Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just realized something. If you take a look at footnote 2 on the AZX plan table, it specifies that the incentive listed is not that of Ford financing incentives.

Does this mean if you qualify for Ford Options, you get an additional $2,500 on top of the x-plan incentive?.
Yes. X plan participants get all applicable incentives on top of the plan discount.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,155 Posts
I just realized something. If you take a look at footnote 2 on the AZX plan table, it specifies that the incentive listed is not that of Ford financing incentives.

Does this mean if you qualify for Ford Options, you get an additional $2,500 on top of the x-plan incentive?.
That's the way I read it. That's why we will be going with Ford Options even though we are not "leasing".
Same here. As long as they extend the incentive expiration date and they don’t offer a great lease deal.

When I received my notification of delivery, I went to financing options.

It is interesting that Ford no longer calls the "Option Plan" a lease alternative. From the financing page:

"Exclusive to the Mustang Mach-E, Ford Options provides you an alternate way to finance with lower monthly payments and a final balloon payment, greater flexibility and a straightforward return process.*" (emphasis added)

With the $2,500 incentive I believe the monthly payments on the Option Plan will always be less than straight financing. That is why I have questioned whether or not this $2,500 incentive actually exists. If it does no one will finance their car. It will always be cheaper to pay the monthly under the option plan and the balloon at the end then financing for 3 or 4 years - except if you go beyond 4 years.

IMHO, and it is only my opinion, if you need 5 years or more of payments to afford a MME, then maybe the MME is too expensive for you.
From the financial calculator:

• Under the Option plan the interest rate is still 2.25% and an incentive of $2,500​
  • Under financing 1.9% but no incentive​
On Friday I emailed my dealer to confirm the above, ask about any other incentives and whether these will be RCL and if so the terms.

I am still waiting to hear back.

Has anyone confirmed with their dealer any incentives under the Option plan, the interest rates or other incentives and whether there will be a RCL for the MME?

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I received my notification of delivery, I went to financing options.

It is interesting that Ford no longer calls the "Option Plan" a lease alternative. From the financing page:

"Exclusive to the Mustang Mach-E, Ford Options provides you an alternate way to finance with lower monthly payments and a final balloon payment, greater flexibility and a straightforward return process.*" (emphasis added)

With the $2,500 incentive I believe the monthly payments on the Option Plan will always be less than straight financing. That is why I have questioned whether or not this $2,500 incentive actually exists. If it does no one will finance their car. It will always be cheaper to pay the monthly under the option plan and the balloon at the end then financing for 3 or 4 years - except if you go beyond 4 years.

IMHO, and it is only my opinion, if you need 5 years or more of payments to afford a MME, then maybe the MME is too expensive for you.
From the financial calculator:

• Under the Option plan the interest rate is still 2.25% and an incentive of $2,500​
  • Under financing 1.9% but no incentive​
On Friday I emailed my dealer to confirm the above, ask about any other incentives and whether these will be RCL and if so the terms.

I am still waiting to hear back.

Has anyone confirmed with their dealer any incentives under the Option plan, the interest rates or other incentives and whether there will be a RCL for the MME?

Hi JTK44. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. I am on the south shore of Lawn Guyland and ordered a PR ER X on 10.6. I expect to get it by June. I switched from Hassett who were awful to Hempstead Ford and the manager there appears to be very competent after meeting him at the roadshow. I will be talking finance when build the date is confirmed and should get answers from him quicker than the week it is taking you to hear back from Biener. I too plan to start with the x plan with incentives and rebates. If they don’t offer a great lease this year I will probably go with the option loan, $2000 NY state rebate, $2500 Ford incentive and $7500 Fed Credit. Also hoping the $500 smart charger rebate from PSEGLI is extended through 2021. That brings the price of the car down to about $44k net cost. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hi JTK44. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. I am on the south shore of Lawn Guyland and ordered a PR ER X on 10.6. I expect to get it by June. I switched from Hassett who were awful to Hempstead Ford and the manager there appears to be very competent after meeting him at the roadshow. I will be talking finance when build the date is confirmed and should get answers from him quicker than the week it is taking you to hear back from Biener. I too plan to start with the x plan with incentives and rebates. If they don’t offer a great lease this year I will probably go with the option loan, $2000 NY state rebate, $2500 Ford incentive and $7500 Fed Credit. Also hoping the $500 smart charger rebate from PSEGLI is extended through 2021. That brings the price of the car down to about $44k net cost. Cheers.
As soon I hear back from Biener I will post:

$500 back from PSEG: I keep wondering why the $500 rebate from PSEG does not apply to the charger that comes with the MME. It is 32 AMP charger.

It seems counter-intuitive to spend $500 on a JuiceBox, ChargePoint, etc. just to get $500 back - which puts you at zero - no savings. Why not give us the $500 for installing the charger that comes with the MME? If PSEG did that, that would be a real savings of $500!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You're not alone here... I'm more of a hard a$$ than you. IMHO, with some exceptions, if you NEED to take ANY type of a loan out buy ANY car, than that car is not for you.

That said, we don't NEED to but we would still finance our vehicle... because I just don't feel like cashing in my low risk stocks, corporate bonds, etc... for the purchase. Doesn't make any sense to sell securities that reliably pay 6%+ dividends to avoid the 2.5% Ford Options financing. At this point in my life, I am only buying cars that I can pay for with passive income.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As soon I hear back from Biener I will post:

$500 back from PSEG: I keep wondering why the $500 rebate from PSEG does not apply to the charger that comes with the MME. It is 32 AMP charger.

It seems counter-intuitive to spend $500 on a JuiceBox, ChargePoint, etc. just to get $500 back - which puts you at zero - no savings. Why not give us the $500 for installing the charger that comes with the MME? If PSEG did that, that would be a real savings of $500!

True but I am purchasing one of the smart chargers and installing it in the garage.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
True but I am purchasing one of the smart chargers and installing it in the garage.
I believe the charger that comes with the MME is also a smart charger: It can be controlled by the Ford App on your phone. For my needs 32 AMPS is sufficient and not much difference in charging rates than a 40 AMP. A 48 AMP requires a 60 AMP circuit breaker, more than is presently available on my electrical panel. The cost of upgrading my panel is too high.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe the charger that comes with the MME is also a smart charger: It can be controlled by the Ford App on your phone. For my needs 32 AMPS is sufficient and not much difference in charging rates than a 40 AMP. A 48 AMP requires a 60 AMP circuit breaker, more than is presently available on my electrical panel. The cost of upgrading my panel is too high.
It is. However I want to leave it in the hatch for travel and plug into the second one in the garage. The rebate of $500 will offset some of the costs.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
If you have the x-plan there is a slight savings off the MSRP, and currently an additional $2,500 in NY area.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you have the x-plan there is a slight savings off the MSRP, and currently an additional $2,500 in NY area.
NY: $2,500?

Is this new? If so that is great! Previously it was $2,000 which you get at delivery, whether you buy it or lease it: it is taken off the price by the dealer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you plan to use Mach E mobile charger at 32 amps do you already have a 50 amp circuit with a NEMA 14-50 receptacle on a 50 amp circuit? The mobile charger has a NEMA 14-50 plug. So you PSEG customers on Long Island can just buy a Juice Box 40 for $177 ( normal price is $677) and you can buy it online through their website. So your net additional cost is $177 which seems like a bargain to me. With the plug you can use either charger, not at the same time of course. Mounting the plug in version of the Juice Box 40 is just drilling two holes in a vertical stud. The harder part of the install if you need the wiring install is dealing with the stiff AWG 6 wiring to the service panel. I have already done that.

To get a rebate on a Ford mobile charger would you not need an invoice that is separate from the car? You do not get that since the charger cost is built in to the car purchase. I am rather envious of all your incentive and rebates in NY and NJ. I get the $7,500 federal rebate and 30% off for my charging station from the feds. My state and utility gives me nada.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Is this new? If so that is great! Previously it was $2,000 which you get at delivery, whether you buy it or lease it: it is taken off the price by the dealer.
I think that's in reference to the Ford Options cash incentive which is actually not available in all states. So in NY, the Fed/State/Ford incentives is $12K. That's a healthy nudge to the MME.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts

It changes month-by-month, just like the financing incentives.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I think that's in reference to the Ford Options cash incentive which is actually not available in all states. So in NY, the Fed/State/Ford incentives is $12K. That's a healthy nudge to the MME.
No, it looks like an additional $2,500 (varies state-by-state) specific to the x-plan.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Jeez, The footnote contradicts what is listed.

Well, it was too good to be true.
But still... EVERYONE should be going with the Ford options... Even if one wants to pay cash outright... why not pocket the $2,500 and pay the car off in the first month?

$7,500 from the Feds, $2,500 from Ford. That's $10K off of MSRP BEFORE any State incentives.

·
Registered
446 Posts
But still... EVERYONE should be going with the Ford options... Even if one wants to pay cash outright... why not pocket the $2,500 and pay the car off in the first month?

$7,500 from the Feds, $2,500 from Ford. That's $10K off of MSRP BEFORE any State incentives.
I believe the footnote wording is messed up. I'm pretty sure one can qualify for X-Plan pricing as well as Ford Options incentives and combined both. For clarification, ask your dealer.

Incentives vary by time and market. For me, it's currently a $1,000 incentive if I used Options or leasing, and nothing for simple interest financing or cash.

So we each need to evaluate our circumstances when it comes time to take delivery. For example, the $2,500 offer you're seeing may be replaced with $1,500 for all buyers, regardless of financing. (Just a hypothetical.) If that happens, then the significantly increased interest on Ford Options (compared to cash or simple interest financing) may make it a poor option for some people.

Also, the $7,500 does not come off MSRP... It is reconciled at tax time. Yes, if you know that you personally will have enough tax liability in the tax year of your purchase that you'll be sure to qualify for the full tax credit, then you could choose to think of it that way... But it's not the same thing. For instance, it's not discounting the amount of sales or property taxes that I'll owe to Arizona for this vehicle, whereas a $7,500 manufacturer incentive would reduce my sales tax.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you plan to use Mach E mobile charger at 32 amps do you already have a 50 amp circuit with a NEMA 14-50 receptacle on a 50 amp circuit? The mobile charger has a NEMA 14-50 plug. So you PSEG customers on Long Island can just buy a Juice Box 40 for $177 ( normal price is $677) and you can buy it online through their website. So your net additional cost is $177 which seems like a bargain to me. With the plug you can use either charger, not at the same time of course. Mounting the plug in version of the Juice Box 40 is just drilling two holes in a vertical stud. The harder part of the install if you need the wiring install is dealing with the stiff AWG 6 wiring to the service panel. I have already done that.

To get a rebate on a Ford mobile charger would you not need an invoice that is separate from the car? You do not get that since the charger cost is built in to the car purchase. I am rather envious of all your incentive and rebates in NY and NJ. I get the $7,500 federal rebate and 30% off for my charging station from the feds. My state and utility gives me nada.

Here is the program for Long Island PSEG:

and

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Also, the $7,500 does not come off MSRP... It is reconciled at tax time. Yes, if you know that you personally will have enough tax liability in the tax year of your purchase that you'll be sure to qualify for the full tax credit, then you could choose to think of it that way... But it's not the same thing. For instance, it's not discounting the amount of sales or property taxes that I'll owe to Arizona for this vehicle, whereas a $7,500 manufacturer incentive would reduce my sales tax.
I would ague that anyone who doesn't have the tax liability to get the full $7,500 back has no business buying this car.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts