Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
55 Posts
Do you know what the base color was and does it have an effect on the wrap or is the wrap 100% opaque?

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Do you know what the base color was and does it have an effect on the wrap or is the wrap 100% opaque?
Most wraps are opaque. Its more for aesthetics when you open the door and see the original body-color in the jam. people say black is easiest to match with most colors.

I have a Carbonized Gray MMe, which limits my wrap selections for visual appeal. I have to avoid the ROYG portion of the spectrum, and choose from the GBIV side.

There are thousands of options, I’ve never looked into wraps before and was amazed at the selections available.

·
Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
55 Posts
Most wraps are opaque. Its more for aesthetics when you open the door and see the original body-color in the jam. people say black is easiest to match with most colors.

I have a Carbonized Gray MMe, which limits my wrap selections for visual appeal. I have to avoid the ROYG portion of the spectrum, and choose from the GBIV side.

There are thousands of options, I’ve never looked into wraps before and was amazed at the selections available.
Yeah - I also am surprised at what can be done with the wraps. I never have really thought about protecting the car's exterior much before but I plan to try to keep the look of this car up while I own it. I was just going to put a ceramic coat on it but maybe it's worth looking into a full body wrap as well. Personally I was disappointed with the color options available for the MME (that's about the only thing I can say bad about what I know of the car). I would have preferred a dark metallic blue myself.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was just going to put a ceramic coat on it but maybe it's worth looking into a full body wrap as well.
I'm going for the wrap vs. the "ceramic". Got ceramic on the Tesla. Waste of money, worn off after a year. Since I'd put clear protective wrap on the yellow paint if I purchase the GT Cyber Orange, I'd probably save money just getting the entire car wrapped and go with the Premium and the 20 miles more of range...BUT the GT has a solid metal roof which is way better than the trendy but annoying panoramic roofs...tradeoffs.

Got a quote from PDXWraps.com for $3k+ to wrap the MachE in the "Chrome Yellow".

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here's another Mach-E that got wrapped. I love what they did with the grille and taillights.

Brand spankin new Ford Mustang Mach-E in tha garage at home for some accent wrappin! Fresh from @fordofkirkland, hit me up guys to preload another one for your showroom!!!🙏👍👍Pretty cool lil electric car I must say. The pano roof is pretty baller & the seats n door panel inserts are def a upgrade from a Tesla! Owner had a good amount of PPF work done & window tint prior to visiting me. 5th car I’ve worked on for same owner I think. So I wrapped the front grill area with @oracalusa 975 honeycomb black, front bumper lower section with @3mfilms 2080 deep matte black, mirror caps with the new beta version ultra glossy gloss black, smoked the 4x corner lights, rear bumper lower reflectors, bottom 6pc of taillights with @luxeautoconcepts dark smoke, mid smoke on 3rd brake light, honeycomb smoke over the top 6pc of taillights & the thin strips. Then installed a oem hatch trim matte black strip, and debadged the lower door emblems. Alllll came out superb! Owner is super happy with the results as am I. All my work really compliments the other custom PPF & tint work!

http://instagr.am/p/CMi77Pnh_Sg/

·
Registered
2021 MME FE E4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic, AWD
75 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks great. How much? Cost difference to get Cyber Orange in GT is $5k but I'd lose 20 miles of range. If I could wrap for less than $5k, I'd get the Premium and wrap it.

Wraps aren't as shiny as paint, and don't last as long as paint. If you got a GT, increased value is inherent to the more expensive GT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wraps aren't as shiny as paint, and don't last as long as paint. If you got a GT, increased value is inherent to the more expensive GT.
BTW, Cyber Orange has both flake AND pearl in it, which gives it a slight color-shift effect depending on the direction you're looking at it. The Dennison wrap would NOT look as good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts