Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,155 Posts
I believe the footnote wording is messed up. I'm pretty sure one can qualify for X-Plan pricing as well as Ford Options incentives and combined both. For clarification, ask your dealer.

Incentives vary by time and market. For me, it's currently a $1,000 incentive if I used Options or leasing, and nothing for simple interest financing or cash.

So we each need to evaluate our circumstances when it comes time to take delivery. For example, the $2,500 offer you're seeing may be replaced with $1,500 for all buyers, regardless of financing. (Just a hypothetical.) If that happens, then the significantly increased interest on Ford Options (compared to cash or simple interest financing) may make it a poor option for some people.

Also, the $7,500 does not come off MSRP... It is reconciled at tax time. Yes, if you know that you personally will have enough tax liability in the tax year of your purchase that you'll be sure to qualify for the full tax credit, then you could choose to think of it that way... But it's not the same thing. For instance, it's not discounting the amount of sales or property taxes that I'll owe to Arizona for this vehicle, whereas a $7,500 manufacturer incentive would reduce my sales tax.
My FE has been built and the scheduled delivery date is Feb 15.

I have emailed my dealer a copy of the delivery date notification from Ford and asked him on Thursday:

• What incentives there are
  • What are the terms of financing
  • What are the terms of the Option Plan
  • Will there be a RCL
I have not heard back. As soon as I do I will post his response. My zip code is 11050, which is Long Island, NY.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I would ague that anyone who doesn't have the tax liability to get the full $7,500 back has no business buying this car.
Have you heard of Tax Free bonds?

Remember Trump had no taxable income.

A lot of people have a great deal of income but do not have tax liability.

What I would say, is that if the only way you can afford a MME is to finance it over a number of years, then the MME is probably too expensive for you.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Have you heard of Tax Free bonds?

Remember Trump had no taxable income.

A lot of people have a great deal of income but do not have tax liability.

What I would say, is that if the only way you can afford a MME is to finance it over a number of years, then the MME is probably too expensive for you.
Yes many people have no taxable income because their accountants and lawyers make sure they don't. Not many drive around in $60K cars.... it's more like they get driven around. Should they buy the MME, their accounts will ensure that they have the $7,500 tax liability.

I think the most likely "normal folk" you might be referring to a retiree maybe who's on a fixed, passive income with little/no tax liability, a small business owner who might not have cleared any income, and the like.... Outliers...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would ague that anyone who doesn't have the tax liability to get the full $7,500 back has no business buying this car.
Maybe so. Or maybe the buyer is retired and purchases the vehicle in a year where they've made very few taxable events. (Perhaps living off a Roth IRA as one easy example.)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Maybe so. Or maybe the buyer is retired and purchases the vehicle in a year where they've made very few taxable events. (Perhaps living off a Roth IRA as one easy example.)
if they're wealthy enough to forgo the $7,500 well then not a problem.
But I'm sure a retiree comfortably buying a $60K car can scratch up $7,500 2021 tax liability.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
To get the full $7,500 in Federal tax credit, your net income needs to be at least $56,000 for single, or $66,000 married filing jointly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
so am I reading correctly? If I join the Mustang club I get x-plan pricing? Do I still buy from my local dealer?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
so am I reading correctly? If I join the Mustang club I get x-plan pricing? Do I still buy from my local dealer?
Yes and Yes: Keep in mind there is a small waiting period between membership and qualification for X-Plan pricing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes and Yes: Keep in mind there is a small waiting period between membership and qualification for X-Plan pricing.
so I need to go ahead and join I guess. You don't happen to know the wait period, they don't mention it on the club site. Since it's mustang based does that mean it would qualify for MCA activities. Interestingly on the MCA site you get x-plan with associate ($25) digital ($35) and full member ($50)

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
so I need to go ahead and join I guess. You don't happen to know the wait period, they don't mention it on the club site. Since it's mustang based does that mean it would qualify for MCA activities. Interestingly on the MCA site you get x-plan with associate ($25) digital ($35) and full member ($50)
@ChasingCoral , was the waiting period 30 days?

Reactions: zvez

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I just joined MCA, you can access x-plan immediately but you need to have your physical card which they said takes three weeks. Still no biggy
nice, thanks.

After seeing Ford’s direction with the MMe, Bronco, F150, and eTransit. I decided to buy some stock, which also gives me access to the x-plan.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just joined MCA, you can access x-plan immediately but you need to have your physical card which they said takes three weeks. Still no biggy
Check to make sure the dealer you are buying from will accept X Plan . . .not all do. Get in writing now they will accept.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
nice, thanks.

After seeing Ford’s direction with the MMe, Bronco, F150, and eTransit. I decided to buy some stock, which also gives me access to the x-plan.
Many of us bought back in the Spring when it dipped below $5.

My goal in 2021 is that 'F' pays for my Ford(s). 😁😁😁 No TSLA but still up quite a bit since then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm planning to email the dealer tomorrow. UT has anyone received any firm numbers and details on the Ford Options financing plan?

It reminds me of a plan GM used to have years ago. Full disclosure it kind of sucked. But given that this seems to be exclusive to Mach-e right now maybe it will have some extra incentives or put some risk back on Ford to help move some metal early on.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'm planning to email the dealer tomorrow. UT has anyone received any firm numbers and details on the Ford Options financing plan?
Emailed my dealer last Thursday. Have not heard back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I ended up emailing three dealers last night that I've been talking to. Got a reply back from one of them this AM.

From Dealer #1
-----
Our first Mach-E is tentatively set to arrive during either the week of 1/11 or 1/17. It is a white Mach-E Premium that may be required to be placed immediately into our Courtesy Transportation Service Loaner Program as mandated by Ford.

I have no other information regarding pricing, incentives or X-Plan availability.
-----

Will post replied from other dealers as they come in.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts