Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would ABSOLUTELY spend $10K on it....

• When it works. "works" = I can get into the back seat after having a couple of drinks and tell it to drive home.
  • When it's legal. "legal" = I am not liable for FSD getting into accidents.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would ABSOLUTELY spend $10K on it....

• When it works. "works" = I can get into the back seat after having a couple of drinks and tell it to drive home.
  • When it's legal. "legal" = I am not liable for FSD getting into accidents.
At 73 YOA I'm not certain that I have enough time let for those criteria. If I get lucky then I agree with your points. However, driving on the wrong side of a parking garage, stopping for green lights and 'Roundabout' exits is "goofy" and potentially a disaster waiting to happen.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Only if Tesla would agree to pay any and all claims against me.
You would, because technically you would be their contracted employee. Like I am covered driving for my work under the company’s insurance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The article is grossly outdated in that it does not reflect the complete rewrite that is in limited beta testing now. The current pre beta features will no longer be relevant. The upcoming subscription feature and resolution of whether the $10,000 option stays with the car or the buyer should make a decision much easier.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The article is grossly outdated in that it does not reflect the complete rewrite that is in limited beta testing now. The current pre beta features will no longer be relevant. The upcoming subscription feature and resolution of whether the $10,000 option stays with the car or the buyer should make a decision much easier.
The article is in the current issue and is based on real world testing on a Tesla by the CR engineers and doesn't deal with who gets to keep the feature or the overall cost. It's about the functionality or lack thereof. When the Beta is available to all (CU buys their test vehicles) they will include any updates in future articles.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Those folks would have been much better off spending the $10K on TSLA rather then on a Tesla.

Still waiting for that fleet of self driving cabs (if the laws permit)... Hope no one shelled out $10K based on that comment.

·
Registered
632 Posts
At 73 YOA I'm not certain that I have enough time let for those criteria. If I get lucky then I agree with your points. However, driving on the wrong side of a parking garage, stopping for green lights and 'Roundabout' exits is "goofy" and potentially a disaster waiting to happen.
I think the technology side will get there before the legal side. Technology wise, I agree that it doesn't need to be perfect, just safer than the average driver. But on the legal side... If I put enable autonomous driving on my car using it as intended and within legal limits (stay at/below speed limit), I don't the liability to fall on me.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the technology side will get there before the legal side. Technology wise, I agree that it doesn't need to be perfect, just safer than the average driver. But on the legal side... If I put enable autonomous driving on my car using it as intended and within legal limits (stay at/below speed limit), I don't the liability to fall on me.
As a law school dropout, technology generally moves faster than the legal system. Given that vehicles today monitor everything beginning with the 'black boxes' that have been around for decades one day there will be little need for the classic "ambulance chaser" because the vehicle's system like airplane flight recorders and black boxes will be able to be downloaded and used in accident investigations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts