mouth and hype in the press; Ford can surely advertise but I think the viral approach is more effective.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts