Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mach-e Premium AWD ER IBSM
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer just called, my Mach-e is finally here! Checked for rear axle recall and that is all good.

Have already agreed to X-plan pricing. Just asked about possible rebate from Ford Options financing (protected by Ford from 11-04-21 order date).

The rep says it is one or the other, cannot do both X-plan and get Ford Options rebate. I asked, if I was going to finance, shouldn‘t that program also have also been available to me? Options promo could be $1,000, or more.

Is the dealer correct?

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD Shadow Black
52 Posts
Not sure about your dealer, but I used x-plan and also was able to get the Ford Options rebate. Now this was last year, so I don’t know if they changed something, but I would be skeptical of the dealer claim.

·
Registered
2022 Mach-e Premium AWD ER IBSM
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all, really do appreciate the support.

Finally picked up my 22 ER AWD in IBSM. Dealer was helpless, not familiar with various sales programs, had to push for detailed discussion on each.
  1. Live outside of Philly. In this geography, for whatever reason, FoMoCo has been providing a $2000 regional discount. That was on the sticker, so nothing to debate.
  2. X-plan pricing was accepted by the dealer at order. Needed to remind them and bring my Mustang Club of America PIN, but they applied the discount correctly.
  3. Dealer had no idea about Ford Options. Sales guy kept trying to offer me a loan through their bank. Um no, looking for the promotional money. Then he said told me that I could not have both the X-plan price and Options rebate (hence, my OP question). I did not accept that, nor their claim that the Mach-e has never had a cash back financing program. After I kept asking, they finally went into Smart Vincent and gave me the printout showing the rates and discount from the date of my order. Unfortunately, that showed zero rebate, but I am glad I held firm.
  4. Dealer had no idea about price protection. Handed them various printouts from the Ford site, including the X-plan document which reads,
“If vehicle was ordered prior to the announcement of a price increase, it may be eligible for price protection… Dealer may mail check to customer or decrease price.”

Here is a link to the whole document:

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/AXZD-PlanPricingAgreement.pdf

And the price protection memo from Ford, shown on attachment. Ultimately, they agreed that if Ford sends them money back / credits them for the price difference, they would send the monies to me. Of course they have to, so it is no concession, only an admission they did not know what they were talking about.

I am really happy to see Ford moving to a simplified purchase process. For me, there was too much uncertainty caused by dealer ignorance. Have to believe these shortcomings are on the side of the dealer, for I was able - as a consumer - to acquire and understand all of the relevant inputs.

Good news is, 318 days after order, SKY is home.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts